Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Thoughts after watching the OB again
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 36
| visibility 1

Thoughts after watching the OB again

Jul 25, 2014, 11:44 AM

We are still plagued by busted assignments on defense that lead to huge gains and sometimes easy bailout TDs. We CANNOT give UGA free plays- if we make them earn everything on the scoreboard, we will win.

I would guess that UGA will try to get their RBs heavily involved in the passing game. I counted 3 wide open wheel routes that OSU ran with Hyde.

Bradley Pinion can straight boot it. Is it possible he could Kickoff, Punt, and Place kick? I would feel better about his game experience going into Athens if we need a big FG.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Best Is The Standard

Re: Thoughts after watching the OB again

Jul 25, 2014, 11:49 AM

I agree. We should have won this game by 21 points. We were the better team, but they were disciplined and kept it close. Hell Boyd tried his best to give them the game.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

^^^this***

Jul 25, 2014, 1:14 PM

My father was a relentlessly self-improving boulangerie owner from Belgium with low grade narcolepsy and a penchant for buggery. My mother was a fifteen year old French prostitute named Chloe with webbed feet. My father would womanize, he would drink. He would make outrageous claims like he invented the question mark. Sometimes he would accuse chestnuts of being lazy. The sort of general malaise that only the genius possess and the insane lament.

Jul 25, 2014, 11:51 AM

Then you would not want to re-watch the GT game last year. They were so wide open on those wheel routes it was pathetic. They could have beaten us by 30 points if they would just pass the ball. I hope PJ isn't reading this. :)

Walt will pass this info along to PJ.***

Jul 25, 2014, 12:38 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I was young, I was sure of many things; now there are only two things of which I am sure: one is, that I am a miserable sinner; and the other, that Christ is an all-sufficient Saviour. He is well-taught who learns these two lessons." -John Newton

Have you ever seen Walt and PJ in the same room at the same

Jul 25, 2014, 1:48 PM

time? They might be the same person.

My biggest concern about the UGA games is that

Jul 25, 2014, 11:52 AM

we beat them up so bad that it makes it easy on SCAR. We need to only punish and not cripple them. ;)

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

No Sammy........

Jul 25, 2014, 12:08 PM

The guy had an incredible 16 receptions. Was that by design? You're going to miss him more than you think.

Re: No Sammy........

Jul 25, 2014, 12:11 PM

Did you watch the Orange Bowl? It was absolutely by design.

Jul 25, 2014, 12:35 PM

Boyd threw only 5 other pass to his Wrs.....Bryant and Hopper. Clemson's offense revolved around Sammy Watkins. He caught 16 balls in the OB game not because that's what Morris wanted to do...that's what he HAD to do to win. Cu won't just plug another guy in to fill his shoes, there's a reason he was a top 5 pick.

Jul 25, 2014, 12:37 PM

Yeah remember when he caught the game winner against the dawgs. That was great I'll miss that guy.

What was Tennessee going to do after Peyton Manning?

Jul 25, 2014, 12:49 PM [ in reply to Re: No Sammy........ ]

One player does not a team make.

What is UGA going to do after Gurley?

I'll answer - replace him with a good recruit and adapt the offense to your strengths.

As I remember - UGA was even very good after Hershel Walker.

badge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Jul 25, 2014, 12:59 PM [ in reply to Re: No Sammy........ ]

Wrong again. The Orange Bowl was just 1 game. Watkins accounted for 101 of 342 receptions (29.5%) last season-- that's about right for a player of his skill, but it's not as if we didn't have anyone else to throw the ball to. We have plenty of weapons at receiver and while we'll miss Sammy for sure, there is no dearth of talent at receiver.

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

They said the same about Nuke and Dwayne Allen...

Jul 25, 2014, 12:13 PM [ in reply to No Sammy........ ]

And Aaron Kelly and Michael Palmer...
And Andre Ellington, Davis, and Spiller...

Troll on with only two of ur WRs having more than 40 catches and 500 yards last year..... troll on....

Re: They said the same about Nuke and Dwayne Allen...

Jul 25, 2014, 12:53 PM

oh, no troll......You do realize our # 1, 2, and 3 WRS all when down to injures......right? Remember sans Humphries it's CU that will be relying on young and inexperience WRs for success.....not Uga.

Can't forget Peake, who had a fine game that night***

Jul 25, 2014, 12:58 PM

Clemson

Re: Can't forget Peake, who had a fine game that night***

Jul 25, 2014, 1:21 PM

absolutely not........and I think he's your #1 WR no matter that he's limited in experience.

He is more limited than a RS Jr should be

Jul 25, 2014, 1:39 PM

but not entirely

2012 - 24 for 171, 2 TDs (12 played, 2 starts)
2013 - 8 for 84, 1 TD (two games, two starts)

His yards per catch are worth noting

Clemson

Re: Can't forget Peake, who had a fine game that night***

Jul 25, 2014, 1:41 PM [ in reply to Re: Can't forget Peake, who had a fine game that night*** ]

Why do you care so much about what we think?

Georgia has a pretty good program. You shouldn't take last year's loss so hard --- it's tough to watch. I can only pray for you when you lose again.

Jul 25, 2014, 1:16 PM [ in reply to Re: They said the same about Nuke and Dwayne Allen... ]

I'm curious. Was Malcolm Mitchell your #2 or #3 WR?
Malcolm went for 484 yards and 3 TDs against power 5 competition in 2012. Adam Humpries went for 413 and 2 TDs and figures to be our #3 again this year and maybe split time with a freshman.

Jul 25, 2014, 1:29 PM

Mitchell was and has been considered our #1 WR the last two seasons but so far injures have curtailed his production. Sorry but there's is no comparison talent-wise between Mitchell and Humphries outside those numbers. MM battled hammies in 2012. Blew out his acl last year. He's fully recovered and go to go.....right up until he's hurt again. Who do you consider your #1 and 2 Wrs? Peake and Hopper?

Jul 25, 2014, 2:03 PM

You wouldn't consider Tavares King your #1 from 2012?

We're not going to miss *you* as much as *you* think

Jul 25, 2014, 12:37 PM [ in reply to No Sammy........ ]

after 8/30.

Jul 25, 2014, 12:18 PM

No doubt there are concerns about the busts...a lot of people have asked me why the coaches say that Jadar Johnson is battling Jayron Kearse for the starters spot at safety. Well, Kearse does a lot of guessing, and he might lead the league in INTs but might also get beat a lot. Here is a quote from his Facebook the other day..."I'm not afraid to be beat if you beat me you beat me, but if I guess right then your teams quarterback will pay."

I am thinking that "guessing" doesn't help when it comes to playing assignment football, and there needs to be less guessing and more sticking to the play than we've seen in the past. I am not singling him out - there are others - but it is a concern.

badge-seniorwriter.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 25, 2014, 12:41 PM

Doesn't sound like Kearse has learned a thing. Scary. Maybe he should do his "guessing" on the bench, at least until he learns to play assignment football. Are the coaches not aware of this?

Jul 25, 2014, 12:25 PM

UGA tried to get Gurley involved in the passing game the very first play of the game. He got popped and they didn't try it again for a good while.

Jul 25, 2014, 12:44 PM

Don't be fooled. Towards the end of the season after Gurley returned from injury Bobo was getting Gurley involved heavily in the passing game and finished with 37 receptions for 441 yards and 6 tds. I don't think any of your D-backs are gonna want to go head to head with TG when he finds space in the open field......can't wait to see Alexander try though.

Jul 25, 2014, 12:49 PM

Really worked well against Nebraska I thought.

Jul 25, 2014, 12:57 PM

Care to elaborate? Gurley had 86 yards rushing and 97 yards receiving and 1 td. Are you trying to convince me that Gurley isn't a concern....or yourself? lol!

Jul 25, 2014, 1:13 PM

YOU LOST!

badge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

He is not convinced.***

Jul 25, 2014, 1:51 PM

I'm happy for you superdawg

Jul 25, 2014, 12:49 PM [ in reply to Re: Thoughts after watching the OB again ]

Looks like you are really passionate about your team. Much like last year, though, your passion isn't going to have much of an impact on the actual game. I look forward to Gurley making his share of spectacular plays, and I look forward to us making a few more, just like last year. Best of luck.

Re: I'm happy for you superdawg

Jul 25, 2014, 1:04 PM

I am passionate about UGA...I'm an alum. But I think you're wrong....the tigernation's passion made a huge difference in the game last year. I think we'll all see great plays from both teams. Here's to home field advantage and the Dawgs making a few more game changing plays courtesy of our fanbase. Good Luck to you as well.

Here's to Hutson Mason.***

Jul 25, 2014, 1:52 PM

Jul 25, 2014, 12:33 PM

I share your concerns about our secondary. You can believe that UGA has watched that same film you did. And, UGA has three truly elite RB's who will kill us if we don't learn to cover those routes. Kearse, who was supposed to be a big part of the solution, apparently doesn't have the safety spot locked up yet. Not encouraging. Yeah, I'd love to see us run the ball on UGA, but you've got to have blocking to create a running game, and our OL to me remains very average at this point. Example, Battle trying to play tackle at 270. (He looks closer to 260 to me). This game really worries me as one that could get out of hand.

AND can't believe OHst was about to be in NC game since FSU

Jul 25, 2014, 1:40 PM

would have crushed them..and not had to wait to the last minute to win as they did with very good Auburn Team..IMO.

GoTiGERS1

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Plagued? I saw one athlete that for 1 reason or another

Jul 25, 2014, 1:45 PM

was not tuned in the OB. Why I do not know but seems a healthy dose of refocus and study would fix that. He definitely made some costly choices. He also made an interception or 2, turning Uncle Mo around.

I think all saw what you r referring to and I suspect that won't happen again. I respectfully disagree that we are still plagued. One player needs to study and am sure that was priority after the game.

Replies: 36
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic