Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Just did a quick review of box scores and KJ McDaniels ....
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 13
| visibility 1,407

Just did a quick review of box scores and KJ McDaniels ....

Apr 24, 2014, 11:57 PM

- When we had "balanced" scoring among the team, we mostly won

- When it was the "KJ McDaniels show", he did most of the scoring, everybody else just kind of stood around and watched and contributed very little ie <10 points a man except for KJ ... we LOST

- If we had three guys who scored double figures, we almost always won

Thus, IMHO, if Coach B can get at least three guys to put the ball in the basket enough so that these guys total >= 10 points a student-athlete... we will win the game, again, based on my very scientific statistical analysis ... its a numbers game !

THUS ! I don't think we will miss KJ THAT MUCH next season, we have guys on the team NOW that can consistently score in double figures ... and without KJ as the "crutch", they will have the opportunity to do so with extreme regularity ...

I am EXTREMELY optimistic !

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Just did a quick review of box scores and KJ McDaniels ....

Apr 25, 2014, 12:06 AM

His defense and shotblocking ability will be sorely missed!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 25, 2014, 12:22 AM

sounds like the Will Solomon complex. ;)

there is no denying his play around the rim though, put backs and blocks. 5 point swing per game, he will be missed. :(

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I agree...I think our half-court offense can improve

Apr 25, 2014, 1:11 AM

next year. KJ wasn't a particularly high percentage shooter, and he wasn't very good at setting up his teammates for a good shot. Amazingly, KJ never had more than 4 assists in a game in his entire career.

KJ will sorely be missed on the defensive end, as a rebounder, and in creating transition offense though. His athleticism is what made him special, and he was able to create a lot of turnovers and extra opportunities for our team. I don't think we have anyone on the team that can fill that void, so we'll need better offense next year.

Amazing analysis

Apr 25, 2014, 6:48 AM

So you're telling me when more players scored more points, we tended to be more successful? Who could have imagined.

Yes, thank you for the complement

Apr 25, 2014, 9:24 AM

Yes. analysis shows that when you have multiple guys score double figures during a game, you usually win. I got a "C" in "Stats" back in the day.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nice analysis. The next question is how did the offense

Apr 25, 2014, 6:52 AM

perform with KJ on the bench, because that's a window into next year.

Then, what can improve or change it? The reality is that we were NCAA-bound with KJ, without him it will be similar to this year - a slow start and strong finish.
We still need consistent offensive contributors.

Brownell clearly excels at developing players, and this lets him tell recruits he can get them to the NBA, so the biggest payoff will come over the next 2 years on the recruiting trail.

Yep, in our best wins, the tees was

Apr 25, 2014, 7:00 AM

KJ putting up between 10-15, Rod breaking 10, and then a 3rd guy (from the best of my memory typically Harrison or Roper), and then have Nnoko put up 7 or so. If we get continued production from Rod, and get Roper & Harrison to be constant, we should be okay. Landry is improving. The sky's the limit on Ajukwa. I'm excited to see Patrick Rooks play because I've heard he's a great shooter. All in all, play like a team and we're at least in the conversation about going to the Big Dance.

We'll miss his D much more than his offense...

Apr 25, 2014, 7:23 AM

His ability to peel off and deny shots kept us in many games ... especially when the offense went into one of its 6-minute funks.

Gratham and DeVoe will provide points to replace KJ's output, and I anticipate Nnoko averaging double figures next year. Can the team defense absorb KJ's individual talent ... that's a larger question.

badge-donor-20yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-revdodd.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

My thoughts exactly. He covered a lot of mistakes

Apr 25, 2014, 7:45 AM

I think we'll get good offense from Ajukwa and Grantham at the 3. Need Nnoko to take those next steps and really build on this past year offensively and defensively where he was a force the last 2 months. He still gives us a rim protector, but KJ was special in that regard

Yes, I think we will all miss KJ's D***

Apr 25, 2014, 9:21 AM [ in reply to We'll miss his D much more than his offense... ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

Huh? When have you seen

Apr 25, 2014, 9:23 AM

KJ's D?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aspiring member of the TigerNet Sewer Dwellers

Exactly.

Apr 25, 2014, 9:30 AM

Parading around the forums here with his "what if" banter like it isn't obvious of his cootish affiliations.

I bet he watched a few brief moments of Clemson basketball this season & became so excited so quickly he was smoking a cigarette & passed out by the time KJ got his 3rd block.

With all the D KJ had waving around, he probably had to buy his momma 3 couches.

Apr 25, 2014, 8:06 AM

What would be even better is if we replace KJ with another of his talent along with a couple more. That is what it will take for us to be a real factor and a Final 4 type team, IMO. We don't have the numbers, yet.

Replies: 13
| visibility 1,407
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic