Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Who will be the number one running back this year?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 28
| visibility 1

Who will be the number one running back this year?

Jul 26, 2014, 12:41 PM

Been watching a few highlight videos from last year and Rod McDowell had a great year. A "quiet" 1,000 yard season. He played bigger than he was and ran hard every time. Who is going to be that guy this year?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Who will be the number one running back this year?

Jul 26, 2014, 12:44 PM

ZAC BROOKS

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Our country won't go on forever, if we stay soft as we are now. There won't be any America because some foreign soldiery will invade us and take our women and breed a hardier race.

~Chesty Puller
Lt.General United States Marine Corps

Jul 26, 2014, 12:48 PM

I'd love to see that although I was big DJ Howard fan when he broke out as a freshman.

Jul 26, 2014, 2:35 PM [ in reply to Re: Who will be the number one running back this year? ]

Zac brooks is a fumbler that Morris won't tolerate. Great speed and great hands so he'll get his shot but one fumble even in a scrimmage and Morris puts him at #3

Jul 26, 2014, 12:50 PM

if adam choice stays healthy, I think he will carry the load by the end of the season. The kid is an absolute workhorse that gets stronger as the game wears on. Otherwise, Dye excluded, I see a log jam of moderately talented players rotating to stay fresh.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I find it difficult to read your posts because of

Jul 26, 2014, 5:19 PM

the two obvious distractions. Keep up the good work.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Gallman, out of the ones I've seen. CJ Davidson has great

Jul 26, 2014, 12:51 PM

potential as well. Howard and Brooks are solid and I don't think we lose much when either is in, but both would have to have improved significantly to be considered an every down RB for a top 10 team; maybe they have. We've never seen Dye or Choice, so it's impossible to know how ready they will be to play, but I wouldn't count on either being the number 1 guy this year. Then there is Flemming, who is a wild card who brings both power and speed, but I wouldn't think he'd be our every-down RB either.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

Re: Gallman, out of the ones I've seen. CJ Davidson has great

Jul 26, 2014, 12:55 PM

I agree with you that it is impossible to tell who is going to step up, and Gallman is intriguing.

But I have been left scratching my head on the RB recruiting front. To me Choice is the only one that was coveted at the position and has the body type to be an every down feature back. And I know a little secret that you will not see in his film, he is fully capable of lining up in the slot and has exceptional ball skills. I can not wait to see how he looks in pads against our D in Scrimmages.

Dye too, we've just forgotten about him due to injury***

Jul 26, 2014, 12:56 PM

Clemson

Re: Dye too, we've just forgotten about him due to injury***

Jul 26, 2014, 12:58 PM

I sure hope so...

Choice and Dye were highly coveted, true RBs, and both

Jul 26, 2014, 1:22 PM [ in reply to Re: Gallman, out of the ones I've seen. CJ Davidson has great ]

are obviously talented and look great on film in HS. If they get/stay healthy, I expect big things from both at some point; it could be this year, I just have no way of making that judgement. As for Gallman, I was really surprised at how good he looked in the Spring game. He looked like a true RB to me. We hear a lot about him being a "violent runner", and I certainly see that, but he also has a good burst and showed some quick feet and ability to make people miss.

Lot's of question marks any way you slice it.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

I think that violence comes from playing LB...he certainly

Jul 26, 2014, 4:00 PM

no stranger to contact!

Re: Choice and Dye were highly coveted, true RBs, and both

Jul 26, 2014, 4:06 PM [ in reply to Choice and Dye were highly coveted, true RBs, and both ]

I look at the RB situation here similar to WR in 2011. There were a ton of average guys, then sammy stepped in and took the position over. whether its Gallman, Dye, or choice, I have seen enough out of what we already have to know a huge opportunity exists for one of these freshman.

Can't argue with that - I know exactly what you mean.***

Jul 26, 2014, 4:44 PM

- H. L. Mencken

Re: Gallman, out of the ones I've seen. CJ Davidson has great

Jul 26, 2014, 2:28 PM [ in reply to Gallman, out of the ones I've seen. CJ Davidson has great ]

Every year is going to be the "breakout" year for DJ Howard. I'm sure he's a very nice guy, but can someone explain to me why he is anything but an average RB? And Zac Brooks, still apparently at his HS weight of around 185----if that?

Zac Brooks next to Dye and Howard...

Jul 26, 2014, 4:07 PM

ME!

Jul 26, 2014, 12:52 PM

in my Tiger dreams :)

i think Brooks & Howard get'er did

Re: but i think we'll see'em all play some, whether due to

Jul 26, 2014, 12:57 PM

injury, or fresh rotation...

but regardless of coach-speak, we all know* the tendency is for them to still go with the veterans & tested players. Brooks & Howard have the experience so far.
I can't wait to see Dye & Gallman though!

we know what Flemming looks like...A BEAST, & runs like it!

see ex: Spring Game ;)

Message was edited by: jbthe1tiger99®
*duh

Re: ME!

Jul 26, 2014, 2:30 PM [ in reply to ME! ]

How? Why?

Re: how? why?.....WDYM???

Jul 26, 2014, 3:14 PM

read much? lol

Jul 26, 2014, 12:56 PM

Maybe the better question is who's running ability will take the heat off of Cole and pass protect well.

Re: pressure...good call.

Jul 26, 2014, 1:03 PM

i hope our O-line takes care of most of that for the RB's, but that's BIG!
the plus-factor is: I think Stoudt is quicker with decisions, so less time with the ball in the back field HAVING to protect him.

and HE'S SO TALL!!! :-o

Re: pressure...good call.

Jul 26, 2014, 1:16 PM

Would love to see Cole standing tall in the pocket slinging it all over the field - you're right I think his decision making will be quicker but the game will be faster for him too. Hope he adjusts quickly and I'm guessing he will.

All Will See Time ----

Jul 26, 2014, 1:08 PM

Brooks if he can stay healthy
will come the closest to if
not going over 1000 yards.

I would love to see Dye have a healthy, breakout year!***

Jul 26, 2014, 2:22 PM

CJ Davidson! I tout him every chance I get.

Jul 26, 2014, 3:44 PM

He has speed AND great RB skills.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 26, 2014, 4:48 PM

I think if CJ can take care of the ball he will get some good yards this season

Howard.

Jul 26, 2014, 5:25 PM

All the guys have their specialties but Howard has the experience to be the best all round. If he stays healthy he'll get somewhere close to 1000 yrds. Of course a lot of the guys will get playing time cause Cole won't be looking for Sammy because he couldn't read a defense.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Gallman.***

Jul 26, 2014, 5:49 PM

Replies: 28
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic