Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
I have an unpopular opinion I'm sure
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 72
| visibility 1

I have an unpopular opinion I'm sure

Jul 26, 2014, 12:25 AM

Even though I'm sure that Watson will be a great qb down the road, I could care less if he plays a single down this year. All this talk about how he will play and is gonna play sounds more like the coaches are trying to keep him happy. It is cole stoudts time. He deserves to play. He has earned it. This is his senior year and he has given tons of sweat for this program and I'd love to see him play every single down. If Watson has half the character he claims to have, he should let cole have his year without being a drama queen. Watson will have plenty of time to be the man. Watson should be more concerned with just getting better and supporting his teammate. His time will be here soon enough. Right now, this is cole's time to shine.

All this talk about Watson getting playing time seems less like he is ready and more like concessioning. I'm sure he will be ready soon enough and kick butt but this is time for the entire tiger nation to show it's support for cole.

I , for one, don't give a rip if Watson plays at UGA . I want to see mr stoudt lead this team like the champion I know he is. I got your back cole. I pulling for u young man!

Watson.... I'll pull for u later.....

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I have an unpopular opinion I'm sure

Jul 26, 2014, 12:31 AM

Uh, nobody wants to see Watson get extensive playing time. If he does it means A. Stoudt sucks. B. our season is lost. C. Stoudt gets hurt.

Besides, why can't you root for both? I just want the QB that gives us the best chance to win. Deshaun will be used sparingly. Probably in the red zone

"We establish no religion in this country, we mandate no belief. Nor will we ever. Church and state are, and must remain, separate." ~Ronald Reagan

Jul 26, 2014, 9:15 AM

Or (D): We are kicking other teams arses so good that he gets a lot of experience in mop up time

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Go Tigers........Fight Big Cat

Majority of the people on here probably feel the same way...

Jul 26, 2014, 12:33 AM

but if Watson is the better QB and wins the job he deserves it. Make no mistake, I think Cole is going to do great things and surprise the outsiders.

Jul 26, 2014, 12:43 AM

Chad will have a few plays designed just for Watson this year, however, Stoudt will be the starter. He has earned his way in and knows the playbook. IMHO

I want Watson to get extensive time vs UGA

Jul 26, 2014, 1:24 AM

after Cole & Co have put us up so much the game is out of reach. ;)

Jul 26, 2014, 2:26 AM

"I could [not] care less" and as far as "earning" anything, lets field the best player to get us to the ship'.

oh lawd here we go with this again. it is a freakin website

Jul 26, 2014, 6:20 AM

chat forum not one of your classes deary....AND the "not" is implied as in I could care less.....but I don't.

isn't "lets" a contraction for "let us"? are there rules 4

Jul 26, 2014, 8:08 AM [ in reply to Re: I have an unpopular opinion I'm sure ]

dat sort of thang?

but hartins approves your message... sigh. smh

oh, and good morning, hartins.

;)

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'm not so certain the talk is designed to keep DW happy,

Jul 26, 2014, 6:26 AM

but rather to cover our options.

He may or may not get playing time, depending on whether or not he is needed or simply used due to sufficient leads. I don't think anyone would expect more or less from our staff, regarding any player.

Additionally, coaches throw a lot of smokescreens to opponents to force them into multiple scenarios of preparation, hoping to weaken their proficiency by spreading themselves too thin. These tactics are routinely practiced by great military commanders.

Hence, I just don't see any drama other than that created by our excitement over the fast-approaching season...which is as well it should be.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 26, 2014, 6:38 AM

Orangerivers, about the only thing I agree with in your post is the title: "I have an unpopular opinion I'm sure". I agree with the other posters in that I hope he gets to play a lot because it would probably mean we are playing well, barring the injury scenario. Oh yes, I do hope Cole Stoudt plays outstandingly also.

Secondly, where did you get your info for this statement:

"If Watson has half the character he claims to have, he should let cole have his year without being a drama queen."

Hopefully you misspoke, or you don't know Watson at all. This young man is the epitome of what you would want as far as character, talent, and maturity are concerned. I have never heard him "claim to have character" or do any "drama queen" stuff. I have had the pleasure of meeting this young man and IMHO he is the real deal both on and off the field. I am truly glad he is a TIGER!!

badge-donor-10yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 26, 2014, 7:01 AM

Hinds, I hit the wrong side of the rating button. I fully agree with you.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Ken

With every position, including quarterback

Jul 26, 2014, 7:57 AM

Put the best skills on the field. Period.

"Dabo crushed my soul." --- Classof09

How many teams do you know of

Jul 26, 2014, 8:04 AM

that don't look forward to getting experience for their young, backup QB?! "Come on MAN!!"

I won't address the popularity of your opinion.

Jul 26, 2014, 8:28 AM

We need DW experienced asap because he's second on the depth chart. Injury to a starting QB could be horrible without a seasoned backup. We lost Chad Kelly our first recruit who was a custom fit to this offense. DW is the only one we have left.

This is Cole's last year of eligibility. Somebody else has to play next year. Wouldn't it be nice if that somebody had a lot of practice during games?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I won't address the popularity of your opinion.

Jul 26, 2014, 8:37 AM

No one is saying that if an injury occurred that Watson couldn't or shouldn't play. Obviously I should not need to state the obvious.

My entire point is, it's cole's time. And Watson can wait as long as he needs to this year as far as I care. This is not a knock on Watson , this goes for any other qb too. Cole has earned this. So why are the coaches constantly into explaining the need for Watson to play? It's silly.

Jul 26, 2014, 8:41 AM

Because he needs as much playing time as he can get so that next year we're not starting an inexperienced qb (again, as some might argue). Cole should've had more playing time last year.

If it's obvious why Watson needs to play...

Jul 26, 2014, 8:56 AM [ in reply to Re: I won't address the popularity of your opinion. ]

what's the gatdam fuss about? Dabo is asked a question and he provided accurate information then you whine.

Everybody is on Cole's side! We're all on DW side too! We're on Dabo's side and we're on The Chad's side. I'm on your side and you're on my side, gatdammit! We're all Clemson so stop acting like some of us want Cole to fail so the team can win. That's contentious and unnerving.

I'm the one guy here who thinks Cole is a better quarterback than Tajh. I've said time after time that our offense will be more productive this year than last. DW didn't factor into that prediction.

The coaches keep explaining it because the reporters keep asking the question.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: If it's obvious why Watson needs to play...

Jul 26, 2014, 9:01 AM

Dabo us saying he will play because chad Morris opened his mouth and now there is clarification going on. And chad opened it to appease Watson. It was a bad move. And soneone needs to go over and apologize to cole stoudt if u want the truth. And reaffirm the faith the coaches have in him.

Watson can wait....

it's hilarious; everyone else's supposition is erroneous,

Jul 26, 2014, 9:10 AM

but yours that chad was only "appeasing" watson is golden?

you set the 'baseline' at "chad only said what he said to make our 5 star freshman happy" completely eliminating the obvious that the kid is that good, the kid entered early and the kid has earned playing time; there is a very good reason everyone and their brother wanted the young man...

i have honestly lost track of how many ways you're whining about this.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: it's hilarious; everyone else's supposition is erroneous,

Jul 26, 2014, 9:13 AM

I'm convinced that the OP is either a coot trying to stir up trouble here, or a teenaged girl with a crush on Cole.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

i'm giving him some rope. he's been around long enough

Jul 26, 2014, 9:15 AM

typing "heart felt foolishness" i'm hoping he's a girl with a crush on cole.

Re: i'm giving him some rope. he's been around long enough

Jul 26, 2014, 9:23 AM

I'll agree with that assessment. This ...

http://www.tigernet.com/forums/message.jspa?messageID=15571427

or this ...

http://www.tigernet.com/forums/message.jspa?messageID=15534167

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: i'm giving him some rope. he's been around long enough

Jul 26, 2014, 9:26 AM

> I'll agree with that assessment. This ...
>
> http://www.tigernet.com/forums/message.jspa?messageID=
> 15571427
>
> or this ...
>
> http://www.tigernet.com/forums/message.jspa?messageID=
> 15534167

Oh brother. You guys are truly sad . I don't have the desire to link all the junk you have posted. I'd have to have 500 pages. So this is what u do to anyone u guys disagree with. U run them off or try to. I get it. How many times have u pulled this garbage?

did someone ask you not to post? did someone tell you

Jul 26, 2014, 9:29 AM

to leave?

you post something you say will be "unpopular" then you get your skirt twisted when people don't agree with your assessment?

that's just silly at its finest.

Re: did someone ask you not to post? did someone tell you

Jul 26, 2014, 9:35 AM

Teenaged girls are like that sometimes.

Dead, I told u already, in not wasting anymore

Jul 26, 2014, 9:36 AM [ in reply to did someone ask you not to post? did someone tell you ]

Time with your motives. I know u do this slot . I'm not reading your posts anymore.

Cole stoudt is the man!

so which troll were you before 'orangerivers'? and how long

Jul 26, 2014, 9:49 AM

did you last under your prior user before you got kicked? you're certainly not here for reasonable discussion.

also, it's a public forum, try not to get upset or fall down kicking & screaming when someone offers a differing opinion & supports it. it's just a matter of 'truths', subjective mostly.

as far as this tantrum, i suspect we'll see more of the same in later threads as it's been a recurring theme in your responses since posting something admittedly, "unpopular"...

you might be happier posting it on your bedroom wall so no one will respond.

Blah blah blah

Jul 26, 2014, 9:14 AM [ in reply to it's hilarious; everyone else's supposition is erroneous, ]

You don't know he is that good. You don't. Cole is good. Seen him play. Been here several years. Knows the system. Waited his turn with class .

Saying Watson is the next college phenom is a stretch . He hasn't proved it yet. Maybe he us but maybe he is not!

Mike Bellamy? Chad Kelly? Etc....

What I do know is that right now, I'm 100% cole and 0% Watson.

ummm.. let's be clear, i don't need to know & never

Jul 26, 2014, 9:20 AM

suggested i did so pack that crap up and carry it on down the road.

there is no entitlement here. cole was named the starter, nothing more. cole might not be the starter after fall camp, who knows, we'll see.

if he isn't, that's because he got beat out by someone else. if he is and others on the roster have earned playing time, then they'll play whether they are a true freshman or not.

the only blah, blah, blah i see here is you saying, "the only reason chad said anything was to keep watson happy". you want to lose and entire team? that's a good way to do it.

Jul 26, 2014, 8:41 AM [ in reply to I won't address the popularity of your opinion. ]

And of course Watson needs live reps. He can get those at 30-0. Again, some things go without saying. So why the need to get him into the UGA game? Seems to me that now they have to since they keep saying it. How bout we just worry about cole stoudt.

how bout a simple answer?

Jul 26, 2014, 8:57 AM

It give UGAy something else to worry about.

Jul 26, 2014, 8:44 AM

You totally lost me at "every single snap"......

Really???

All of the TRUE Tiger fans on this board are 100% behind Cole being the starter IF he earns it in practice. He has paid his dues and deserves his shot! However.....

DW is the FUTURE for Clemson at QB AND we would be well advised to get him some real gametime experience immediately to include the Georgia game!!

Drama queen??? Ummm No! You missed the boat on that one! You have obviously mistaken our young man (Watson) for some other young'in that resides in Tallahassee or another young'in recently dismissed from our team that claimed to have "swag".

Deshaun has class, character and maturity beyond his years!! Should he have to wait....he will do it without one single word of discontent!

With that said, I am behind Cole ALL IN!

Go Tigers!!!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

And how do u know he has maturity beyond

Jul 26, 2014, 8:51 AM

His years? Do u know him well? Does he come hang out at your house? All this talk about how he will certainly play in such n such game sure isn't for mrs Debra in finance or chuck in shipping. Someone is trying to calm the concerns of a particular young man and it ain't cole stoudt. All this public stating that Watson will definately play should not be necessary . Unless.... There is a reason.

Like I said. I don't care if any other qb plays a single snap except cole. My point is clear . Of course u can knit pick anything u want. But cole deserves the spotlight. He deserves full support. He deserves the grand entrance. The moment to shine. Watson can wait.

So us Watson mature? Who knows n I don't care. Why the need to guarantee okay time for Watson???????????

Dumb

a reason such as, watson has earned it; it seems simple...

Jul 26, 2014, 9:01 AM

you seem to be muddying the waters.

Re: 100% ALLIN4CU® & a fan should pull for ALL of "team"!!!

Jul 27, 2014, 2:58 PM [ in reply to Re: I have an unpopular opinion I'm sure ]

how crazy would it be to throw Watson to the proverbial wolves next year (or God forbid, via injury time!) without ANY kind of relative & competitive PT before he takes the field & we all START to "PULL FOR HIM"...???

just a little overboard there!

many articles have been written about this young man's character & maturity. we know he's no spoiled primadonna...smh! that kid left...

I can't wait to see BOTH play & hope that Cole takes his chance & leads us to an NC!!! If Watson plays that big of a role then i'll cheer them both on & say thank God for both :)

Gonna be a GREAT YEAR!!!
Go Tigers! ALL IN

Jul 26, 2014, 8:53 AM

The thing that I disagree with you about is that Stoudt has earned the spot. He has earned an opportunity to prove he is the best choice this year. He deserves a clear and unbias chance to win the job but if Watson is the better QB and offers the coaches the best opportunity to win then I would go with Watson. I am hoping and I truly have faith that Stoudt can do the job, I hope that Watson will get enough experience this year to feel comfortable next year with being the man.

Jul 26, 2014, 8:59 AM

Idiotic statement-You need to have as much qb experience as you can get. To think we can survive with one qb who really has no true game experience and that he plays all year-no injuries or other issues is idiotic.

Jul 27, 2014, 3:03 PM

it's kinda a tigerking-ish type of unrelenting stance to objective discussion & opinion...

ewwwwps :-}

Now I don't want him to play against UGA if

Jul 26, 2014, 9:00 AM

he's not ready but I do want him to play this season. Not because I want to see what this freshman can do, but so that we aren't starting a guy at QB who has never taken a snap in a game next year.

What really surprises me is the lack

Jul 26, 2014, 9:08 AM

Of true fan support for cole stoudt. Fans talking out of both sides of their mouths, not being forthright .

I love football just like many of you but cole stoudt has worked his butt off for this chance. Watson hasn't even played a down yet and for all we know, he might be far from ready. But who cares, we will find out in a game that's decided. Do we need to promise him UGA? No.

And a mature player, like many claim he is, shouldn't expect that. How bout we promise cole we got his back. Or that for the near future, cole us our guy.
How bout chad Morris hop on tv and state that Watson might play , rather than will play and that cole is our horse . I got your back cole. It's your time ! Go beat down UGA and these clowns will shut up.

what really surprises me is you don't see the difference,

Jul 26, 2014, 9:12 AM

but the more you type, the clearer it becomes me; i won't speak for anyone else.

Re: what really surprises me is you don't see the difference,

Jul 26, 2014, 9:16 AM

Also, Watson needs experience for next year. There is no one
else.

there is, but he's earned the 2 spot apparently & it

Jul 26, 2014, 9:23 AM

might mean he's earned some playing time in more than mop up situations.

And dead, I see how u operate

Jul 26, 2014, 9:21 AM [ in reply to what really surprises me is you don't see the difference, ]

Trying to weasel your way to being on highr moral ground with a gutless method. I bet if I go back and read your history , you have constantly attacked many people with any opinion u don't agree with. I guarantee it. I havnt even looked but I'm sure of it.

That's why I won't pay u any further attention. I don't fall victim to people who thrive on online predatory manipulation of others.

The mods would greatly improve rid board by going back and reading your history and removing u.

Like I said.... Cole stoudt had earned our full support and he has mine.

haha, no higher ground than "reason" & i'm sorry i hurt you

Jul 26, 2014, 9:26 AM

and/or others with it; it's a #### & it burns.

so, now that you have no more to say or any "reason" of your own to offer short of baseless attacks, i see my work is done here.

bye troll.

So, you think

Jul 26, 2014, 9:33 AM

it is wise to be sitting here next year at this time with a QB who has NEVER played a snap of college football??? Dabo ain't that stupid.

Re: So, you think

Jul 26, 2014, 9:34 AM

That's what mopup duty is for

meant for orangerivers forest? if schuessler comes out

Jul 26, 2014, 9:37 AM [ in reply to So, you think ]

of fall camp earning playing time, he should play.

if watson beats cole out so be it. if watson earns playing time, so be it and if he's earned the coach's trust in any situation then... so be it.

dabo's always said seniority only breaks ties, there is no entitlement and there shouldn't be. you're not going to continue attract the best of the best if they can't earn their way on the field.

I'll tell you about talking out of both sides of the mouth.

Jul 26, 2014, 9:39 AM [ in reply to What really surprises me is the lack ]

We recruit some of football's finest highschoolers. They have integrity and most are mature and poised for their age. One of the reason we get them is because we have integrity and they and their parents know we don't lie.

They are not deceived, Dabo doesn't lie to a kid. He promises them a fair opportunity to earn playing time. When Dabo said DW will start when he's ready he didn't say DW will start when DW thinks he's ready. Right now I can't tell if you're too emotional to read and understand that concept so I'll say it in other words.

Our coaches will fulfill their promises according to their integrity not according to the player's ego. Your suggestion that DW's ego is driving the bus is the hugest insult to Dabo and staff since those punks on STS called him a glorified cheerleader. It surpasses even the most vicious attack on our coach since he took the job.

I can't tell if you've back yourself into this corner by being an ignorant and obstinate or if you're really a chickenfan just trying to interrupt the fellowship and brotherhood we have here.

It's downtime and you're good entertainment. What do you do for an encore?

Cole stoudt will be great this year

Jul 26, 2014, 9:40 AM

And unlike some of you, I'll be at every home game cheering him on ! He has earned his time and I know he will be just fine.

He has my full support.

"He's my best friend so he can't be yours?"

Jul 26, 2014, 9:42 AM

Gatdam, are we in the third grade or what?

Re: Cole stoudt will be great this year

Jul 26, 2014, 9:49 AM [ in reply to Cole stoudt will be great this year ]

He has my full support too. In fact, he had my full support last season also - and there were times when I thought he should have been in instead of Tajh. But guess who else has my full support ... the coaches.

You can post an "unpopular" opinion on here if you like. But don't cry about it when folks disagree with you.

I don't quite understand your angle...

Jul 26, 2014, 10:06 AM [ in reply to Cole stoudt will be great this year ]

Seems you are trolling for an emotional response.

Of course we are in full support of Cole. Any job is not a guarantee though.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Cole stoudt will be great this year

Jul 27, 2014, 3:16 PM [ in reply to Cole stoudt will be great this year ]

good for you pal, but you should just remove the "unlike you" part & just admit we all want the same thing...

duh, winning!

then realize the coaching staff is one of the best in the country & probably KNOWs exactly what they're doing, & getting paid for that reason...

then understand that nobody has even stated that he'll get anything but your repetitive mop-up time...perhaps the coaches are merely stating that after Cole stomps that @ss!!! Watson will get to go toss it around & gallop some too!?

yeesh, this gets redundant

Message was edited by: jbthe1tiger99®

Watson

Jul 26, 2014, 9:40 AM

may play, but it will probably be a situational substitution, or some type of trick play. It gives the UGA defense something to plan for, and hopefully gives us a little edge.

Watson has a lot to learn, but with the 3 years until the NFL, it is good to give him playing time just in case we need him this year. We only have Cole this year, and Watson will need to be ready day one in 2015.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Watson

Jul 26, 2014, 9:48 AM

Watson will run the plays he's mastered.

Re: Watson

Jul 27, 2014, 8:53 AM [ in reply to Watson ]

Somehow y'all are forgetting or ignoring this player.http://www.tigernet.com/clemson-football/player/Nick-Schuessler-241

He's not to shabby.

Cole will be great, but the #2 QB needs to get as many snaps

Jul 26, 2014, 9:54 AM

as possible since he's always one play away from being #1.

With all the worries of life, thankfully this is one that

Jul 26, 2014, 10:19 AM

you nor I nor anyone else outside the coaching staff has any input on. Hopefully Cole will have a great year, Watson will get a lot of meaningful minutes and believe me Watson is no "drama queen" and is full of character. Least of anyones worries.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Thank you, Cliff!

Jul 26, 2014, 10:19 AM

You had a reasonable line of thinking until you got to Cole playing every single down.

badge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Jul 26, 2014, 10:42 AM

Stop being so defensive dude!!

You made your point! You stated your argument!

Everyone else is offering differing opinions with some valid points and common sense!

IF Cole EARNS (through PRACTICE) the starting job, then COLE will have all the support in the world from me and the rest of Tiger Nation!! He's "paid his dues", yes, but just because....means nothing. The COACHES will decide DURING PRACTICES who will EARN the starting job!

Should the unthinkable in your world happen and DW EARNS the starting job (in the COACHES EYES), you may want to re-think your man crush!!

NOBODY HERE wants Cole to fail!! But we should ALL get on board with whoever the coaches feel gives us the best chance to WIN!! If that is a Senior, great! If happens to be a true Freshman, then so be it!!

THAT is the point everyone is trying to convey to you!!

GO TIGERS!!!!!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

So you want to start next year with a QB who has never

Jul 27, 2014, 2:01 AM

Taken a snap? Watson needs meaningful minutes this year, if we don't want to stumble next year. I trust our coaches to do the smart thing.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There comes a time when a prudent man takes a step back

Jul 27, 2014, 6:38 AM

from the ledge, takes a deep breath and realizes that jumping accomplishes only one thing: proof that he was wrong about the decision to jump.

You offered an opinion...nothing more, nothing less...an opinion of which a few agree, most don't and the rest just don't care.

It's O.K. to express an opinion, but shy of concrete facts with which to base it, which you haven't provided, then you have to expect dissent. Respect for your thoughts is then only garnered when you respect the right of others to express theirs.

When you resort to repeated expressions of your opinion due to dissent, you are quickly stepping closer to that ledge.

Is that you Tommy West?

Jul 27, 2014, 8:14 AM

More worried about making upper-classman happy are you?

a/k/a

Best player should play, really...no really :)
Who ever that is...

Watson Needs a lot of Snaps this year

Jul 27, 2014, 8:14 AM

He is our QB for the future and needs experience to lead next year

The Artist Formerly Known as "The FIGHTINGDABOS"

Nobody deserves to play, you have to earn it...

Jul 27, 2014, 12:39 PM

I havefull confidence in Cole Stoudt, but there is no such thing as deserving to play. If you someone comes along and is better than a person ahead of them on the depth chart, normally that person overtakes the starting position. Of course none of us know how this will play out, with how much Watson will play. But we do know he will be playing this season. The coaches have clearly stated Stoudt is the starter, any way.

And once again stop attacking Clemson players. No player should back down from trying to get the starting position. By making false accusations about Watson, who is a great kid, you sir are not a Clemson fan.

Re: well i agree with you this time tigerking79® :-)

Jul 27, 2014, 3:27 PM

why can't we be friends....? (to music) lol!

Go Tigers!

So I guess Charlie Whitehurst should have never started over

Jul 27, 2014, 12:52 PM

Willie Simmons, because Simmons waited his turn patiently and worked hard.

You must have been upset when we started Sammy Watkins over

Jul 27, 2014, 12:55 PM

Marquan Jones, when it was Marquan Jones senior season.

Cole is going to be better than people think...

Jul 27, 2014, 1:33 PM

Watson will get playing time with certain packages, though, no doubt about that. They have different skill sets. Cole isn't a guy that will have his confidence shaken by standing on the sideline for a few snaps or a drive here and there.

2024 student level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2008_ncaa_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-clemsonpoker489.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'm sure this has already been addressed, but who plays

Jul 27, 2014, 1:40 PM

should not be a 'seniority rule.' Whoever is the most talented, better prepared, and overall the better player should play.

Play seniors for the sake of them being seniors is a great way to earn yourself a spot on the hot seat as a coach...

No one deserves a spot...

Jul 27, 2014, 3:27 PM

Talent is what should decide who plays, not who has put in the time...

Replies: 72
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic