Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
The frustrating part is this is a really talented team.
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 7
| visibility 1,284

The frustrating part is this is a really talented team.

Apr 22, 2014, 11:41 PM

Our lineup is solid top to bottom with really good hitters at the top. Krieger, Boulware, okey, Wilkerson, Duggar, and Kennedy will all play professional ball. Our rotation is as good as any in the ACC and we have RP with good stuff. Our midweek starters have been a letdown and several of them seem to regressed this year, especially Schmidt.

I can't figure out why this team is so inconsistent with such a high talent level. JL is knowledgable so all I can figure is he's a poor people manager - meaning he doesn't get the best from his players. Additionally he has refused to evolve his style. I've never liked the way he plays small ball with poor fundamentals or the way he uses the pen but I still keep hoping he will prove me wrong. Let's hope he team gets hot and puts a run together.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: The frustrating part is this is a really talented team.

Apr 23, 2014, 7:13 AM

people keep saying that but the results say otherwise.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

They're a talented group that is poorly coached.

Apr 23, 2014, 7:53 AM

I do think it is fair to say that this team is somewhat better than the record indicates. The team has a boat load of potential. It's just a matter of bringing it every single game no matter who they are playing and that just isn't happening.

They have played some highly ranked teams really strong, losing by a run or two or winning by a run or two and they they will have a BIG drop-off and lose to some inferior opponent.

Blame it on youth, inexperience or growing pains if you'd like but this has been an ongoing pattern for the last several years.

One thing you look for is improvement over the course of the season (i.e., getting better every game) and I just don't think we are seeing that.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Except most of the starters aren't freshman.***

Apr 23, 2014, 8:31 AM

Apr 23, 2014, 7:24 AM

i agree 100% this team has been very disappointing. they have proved they can lose to anyone or beat anyone. do think the small ball label is unfair. jack bunts guys over way less than he did even 3 years ago. and until the balls or bats change we small ball is the way everyone has to play now. until our bats hit the skids 2 weeks ago we were leading the acc in almost every offensive category. i put this more on the kids than the coaches. we have almost the same team back as last year. the kids have to produce. maybe it will click in before the year is out but they are sure running out of time.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Then the coach isn't getting the results from the players or

Apr 23, 2014, 8:33 AM

is he bringing in the wrong players? How do you fix that?

Apr 23, 2014, 8:38 AM [ in reply to Re: The frustrating part is this is a really talented team. ]

That is the frustrating part right now. If we were hitting like the early part of the season we would be winning a lot of these close games. Pitching was a big problem early but the last few weeks it has been the bats that have really struggled. Minus the Long outing against Pitt that is.

null

Hammer hitting nail on the head...Poor People

Apr 23, 2014, 7:58 AM

manager...with "All about me" attitude,instead of about the kids.

Replies: 7
| visibility 1,284
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic