Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
New Story: Clemson's Bamberg DE pipeline continues with Davis commitment
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 11
| visibility 4,312

New Story: Clemson's Bamberg DE pipeline continues with Davis commitment

May 31, 2014, 11:10 AM

Clemson's Bamberg DE pipeline continues with Davis commitment

LaSamuel Davis has been a Clemson fan his entire life, and Saturday morning his dream to become a Tiger came true when he announced his commitment.
Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

2 in 2 days. good work!***

May 31, 2014, 11:15 AM

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: That's the kind that we want. He always wanted to be a

May 31, 2014, 11:19 AM

tiger.

Re: That's the kind that we want. He always wanted to be a

May 31, 2014, 11:22 AM

Shows good judgment as well as athletic ability! Welcome to the family!

Re: New Story: Clemson's Bamberg DE pipeline continues with Davis commitment

May 31, 2014, 12:34 PM

Welcome aboard. Hope your career is as great as the other Bamberg DE's that played at Clemson.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Didn't see any...

May 31, 2014, 3:06 PM

highlight reels on youtube.

Anybody?

Hope he works out

May 31, 2014, 5:13 PM

but he is a project. He will likely not see the field for but clearly, he is 3 years out before he contributes as he is WAY undersized. Great first step and seems to play hard, which is a big plus, but he is too thin for the level Clemson plays at. I'm sure he is a great young man and hope he will work out but given our depth/roster situation, I'm less enthralled with this take.

I hope we continue to recruit HARD for some guys that can contribute sooner as we are weak at DE and need a thoroughbred. DE is easily the biggest single weakness in our recruiting for many years now; need to land an impact player.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgtbn_110.gif flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Hope he works out

May 31, 2014, 10:38 PM

kinda agree, but it seems the trend is to get away from the 265 pound DE's into the smaller tweeners.

he's probably a guy who's gonna max out at 230 - 240 pounds and if he can move his hips well enough, get a look at at outside LB

either way, never wanna turn down an athlete who can always help special teams

Well maybe

Jun 1, 2014, 12:01 PM

We have limited scholarships and you can't burn any of them for a special teams player. I hope this kid turns into the next great DE but he clearly is a project, not an impact player. It will take him several years to get to 235-245, which he must be to play DE. We don't need more LB's, we have too many in my view anyway and they are all likely more suited for LB than Davis.

We are recruiting at an elite level and this seems to indicate we are not going to get a highly rated, more physically ready DE in this cycle, which concerns me. We have a bunch of DE's graduating with not much depth. I frankly don't understand why we can't seem to get a more field ready player as we have outstanding coaches (DC and position), have a real need at DE and yet, this is about the fifth year in a row with no prime player at this key position. It's just weird and troubling.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgtbn_110.gif flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Beasley's doing an okay job at DE at only 225.

Jun 1, 2014, 1:34 PM

Not sure I feel as dire about the staff not landing a couple more elite DE's in this class. There's a bunch of non-commits out there who are going to see a top notch D in action this year with a bunch of spots opening up quickly behind, i.e. early playing time. There's a lot of room in this class still. The coaches obviously see something in Davis they like.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Vic is 6'2" and 236 lbs

Jun 1, 2014, 2:28 PM

Davis is the same size as one of our Safety recruits.

I hope you're right; all I'm saying is we need to land at lease one of the best DE recruits and we aren't in the mix for some of the better ones left, unless you count Huggins, who is more of a 3-tech DT.

It just doesn't make sense to me as we have everything in place to produce NFL DE's yet can't seem to convince them to come. We've been second place on way too many of them in recent years. Could you imagine our Def with Lawson, RN, Clowney, etc??? Hopefully we find a way to lure a stud to Tigertown in Feb.

Re: New Story: Clemson's Bamberg DE pipeline continues with Davis commitment

Jun 1, 2014, 10:38 AM

Glad to see him commit ! Lots of hard work ahead to get him ready. Needs to bulk up size wise and he will contribute probably sophomore year. Work hard and glad to have you as a Tiger !!!

Replies: 11
| visibility 4,312
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic