Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Chaplain Trapp
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 13
| visibility 1,054

Chaplain Trapp

Apr 24, 2014, 11:12 AM

Does he have an M DIV? What denomination is his ordination with?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

good thing gramrkrzy is in the jersey

Apr 24, 2014, 11:21 AM

with is no way to end a sentence.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: good thing gramrkrzy is in the jersey

Apr 24, 2014, 11:37 AM

I so agree that with. ;)

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Does it really matter

Apr 24, 2014, 11:41 AM

whether he has a Master of Divinity degree or is "affilated" with a certain denomination? The man has committed his life to serving God and that's all I need to know.

"affiliated" ... no spell check. LOL***

Apr 24, 2014, 11:43 AM

Re: Does it really matter

Apr 24, 2014, 1:32 PM [ in reply to Does it really matter ]

Yes it does matter. If he has neither than it appears as if an unqualified ex player was hired. I am sure he is a Godly man,it just raises questions of appropriate boundaries.

Apr 24, 2014, 1:37 PM

> Yes it does matter. If he has neither than it
> appears as if an unqualified ex player was hired. I
> am sure he is a Godly man,it just raises questions of
> appropriate boundaries.

I was perusing the Bible, and I could not locate this requirement that you speak of? Could you refer me to the verse that say's which degrees the disciples held?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 24, 2014, 2:13 PM

If a person feels called ministry why would they not take that call serious enough to seek out education and training ? Chaplaincy is a noble calling whether it be military, hospital, or college. Those institutions set educational and ordination standards.

Apr 24, 2014, 2:34 PM

So you seem to be explicitly stating that the only way one would take a calling to ministry seriously would be to pursue an advanced degree in some field of ministry? I really think you are way off from the heart of the Gospel as well as the heart of Scripture regarding qualifications for official positions of ministry within God's called out community.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

St. Peter was ordained directly by Jesus I would think.

Apr 24, 2014, 2:23 PM [ in reply to Re: Does it really matter ]

"On this rock, I will build my Church, and the gates of hell will not prevail against it." That is pretty strong.....right?

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 24, 2014, 2:38 PM [ in reply to Re: Does it really matter ]

Physicians in that day did not have degree either. Things change . The disciples studied for 3 years at Jesus' feet, wouldn't you hope a minister would study also? Since Jesus
aisn't physicpally seminaries will have to suffice

Apr 24, 2014, 3:07 PM

Physicians need to study to deal with the technological, scientific, and linguistic demands, as well as the unfortunately legal consequences that could result from real or perceived failures in their work.

Ministers, while they certainly can benefit from extensive advanced degree work in related fields, are not dealing with the same types of advances and constraints.

Also, contemporary culture, because of our stringent view of educational requirements for professional work have created an unscriptural distinction in followers of Christ. The designations of clergy and laity are not found in scripture. They are a false distinction that has helped to create a gulf between the perceived "serious Christians" who hold offices such as pastor, elder, minister, chaplain, etc..., and the rest of us who are just the "normal Christians." Again this is unscriptural. If we want to talk about ministry leadership qualifications then we first need to look at 1 Peter 1:9 and realize that we are ALL priests of the Kingdom of God, the we can go to Timothy and Titus to look more closely at the qualifications for specific positions of Amorites within the Body of Christ.

But what do I know? I'm just an ex player without an mDiv or ordination...

Apr 24, 2014, 1:55 PM [ in reply to Re: Does it really matter ]

Are you sure your standards are consistent with governmental standards for designations of clergy? I'm sure they are not. I'm curious as to what your motive may be.

Tell 'em coot

Apr 24, 2014, 12:04 PM

smh

Replies: 13
| visibility 1,054
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic