Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
BSB Update: Clemson in Nashville Regional
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 27
| visibility 1

BSB Update: Clemson in Nashville Regional

May 26, 2014, 12:24 PM

Clemson in Nashville Regional

Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: BSB Update: Clemson in Nashville Regional

May 26, 2014, 12:46 PM

A tough draw. V'bilt was very close to being a top 8. Any regional would be tough for us this year.
Oregon St was last team in a few years ago and won it all.
We've got a good 1/2 punch at the top of our staff that is capable IF the bats could wake up!

oregon, not oregon state

May 26, 2014, 12:48 PM

but even so oregon was projected as a host most of the year

May 26, 2014, 12:55 PM [ in reply to Re: BSB Update: Clemson in Nashville Regional ]

It's oregon

May 26, 2014, 12:56 PM [ in reply to Re: BSB Update: Clemson in Nashville Regional ]

Doesn't matter how many tough teams we have in bracket, we have proven we can lose to bad teams and beat good ones. We would

May 26, 2014, 12:58 PM

Play better teams eventually. Just need to play better overall. I have faith and will be pulling for my Tigers!

May 26, 2014, 12:47 PM

What's our odds here?

May 26, 2014, 12:57 PM

THANK YOU,THANK YOU selection committee for not sending us to columbia to be humilated!

First, give thanks for making the cut....

May 26, 2014, 1:40 PM

...I wasn't 100% sure that we would still be playing any baseball after the ACC Tournament.

Although I will admit being more than biased (maybe a bit dilusional) I dream for the day when Clemson dominates the coots again. It will happen one day, hopefully sooner than later. It will begin with the underdog (Tigers) taking those nasty birds (that eat where they poop) to the woodshed when everyone is predicting otherwise. That day will come. For that reason, I look forward to the Tigers playing USC again. We need players that are not afraid of any team and live for the opportunity to make Clemson sports history that we want to remember again and again.

May 26, 2014, 12:58 PM [ in reply to Re: BSB Update: Clemson in Nashville Regional ]

50/50 at the very best!!! By you asking about our chances though, tells me that you haven't seen our team play much this season. They can really stink the field up from one batter to the next, at bat or in the field!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 26, 2014, 1:04 PM

I've watched them suck it up plenty this year. I'm just not familiar with the other teams. Not much of a baseball guy outside of our boys. I'd like to see our team with a different skipper at the helm that's for sure.

Honest Answer

May 26, 2014, 1:22 PM [ in reply to Re: BSB Update: Clemson in Nashville Regional ]

I'd give us about a 1 in 4 chance of winning.
I'd give Oregon about a 1 in 4 chance
I'd give Vandy about a 1 in 2 chance

The winner of our game with Oregon moves up to about 3 in 8.
If Xavier beats Vandy somehow, then everybody else picks up 1 in 8 off of Vandy and the Clemson-Oregon winner would be 1 in 2 as a result.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 26, 2014, 2:11 PM [ in reply to Re: BSB Update: Clemson in Nashville Regional ]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KX5jNnDMfxA

May 26, 2014, 9:33 PM [ in reply to Re: BSB Update: Clemson in Nashville Regional ]

I would say 1 in 4 chance of advancing! Lol Seriously, it will be tough but that's why they play the games.

I see the baseball gods have smiled on us twice

May 26, 2014, 1:40 PM

First by picking us at all, and second by not sending the team to Columbia, Leggett's personal Waterloo.

Us getting in was a huge favor based on name recognition...

May 26, 2014, 1:46 PM

don't think we will do much, given that Vandy and Oregon are two teams with a pulse and Xavier looks like 1 of those 'any given day, we could stink it up against them' teams. guess we will see how it pans out.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Another FWIW

May 26, 2014, 3:29 PM

You guys are in a tough bracket but I wouldn't be surprised if you made it out. I'm glad they didn't pair us together bc you guys have the team to make a run. Who w

Re: Another FWIW

May 26, 2014, 3:30 PM

Who would want to face Gosset and Crownover? Nobody.

We won't win the regional but Gossett and Crownover

May 26, 2014, 5:00 PM

are capable of spoiling it for someone else.

For the Jack haters...

May 26, 2014, 8:35 PM

"Clemson was selected for the NCAA Baseball Tournament for the 39th time, fifth most in Division I college baseball history, on Monday afternoon."

Let me repeat.. 5th most in Div. 1 history.

Jack is getting better, not worse. Clemson is a perennial power in NCAA Baseball because of Jack, not despite him. We have up years and we have down years.

Jack Leggett will be enshrined in the Hall of Fame. He's pretty much the man. Under Jack we've been to the CWS 6 times, and in the tourney 19 times (in his 20 years). This is a guy you hope you can keep... not someone you try to replace.

Finally, an apology: I saw an article on Shakin the Southland that made a case for Jack's removal. Idiots. If you are not in that camp, I apologize for the 20 seconds you wasted reading my post. If you are... you're an idiot.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: For the Jack haters...

May 26, 2014, 8:38 PM

what a complete and total crock of U know what!!!!! our once proud program is on a steady downhill slide and has been for years!!removing Jack is the first step in a return to where we should have never left!

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Hard to argue with the intelligent points you made.

May 26, 2014, 8:48 PM

Also, all those exclamation points are convincing.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 27, 2014, 2:33 PM [ in reply to Re: For the Jack haters... ]

Don't let facts get in your way

Not sure if serious...***

May 27, 2014, 9:41 AM [ in reply to For the Jack haters... ]

But where is the hardware?***

May 27, 2014, 9:43 AM [ in reply to For the Jack haters... ]

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: But where is the hardware?***

May 27, 2014, 1:39 PM

I fully agree that Jack Leggett is as good as it gets. Now I don't wear BRUT 33 to the games like some of the old timers because that is what "Ole Coach Wilhelm' wore, nor did I pine for Danny Ford to come back every night.

Any TRUE college fans realize how cyclical it is. Texas baseball, ND Football, Miami Football, etc. Clemson is viewed as a baseball powerhouse across the nation. NOBODY stays on top for a decade. Before too long the Gamecocks will be wondering 'what has happened'...and clamoring for a change.

This is not the NFL or NBA where you can address personnel needs immediately by opening your checkbook. College baseball has the toughest job with the draft taking not only your signees but also unplanned departures from team members. Is there another team that has been a regional 19 of the last 20 years? Could be, but there are not many if any.

If you have a coach that has you 'in the mix' at the end of the season every year you better hang on to him. To the experts who run the hardware stores and sell insurance, you may be wise to look at the whole picture.

May 27, 2014, 12:51 PM [ in reply to For the Jack haters... ]

Shakin' the Southland is written by an bitter LSU PhD.

I like Jack, but to say the program is trending up isn't very intelligent.

Nashville is a nice city ...

May 26, 2014, 9:01 PM

Its good they get a chance to prove themselves ... hope the Lads do well

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 27
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic