Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
SEC leaning toward 8+1 schedule according to Saban
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 17
| visibility 1,407

SEC leaning toward 8+1 schedule according to Saban

Apr 24, 2014, 10:23 AM

Nick Saban says the other SEC teams are not buying into the 9 game scenario, and that 8+1 is gaining traction:

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/ncaaf-dr-saturday/according-to-nick-saban--there-s-not-much-support-for-a-nine-game-sec-schedule-173443886.html

If we assume we end up with a scheduling agreement between the SEC and ACC, my question to Clemson fans would be this: would you want to have 2 permanent SEC games - S Car AND Georgia - or only the 1 game (S Car) and leave it up to the schools to work out the 2nd P5 OOC game (which based on recent history may not happen very often)?

http://accfootballrx.blogspot.com/2014/04/sec-leaning-toward-81-model.html

Keep in mind that if the ACC also gets approval to go divisionless, Clemson could theoretically have years when the schedule looks like this: FSU, Miami, Ga Tech, Va Tech, Notre Dame, S Car, Georgia, 4 more ACC teams and 1 FCS or G5. THAT would be a tough schedule!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

fsu, daU, nd, scar & uga would be bueno...***

Apr 24, 2014, 10:27 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

In the event of such an agreement....

Apr 24, 2014, 10:29 AM

I would prefer to have the Capons as a permanent opponent and then play all of the other $EC teams on a rotating basis.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

This all comes down to giving up a home game and the...

Apr 24, 2014, 11:10 AM

money it generates every other year. I'm all about playing a good team but not if it hurts the purse.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

In the infamous words of Rick Flair "if ya gona be the man

Apr 24, 2014, 11:18 AM

Ya gota beat the man"

Bring it own or move to the FCS level

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Whooooo !!!!!***

Apr 24, 2014, 11:25 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Sit down and shut up...

Apr 24, 2014, 11:36 AM [ in reply to In the infamous words of Rick Flair "if ya gona be the man ]

cause you not coming home with me tonight!"

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-francismarion.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've played multiple sports and would bet any amount that I'm still more athletic than you at this present time...."

Well one thing's for sure....

Apr 24, 2014, 11:34 AM

I definitely wouldn't mind playing VT twice in a season again

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

SCU every year, then could we play an SEC allstar team...

Apr 24, 2014, 11:38 AM

or something. It takes up too much time to beat them one by one.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-francismarion.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've played multiple sports and would bet any amount that I'm still more athletic than you at this present time...."

I would love to see UGA become an anual rivalry game again***

Apr 24, 2014, 11:44 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We should play UGA the first game of the year every year.***

Apr 24, 2014, 11:49 AM

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I doubt Richt and Dabo share your predilection***

Apr 24, 2014, 1:29 PM

UGA every year and I don't have any questions about the

Apr 24, 2014, 2:07 PM

SOS.

In fact it is the only rival that has rivaled and at times surpasses our rivalry with the Coots. UNC nor GT hold a candle to this one played by teams on the opposite side of the Savannah River and only about 70 miles apart.

Go Tigers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Message was edited by: AThomas®

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'm against the 9th game, but that's not really the problem

Apr 24, 2014, 2:56 PM

The problem is the insistence on playing 2 cupcakes every year. It's absolutely not necessary and, outside of additional revenue for local business, it is indefensible that we do.

Players and fans aren't into those games and I don't buy the economic argument from an internal perspective, either, especially when you can charge more than twice as much for a home game against UGA as you can for SC State. I've written at length on here about scheduling, and I just don't buy the argument that two cupcakes is necessary.

Anyway, until we eliminate one of them for a real opponent, I'm against a 9th ACC game. We should get serious and have a big time OOC (not named scar) at home and on the road every season and cancel that second cupcake, then I'm all for a 9th conference game.

Rant over...for now.

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I'm against the 9th game, but that's not really the problem

Apr 24, 2014, 3:01 PM

Have to account for the every now and then ND game too.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Right...

Apr 24, 2014, 3:11 PM

You do have to count for ND, but you don't have to schedule home-and-homes back to back, so it's easy to work them into the schedule.

Now that I'm worked up about this, I'm going to

Apr 24, 2014, 3:08 PM [ in reply to I'm against the 9th game, but that's not really the problem ]

reply to my own post. How about this for future schedules (hypothetical, obviously). Drop one of those pay-out games and you get something like this:

HOME (7 GAMES)
4 ACC
Scar
Oklahoma State
Cupcake

AWAY (5 GAMES)
4 ACC
Georgia

HOME (6 GAMES)
4 ACC
Notre Dame
Cupcake

AWAY (6 GAMES)
4 ACC
Scar
Oklahoma State

HOME (7 GAMES)
4 ACC
Scar
Ole Miss
Cupcake

AWAY (5 GAMES)
4 ACC
Michigan

would love to play an SEC team in the years we dont have ND

Apr 24, 2014, 3:02 PM

Having ND is a built in boon to our scheduling. Means we have to find that extra big time game only 4 of every 6 years....Georgia is the obvious first choice..

badge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Orange Googlers Unite

Save Tigernet--Boot the coots(you know who I mean).

Replies: 17
| visibility 1,407
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic