Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Will you be pleased with our season if we lose to
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 12
| visibility 1,012

Will you be pleased with our season if we lose to

Jul 25, 2014, 1:10 PM

any two out of UGA, FSU, and SCAR (assuming we win the other ones we should win)?

I have to admit that I will be a little disappointed with our season if we don't win at least two of those. No calling for anybody's head or anything ridiculous like that, but we probably need to win two of those in order to have any chance of finishing top 10 again. Naturally, I will be bitterly disappointed if we lose to the coots (God forbid) again, but if we beat everybody else, we could still have a great season.

If one of those losses is FSU, it will be especially tough because it's a conference loss and could knock us out of the conference title again. Wins against UGA and SCAR (two members of the ESPN conference) would take some of the sting out of it however, and could still result in a good bowl and top 10 finish.

I'm just rambling and thinking out loud - I may be way off. Thoughts?

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

They all need their self-rightous butts kicked.

Jul 25, 2014, 1:12 PM

However, beating SC and FSU would probably position us best IMO.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Great point - of those 3, losing to the leg-humpers

Jul 25, 2014, 1:16 PM

would probably hurt us the least.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

as far as i'm concerned we could go 1-11

Jul 25, 2014, 1:12 PM

as long as the 1 is SCAR

My father was a relentlessly self-improving boulangerie owner from Belgium with low grade narcolepsy and a penchant for buggery. My mother was a fifteen year old French prostitute named Chloe with webbed feet. My father would womanize, he would drink. He would make outrageous claims like he invented the question mark. Sometimes he would accuse chestnuts of being lazy. The sort of general malaise that only the genius possess and the insane lament.

Only if the two losses are to UGA & FSU

Jul 25, 2014, 1:13 PM

I would take 10-2 with losses to those two as long as we beat SCar. I think that would be a very successful season.

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Beating the coots certainly would ease the hurt of not

Jul 25, 2014, 1:15 PM

winning the ACC, going to a BCS type bowl, or finishing in the top 10, but it would be a step back overall. I hope we beat them no matter what.

- H. L. Mencken

Re: Will you be pleased with our season if we lose to

Jul 25, 2014, 1:21 PM

beating USUC is the ONLY way our season will be a success. I don't care if we go 1-11. Ok - I do care - but you get the point.

As soon as I saw the word "lose" I already knew

Jul 25, 2014, 1:30 PM

my answer would be "NO!"

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

No***

Jul 25, 2014, 3:00 PM

I expect to win no less than two of the three.

Jul 25, 2014, 3:12 PM

Financially we would be better off beating FSU to win the conference, but I'd rather beat SCAR.
I'd say the likely scenario is we beat UGA and SCAR, but FSU wins. If this happens and we finish 12-1 the team will finish about #5 after the bowl win.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

For me FSU and Coots.....

Jul 25, 2014, 3:23 PM

If we can win those two games (and not lose to the two AA teams) and it is a great year regardless of anything else happening.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

63-17

Re: Will you be pleased with our season if we lose to

Jul 25, 2014, 3:27 PM

Yes as long as SC is not one of them!!!

If SCAR is the victory, I will be ok.***

Jul 25, 2014, 7:15 PM

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 12
| visibility 1,012
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive