Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Tell em Stoops. Seems every nonconference game
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 17
| visibility 3,546

Tell em Stoops. Seems every nonconference game

Jul 23, 2014, 4:55 PM

the SEC loses is because they couldn't get up for it, didn't want to be there etc. Same excuse Florida used when Louisville ran them off the field in the Sugar Bowl.

http://t.sports.msn.com/college-football/bob-stoops-calls-nick-sabans-sugar-bowl-comment-an-excuse

LSU wanted to use it. Auburn just didn't want to keep their 17 game winning streak alive and defend their national title in Clemson that day. Georgia probably had no desire to win the season opener that year. Number six Tennessee really didn't want to win an 11th game and climb into the top-5 in 2003 bowl.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I love how Stoops is trolling that league right now.***

Jul 23, 2014, 4:56 PM

Re: I love how Stoops is trolling that league right now.***

Jul 23, 2014, 5:08 PM

It has got to get to the coaches at schools outside of the SEC . They have to field questions about trying to compete at an "SEC" level , about trying to steal a kid away from the SEC or about how once you beat them it was the sun in their eye or they had lost focus and you caught them at their worst.
Its dumb.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

And Florida lost to GA Southern because they cheated!

Jul 23, 2014, 5:19 PM

GASU didn't throw the ball during the game. Illegal!!!

~JKB

Re: Tell em Stoops. Seems every nonconference game

Jul 23, 2014, 5:29 PM

So the SEC is the Serena Williams of CFB? They find it impossible to allow themselves to admit that somebody outside their conference just kicked their butts.

The Sorry Excuse Conference just got labeled.

Jul 23, 2014, 5:33 PM

"They said 'the SEC this, the SEC that,' " Stoops said. "I said, 'You talk like all 14 teams are this, that and the other thing.' I said, 'You have to give credit to the first one or two that have won the national championship, but don't act like they're all doing that.'

God I love Big Game Bob!!!

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The beauty of it is that he started it last summer and then

Jul 23, 2014, 6:05 PM

Backed it up against Sabans "unmotivated " team.

Jul 24, 2014, 10:02 AM [ in reply to Re: Tell em Stoops. Seems every nonconference game ]

Oh that's good ... I love Serena but you've said it well ... and to equate the SEC with Serena ... wonderful!!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 24, 2014, 10:02 AM

Anybody hear Packer yesterday? Was going nuts about Saban's comments.

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Paul Finebaum sounds really butthurt over Stoops comments

Jul 23, 2014, 6:01 PM

Did an Oklahoma fan step on his Houndstooth hat?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Consider me a Stoops fan, I love the truth in his comments

Jul 23, 2014, 6:03 PM

I'm gonna send him a pound cake.

I believe Stoops sent Venabales to us, to help knock down...

Jul 23, 2014, 8:17 PM

the $EC a few notches. Stoops has always been very vocal on how overrated the $EC. And he ran coaching circles around Nick $aban in the Sugar Bowl.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 23, 2014, 8:27 PM

Had a bama and coot fan try to tell me - this past week - that we beat LSU because they weren't up for the game. So when MIngo busted through the line on the second play of the game and knocked Sammy out of the game, and their idiot fans w Mardi Gras beads went crazy and their entire sideline was jumping up and down beating their chest and high fiving, and they went on and built an 11 point lead well into the fourth quarter, THEN they decided it wasn't a big deal and just got let up.

Jul 23, 2014, 9:52 PM

I , like many on here was at that Chick Fil A bowl against LSU . Unequivocally I can say that both of those teams left it out there , and from my perspective as a long time Clemson fanatic , it is top 5 finishes of any Clemson game I have ever seen in person or on tv.
LSU played as hard as they could play , and failed. It happens.

DB23

Jul 24, 2014, 10:07 AM

Who buys tickets to a bowl game they could care less about?

Jul 24, 2014, 10:12 AM

Should the SEC just forego its bowl tie-ins in lieu of their rep in the 4 team playoffs ?
I mean , why not just let the poor downtrodden others feast on the scrap bowls while the SEC weaklings stay home and get ready for the upcoming season ?
Certainly you wouldn't want the bowl games to go to teams who didnt want to play in them ...would you ?

DB23

Jul 24, 2014, 10:07 AM [ in reply to Re: Tell em Stoops. Seems every nonconference game ]

As the 4th quarter played through it was obvious that Clemson was the better team ... or stated otherwise, it was obvious that were the game to last long enough, Clemson would win. It was a wonderful thing to behold.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It never ceases to amaze me how often players and coaches

Jul 24, 2014, 8:52 AM

think "we didn't want to be there" is a viable excuse.

If you can't get up for a BCS bowl, your team lacks character. If you lose a game because you lack character, you still lost the game. Heck, I'd rather say that we lost a game because the other team was more talented or better coached.

null

Replies: 17
| visibility 3,546
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic