Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Football Recruiting Update: Clemson ranked #2 in offer-based recruiting rankings
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 3
| visibility 1

Football Recruiting Update: Clemson ranked #2 in offer-based recruiting rankings

Jun 9, 2014, 1:18 PM

Clemson ranked #2 in offer-based recruiting rankings

Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

How do they know?? Who gives them the info??

Jun 9, 2014, 1:31 PM

This is a good system in theory ... but

How do the rankbyoffers.com writers know for sure which schools have actually tendered serious offers to which high school recruits?

I didn't think that colleges themselves were permitted by the NCAA to comment on who they had made offers to. Is that a correct assumption?

If it is and schools can't confirm or deny that they've made a serious offer to a player, then isn't it just the players themselves or their high school coaches, or their parents, buddies, etc. giving out the information.

How does rankbyoffers.com know that the reported offer by Alabama, Florida, FSU is legit or just wishful thinking and perhaps a figment of the player's imagination.

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You're exactly right. All the services would love to begin

Jun 9, 2014, 1:37 PM

their evaluations based off of offers, but they have to rely on the recruits or high schools to list the offers. I had a conversation about this with a former recruiting guru. Kids naturally want to boast their prestige and claims offers that aren't there. Conversely, there are some kids who are low-key or ignorant and don't list all their offers. Some kids mistake contact and mail as commitable offers.

In addition, some kids may not get an offer based of off geography and perception of interest. If Boise State didn't offer Albert Huggins, it isn't because they wouldn't be interested but simply a realization that it would not be worth the postage they'd waste.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather did, in his sleep -- not screaming, like the passengers in his car."

"I don't suffer from insanity. I enjoy every minute of it."

I wonder if Nicki's getting nervous...?***

Jun 9, 2014, 1:39 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 3
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic