Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
FB Update: Morris says Deshaun Watson will play against Georgia
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 36
| visibility 1

FB Update: Morris says Deshaun Watson will play against Georgia

Jul 15, 2014, 6:19 PM

Morris says Deshaun Watson will play against Georgia

Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

That'll be interesting to watch. I can't wait to see how he

Jul 15, 2014, 6:22 PM

looks running the ball against college defenders. He has deceptive speed, kinda like Cam Newton, where it doesn't look like he's running fast but he covers some ground in a hurry. Not as big obviously.

Re: That'll be interesting to watch. I can't wait to see how he

Jul 15, 2014, 6:27 PM

Terrelle Pryor was that way. Looked like he was cruising but pulled away from almost all db's

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Wish the Tigers could RS Watson, but

Jul 15, 2014, 6:27 PM

Kelley's departure moved Watson up the ladder and it sure sounds like he's got the skills already to figure into the game plan.

And, of course, this day and age, a coach really never knows how long he'll have a really talented player on campus

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

y'all are missing the point

Jul 15, 2014, 6:37 PM

It doesn't matter about Stanford QB, or Chad Kelly, or Stoudt, or anyone else. He is not going to redshirt nor was he ever considered for a red shirt. He is that good and will be special…….This is a good thing.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Exactly, he was always going to be just a 3 or 4 yr player

Jul 16, 2014, 12:25 PM

So, the RS doesnt even matter. He was NEVER going to stay for all 5yrs.

We are likely to only get 3 years out of Watson anyway

Jul 15, 2014, 6:42 PM [ in reply to Wish the Tigers could RS Watson, but ]

considering his talent whether he red-shirted or not... may as well get some game time in year 1.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

^^^This***

Jul 15, 2014, 8:47 PM

A QB would have to be one of the 20 best all time NCAA

Jul 16, 2014, 12:25 PM [ in reply to We are likely to only get 3 years out of Watson anyway ]

QB's to leave NCAA football just 3 years removed from HS.

What about the QB Transfer from Stanford?******

Jul 15, 2014, 6:31 PM

2024 free_orange level membermilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Our country won't go on forever, if we stay soft as we are now. There won't be any America because some foreign soldiery will invade us and take our women and breed a hardier race.

~Chesty Puller
Lt.General United States Marine Corps

The one that played in one game in 4 years at Stanford and

Jul 15, 2014, 6:58 PM

never threw a single pass?

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

Re: What about the QB Transfer from Stanford?******

Jul 15, 2014, 8:19 PM [ in reply to What about the QB Transfer from Stanford?****** ]

The QB from Stanford is a reserve QB. Not to disrespect him but he's pretty much for emergencies.

I thought they brought him in to run the scout team***

Jul 16, 2014, 4:50 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: FB Update: Morris says Deshaun Watson will play against Georgia

Jul 15, 2014, 6:46 PM

I like it....give UGA more to prepare for.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: FB Update: Morris says Deshaun Watson will play against Georgia***

Jul 15, 2014, 6:56 PM

Jul 15, 2014, 11:40 PM [ in reply to Re: FB Update: Morris says Deshaun Watson will play against Georgia ]

yep very true. let them worry a little

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 15, 2014, 7:08 PM

who is surprised?

#1 QB
Enrolled in Jan.

I figured he would be the starter by FSU game.

Line isn't the best yet...need his legs

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 16, 2014, 10:00 AM

If Stoudt is healthy, Stoudt will start all season... he knows the O, Watson is learning the O and still needs to adjust to the speed of the game......
If our D is as good as I hope it is... the O will have plenty of possessions, if the O is as good as last years.... Watson will get his chances in every game. I think they learned with Tahj and some of the OL last year, 80+ snaps a game is too much for any position! By the end of the season.. they are losing their legs.

This is what I used to think

Jul 16, 2014, 9:57 PM

I have heard he has run this offense since he was 14. The coaches say he has an uncanny knowledge of the offense. I think he is mentally ready to run this offense now. Which I would not have believed to be true 6 months ago.

Morris is playing with the Dawg Coaches..now they don't know

Jul 15, 2014, 7:11 PM

which QB will really start..or when Watson "will" come in to play. LOVE iT! Make em have to be ready to play two very good Clemson QB's!!!!

GoTiGERS!

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

AND...Morris is stating TiGERs going "ALL IN" to WIN! ***

Jul 15, 2014, 7:14 PM

GoTiGERS!

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Chad said Watson will play at Georgia, not Athens. @GT? :-)***

Jul 15, 2014, 7:16 PM

Re: Chad said Watson will play at Georgia, not Athens. @GT? :-)***

Jul 16, 2014, 10:10 AM

Interesting take on that Razz. I didn't get that out of Chad's comments, at all, but I'm no psyco-analyst. I took it that Watson will get playing time at UGA, as well as the other games. That is assuming he stays healthy, and I hope he does. The good news is we are in a pretty good situation with QB's. We have Cole who has shown that he is capable based on his appearances in the past, Watson, who obviously has turned in performances in practice that give the appearance that he can get the job done, Scheusler, who has looked pretty good to me in the Spring games, etc., and the transfer from Stanford whom I don't remember having seen, yet, but my guess is he is pretty good and very smart. What am I missing?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I was joking... hence the smiley face.

Sep 14, 2023, 8:21 PM

I don't know whether Watson will really play against UGA or if that's just something Morris said to make UGA spread their preparations thinner. Win or lose (especially win) nobody is going to hold Morris's feet to the fire if we Watson doesn't play, and there are 50 good excuses that Morris could make if he doesn't play Watson against UGA.

Barring injury, and IF the OL can provide protection, and IF the OL/RBs can provide a run-game, I think Stoudt is going to do very well next season. I'd love to see Stoudt provide such great performance that they could just redshirt Watson. Lots of stellar athletes redshirt-- especially when they need some more bulk (like Watson) and especially when they play QB (like Watson). I'd hate to see Watson at higher risk of injury due to his weight and inexperience, leading to a Willy-Korn-type career-crushing injury. Then again, maybe he's telling the coaches that he will be EXTREMELY unhappy if he has to redshirt. I don't know.

Everybody says that Watson will only be here 3 years but who knows what could happen? Heck, Matt Barkley and Andrew Luck forwent certain 1st-round draft picks to come back for their senior seasons. And Watson hasn't played a down of D1 football so he may not really be The Second Coming of Jameis. :)

Re: I was joking... hence the smiley face.

Jul 16, 2014, 10:35 PM

Korn was garbage from Day 1. He couldn't even read defenses at Byrnes!

Jul 17, 2014, 9:38 AM

I wouldn't call him garbage, but he didn't live up to his billing.

Jul 17, 2014, 9:37 AM [ in reply to I was joking... hence the smiley face. ]

Sorry I missed the "smiley face". I don't disagree with most of your post, and there are a number of things that might keep Watson off the field. I would put my money on what Chad said, barring injury to Watson, that he plays in the UGA game, and the rest of them, too. We all wait to see just how good he turns out to be. Time will tell it all.

Nothing short of a very wise decision.

Jul 15, 2014, 11:12 PM

He was never going to RS. #2 on the chart and ( the proverbial ) he is one play away from being the man. Don't know but I think no matter CS plays he will be worked in regularly to gain experience against some #1 D's.

Re: Nothing short of a very wise decision.

Jul 16, 2014, 10:03 AM

Yes the experience will pay big dividends next year.
One of our ex coaches said it was difficult to get 2 QBs ready to play... i thought, you have to have 2 QBs ready to play! :( What do you do if one gets hurt.
If our D can get the opponent off the field with a good number of 3 and outs... our O will get a lot of possessions!

Re: Nothing short of a very wise decision.

Jul 16, 2014, 10:37 AM

When you have a Sr. starting it is so important to get quality snaps for the younger backup .. who is your future. By the time you get into the middle of your conference schedule I see him coming in (something like) every third series ... production from that point will dictate how much he plays.

DL for CU is going to be tough this year.

If Stoudt plays well & close game (likely) Watson won't play***

Jul 16, 2014, 11:32 AM [ in reply to Nothing short of a very wise decision. ]

I knew this would get out sooner or later...***

Jul 16, 2014, 11:59 AM

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Morris has been saying this all along, this isn't breaking

Jul 16, 2014, 12:29 PM

news. Cole was always going to be the starter and Kelly/Watson were always going to get a drive or two per game, more if they really performed well or Cole didnt.

Recruiting Promise - hope Watson bulks up a lot!

Jul 16, 2014, 3:46 PM

Morris did not know he would be injured in 2 of his last 3 outings in live tackling - last game in hs and then 1 of two live practices in spring. I am sure they have him working hard in weight room and with gaining weight with good nutrition(Tigers have one of best nutritionists there is, thankfully). Otherwise, Morris should break his promise so Watson will not break any bones!

Re: Recruiting Promise - hope Watson bulks up a lot!

Jul 16, 2014, 9:55 PM

he's put on 22 pounds of muscle since he enrolled.

Consider this.......

Jul 16, 2014, 10:02 PM

Dabo isn't stupid. First we had the "three way competition".........now ever since We exercised ourselves of a train wreck, We keep hearing DeShaun will definitely play.......and early..

I'm not sayin he won't BUT.... Isn't it brilliant on Dabo's part to talk it up? Gives the Dawgs two completely different offenses to prepare for all summer long. You look for any edge you can, right?

Seems like a good idea to me.

Re: Consider this.......

Jul 16, 2014, 10:07 PM

That's why we exercise.

badge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Replies: 36
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic