Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
ND full football member scenarios...
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 3
| visibility 480

ND full football member scenarios...

Jul 23, 2014, 9:18 AM

Let's say for ____ and giggles that Notre Dame starts seeing the value of playing for an ACC conference championship or they (football) are forced to join a conference based on Power 5 requirements. How would you like the conference to be divided?

3 Pods
North - LOU, PITT, BC, SYR, ND
Central - NCSt, UNC, DUKE, VT, VA
South - MIA, FSU, GT, CLEM, WF
With each team playing a rotating schedule of 2 teams from every other division for a total of 8 conference games a season. The two highest conference record teams would play in the championship game. Tie breaker based on highest ranking.

4 Pods Adding a 16th team like Cincinnati or West Virginia
North - SYR, BC, PITT, CINN/WVU
East - NCSt, UNC, DUKE, WF
Central - VT, VA, LOU, ND
South - MIA, FSU, GT, CLEM
With each team playing a rotating schedule of 5 teams from the other divisions for a total of 8 conference games a season. The two highest conference record teams would play in the championship game. Tie breaker based on highest ranking.

No permanent crossover games.

Thoughts?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: ND full football member scenarios...

Jul 23, 2014, 9:41 AM

The schedules are too uneven in those scenarios. I don't think an odd number of teams works out for anyone. The 4 pod system can work but you would be better pairing the pods up each season. This would give you two divisions and a non rematch championship. Each year your rotate your pairing and every team would play all ACC teams once every 3 years.

null

Jul 23, 2014, 10:00 AM

If Notre Dame ever joins as a full member another team will be added, but I seriously doubt that it would be Cin. or WVU. Their academics are horrible, and with the addition of ND, there would less pressure to select a football school. If it ever happens, I'd like to see the ACC take Navy.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 23, 2014, 10:20 AM

only way it happens if all 5 conference champion get in the playoffs and 3 at large. They would have a tough time getting in then. With only 3 spots open for them and gotta assume 2 go to the SEC so really on 2 spots.

Replies: 3
| visibility 480
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic