Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
After countless exhausting hours of
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 7
| visibility 1

After countless exhausting hours of

Jul 25, 2014, 8:09 AM

Breaking down matchups and film for the season opener, I have finally come to one indisputable conclusion. UGA can't win. We will win .... Period. My logic is sound and the numbers just don't lie. I have turned over every rock and still, I get the same result in ever scenario. So... Here it is....

Puppies just can't beat tigers. :)

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: After countless exhausting hours of

Jul 25, 2014, 8:19 AM

I agree with you on this one OR ;)

For relaxing times, make it Suntory time

Here's what we do know about the game....

Jul 25, 2014, 8:49 AM

Sure, both teams have unknowns. But I'd tilt that in our favor. They're bringing back a 60% passer in Hutson Mason (5 TD's, 3 INTs). He doesn't wow folks, atleast not me. And they had two WRs go over 500 yards and 40+ receptions. (Third leading guy had just 30 catches) Yawn.

Sure they'll try a ground and pound with Gurley. But good luck. Our DLine only got better as the year progressed. Plus ThUGA runs a pro style O which actually benefits us (follow me on this one). Teams that spread it out and have a mobile QB tend to be more of a problem than Pro style. The heat won't matter as we're deep up front. Take away a long run or two last year and we did ok against them last year. Scar thought they'd run it down our throat but we held Davis to around 30 yards. Try and run it. Go ahead. Put yourself in third and long passing situations.

The mutt D was awful last year. 79th out of 125 in scoring D. It's pretty much the same group of floppers minus those suspended and gone from the program. Dude, they lost TO VANDERBILT! Further, it took two OTs for them to beat GT. How does that happen?! Ya know what GT does ahead of time! That D ain't shutting anyone down.

And they aren't going to beat you with special teams. Marginal punt returns (3.3 avg) and zero special teams TDs. And theres always a chance a kicker could get a BUI. (See last year)

We've got the better D. We're begging you to give a healthy dose of girly and get into 3rd and long. Their D is woeful and ya know we'll score. Plus the summer arrest fiasco might not be over yet! I say Tigs win.

Re: Here's what we do know about the game....

Jul 25, 2014, 8:51 AM

Look.., don't come into my thread and post intelligent replies. It makes my in depth research look sketchy. Lol

Re: Here's what we do know about the game....

Jul 25, 2014, 9:17 AM [ in reply to Here's what we do know about the game.... ]

Yep! I think they will be surprised at what we bring to them this year (even without Sammy and Tajh).

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Flawed logic

Jul 25, 2014, 10:19 AM [ in reply to Here's what we do know about the game.... ]

Take away a long run or two last year and we did ok against them last year.

--you can't "take away" certain plays or stats that don't fit your reasoning. Were those long runs just flukes?

Scar thought they'd run it down our throat but we held Davis to around 30 yards.

-- and Connor Shaw ran for almost 100 yards on designed runs.

Try and run it. Go ahead. Put yourself in third and long passing situations.

--UGA has some very talented receivers. Matson is inexperienced but playing at home advantage UGA.

Going to be a fun game to watch and I suspect it will be another 3pt game either way.

Flawed logic: Sec homer surprised I'm picking Clemson

Jul 25, 2014, 11:59 AM

As I said, our D got better as the year progressed. Those long runs I spoke of disappeared towards the end of the season. And Mason is no Shaw. He won't be running or running a spread. Its a line up and run pro style which will be easier to cover than a spread O.

If ThUGA has some talented WRs, I haven't seen em. Perhaps they play for Auburn or Louisville now. I would think a genuinely talented WR would be utilized and have perhaps 50 - 60 receptions. That wasn't the case. And how are they going to deliver it to these "talented" receivers with a 60% completion guy? Heck he struggled against GT. Couldn't even beat Nebraska and had plenty of bowl practice time to fine tune those non existent skills. Troll on homer... enjoy your Finebaum book..

Re: After countless exhausting hours of

Jul 25, 2014, 9:27 AM

What I want to know is - since you turned over every rock - did you turn over THE ROCK that belongs back in DV?

Replies: 7
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic