Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Plyler's Blog: Running Game
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 6
| visibility 1

Plyler's Blog: Running Game

Jul 14, 2014, 9:53 AM

Running Game

Running Game
Recently I wrote a blog about the personnel at running back and who may have the best chance to fill the void left by Roderick McDowell
flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Plyler's Blog: Running Game- rushing yds up

Jul 14, 2014, 10:07 AM

which is good but our key is getting the tough short yardage to keep the ball away from the opponent. 3rd and one or two have been a problem at times but we seemed to be getting better with that. that is key- you've got to be able to get a yard or two when the D loads up to stop you.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Hopefully Fleming will take the place of Boyd in short yd.

Jul 14, 2014, 11:03 AM

situations? He is big and looked good in Spring Game.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The coaches never mention him ... at all.

Jul 15, 2014, 6:17 PM

... He's big, and he's pretty fast, but if he doesn't become a topic of conversation fairly early in fall camp, don't count on seeing him on the field this year. Especially not carrying the ball in critical short yardage situations.

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Two reason we were better in short yardage recently...

Jul 15, 2014, 6:20 PM [ in reply to Re: Plyler's Blog: Running Game- rushing yds up ]

1. Tajh
2. Boyd

He's gone, so it will be interesting to see.

Re: Two reason we were better in short yardage recently...

Jul 15, 2014, 9:33 PM

Yes sir ree, and I really don't see our staff NOT getting Fleming ready regardless of his right now situation. We have to have that 220 plus pound guy to hit the middle strong if only to make two yards, we have to have that in order to keep the chains moving. It will have to be Flemming or a DJ Reader, its got to be a heavy weight. Like you said, our QB Tajh and short yardage fullback in Boyd is gone. Somebody, anybody has to get those yards for us, period. Tajh Boyd made more short yardage first downs last year than anybody on our team did in last years offense I do believe without looking at the stats....

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Run the ball

Jul 16, 2014, 11:41 AM

Running the ball and keeping the other teams defense on the field for as long as possible is huge. Especially if our defense is getting stops. The SCar game two years ago was miserable....we hardly touched the ball the second half because of turnovers and tons of 3rd down conversions by them. It was hard to watch

Running the ball is where you enforce your will on the other team and there is nothing they can do about it...that is where we are headed the next few seasons i believe. Especially with the big offensive linemen we are recruiting

Replies: 6
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic