Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
FFRF Seems To Have Begun Their Retreat
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 18
| visibility 1,689

FFRF Seems To Have Begun Their Retreat

Apr 23, 2014, 1:15 PM

Had been visiting their Facebook page to comment and read on their post about the complaint against Clemson. It's been removed! I guess they are weary of getting blown up by opposition, read the writing on the wall about Clemson isn't bowing to their wishes ever, faced reality they are not going to get a plaintiff within the program, or just a combination of all the above.
Thanks for the free coast to coast positive publicity FFRF!
Hopefully some more self serving busy body scumbags will complain on us in the future!
Go Tigers!!!!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nicely said.

Apr 23, 2014, 1:20 PM

It brought us "pub" and someone else too - Christ. So all was accomplished for good.

They're just too busy....

Apr 23, 2014, 2:17 PM

trying to get the words "In God We Trust" removed from all US currency and the words "Under God" removed from the Pledge of Allegiance.

For an encore, they going to try to get all references to "God", "Creator" and "Supreme Judge" removed from the Declaration of Independence, the Boy Scout Oath, and the Girl Scout Promise.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Re: They're just too busy....

Apr 23, 2014, 2:42 PM

Don't forget the Christmas tree removed from the white house.

Re: They're just too busy....

Apr 23, 2014, 2:48 PM [ in reply to They're just too busy.... ]

That's a fight they could actually have a chance at arguing instead of trying to find something to complain about so people actually know they exist.

The motto "In God We Trust" didn't originally appear on currency at all until 1864. Since then, the motto has been adapted to other coins throughout our history. The 5-cent coin did not have the motto on it between the year 1883 and 1938. Ever since the reinstatement of the motto on the 5-cent coin, the motto has been on all coinage.

http://www.treasury.gov/about/education/Pages/in-god-we-trust.aspx

The "under God" clause in the Pledge of Allegiance was added under Eisenhower in 1954 as a response to the communist threat in the USA.

http://www.ushistory.org/documents/pledge.htm

Cowards are expected to behave that way,...

Apr 23, 2014, 3:04 PM

... if bullying and intimidation don't work, better to cut and run! Not a bad course of action if you don't really believe in the principle that you say you believe in.
I'm so proud of Clemson Nation standing their ground and refusing to be intimidated. Not only was it the right thing to do, but consider the consequences had we caved. It would have only emboldened the bullies and they would have carried their success right over to the next University.
Clemson stands tall! Clemson stand proud! Go Tigers!

Some of these towns and cities need to start standing up

Apr 23, 2014, 3:32 PM

for their rights. Most are afraid and just blindly do what the aethist organizations want and we see how that is working for America.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Some of these towns and cities need to start standing up

Apr 23, 2014, 3:33 PM

I grow tired of atheists knocking on my door and leaving their literature on my car.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 23, 2014, 3:37 PM

Now that would highly pissss me off right there. The hand that places that garbage on any of my property could get broken in many places.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 23, 2014, 3:39 PM

I feel bad every time atheists show up on my doorstep and I have to ask them to leave.

Apr 23, 2014, 3:47 PM

Well I hate the atheists who stick their noses in issues that doesn't concern them.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 23, 2014, 3:49 PM

#ignored

Apr 23, 2014, 3:52 PM

oh so this is how atheism works? You say what's on your mind and when other people say their piece you ignore them. Perfect

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 23, 2014, 3:53 PM

exactly, we atheists are always judging people like that

Apr 23, 2014, 3:55 PM

#ignored

Was inperceivably funny the first time - no improvement the

Apr 23, 2014, 3:51 PM [ in reply to Re: Some of these towns and cities need to start standing up ]

2nd time.

Go for 3 - maybe it will be the magic try !

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Brad Brownell: Only Larry freaking Shyatt has a WORSE overall winning percentage among Clemson basketball coaches since 1975. Let that sink in. It's Larry Shyatt & then Brad Brownell.

WOOSH

Apr 23, 2014, 3:42 PM [ in reply to Re: Some of these towns and cities need to start standing up ]

nm

maybe they found out that there are 4 things you don't mess

Apr 23, 2014, 3:31 PM

with when it comes to southerners:
1. family
2. faith
3. friends
4. football
and not necessarily in that order.

Re: FFRF Seems To Have Begun Their Retreat

Apr 23, 2014, 3:33 PM

Kind of makes me think that was more to get their foundation notice in the Bible Belt. Recruiting publicity for them.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 18
| visibility 1,689
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic