Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
After CK's post admitting his wrongs I would practice
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 25
| visibility 2,977

After CK's post admitting his wrongs I would practice

Apr 20, 2014, 8:16 PM

forgiveness. I would also show that I am the type coach that knows how to build character in my players.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

So what are you saying?...Dabo should

Apr 20, 2014, 8:18 PM

Stick to the dismissal or what?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dismissal is failure as I see it.

Apr 20, 2014, 8:22 PM

Strong guidance is what is needed. IMHO.

Seriously? You are a

Apr 20, 2014, 8:28 PM

hard ####!

None of us really now all that CK has done in the program

Apr 20, 2014, 10:24 PM [ in reply to Dismissal is failure as I see it. ]

For all we know, there could have been some very serious instances that warranted concern.

My only question is, generally, if guys do things that land them in hot water with the coaches, the player is usually punished. I haven't heard CK punished for anything in particular...but I'm sure the coaches made the right call.

Let's think this through.

Apr 21, 2014, 8:23 AM [ in reply to Dismissal is failure as I see it. ]

Dabo probably knows that dismissal is a failure on his part. I think that's the reasonable conclusion at this point. Would, therefor, not reinstating Chad as a player on this team be an admitting that throwing him off was another error?

Dood, three wrongs don't make a right.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Dismissal is failure as I see it.

Apr 21, 2014, 12:26 PM [ in reply to Dismissal is failure as I see it. ]

I agree with you if you are saying that the failure is on Chad Kelly's part. Perhaps you didn't see Dabo's comments after the apology where he was very proud of CK for the apology and taking ownership of his actions. Dabo wished him the very best and I think all of Tiger Nation wishes him the same. But you can't deny his past history of just such actions that caused his dismissal from the team.

1. Dismissed from his high school team as a Freshman and Sophomore.
2. His extremely cocky and arrogant tweets about not coming to Clemson to sit on the bench.
3. His derisiveness toward his teammates even before he arrived at Clemson.
4. Losing his temper multiple times after arriving at Clemson and was counseled by the coaches.
5. Lost his temper and ripped the coaches for not playing more in the Citadel game last year. Counseled again.
6. Ripped into the coaches in the Spring game for not having more 1st team players on his team at the spring game this year.
7. Ripped the coaches for calling for a punt on 4th and 3 and not allowing him to try for the first down. Never considered the fact that the coaches may have called the punt because the wanted to evaluate a punt situation.
8. Lost his cool again with Dabo and Chad Morris when he was called in a day or so after the spring game. At that point he was dismissed and justifiably so.

There may be more instances but these are the ones that I know of. In my view it was Chad first and team second. You don't have to know Dabo for very long to know that is not going to happen at Clemson and I support Dabo for his position. In a free society individuals have to take ownership of their actions and there are consequences for those that don't.

Go Tigers!!!

badge-donor-10yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: After CK's post admitting his wrongs I would practice

Apr 20, 2014, 8:19 PM

They are called principles for a reason. The rules that he crossed resulted in his dismissal , and if Dabo went back on that decision he would be sending the wrong message.
Chad Kelly's character will build from this anyway ...one would think.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

a thrird party tweet is not sufficient for apology

Apr 20, 2014, 8:27 PM

If CK has been working the phones with Dabo and Dabo brings him back so be it.

Don't see it happening but pigs have flown before .... somewhere.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: a thrird party tweet is not sufficient for apology

Apr 20, 2014, 8:33 PM

is this still going on. this is beyond funny. swag is no longer a tiger and will never be a tiger. what is so hard about this.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: a thrird party tweet is not sufficient for apology

Apr 21, 2014, 12:29 PM [ in reply to a thrird party tweet is not sufficient for apology ]

That "pig" will not fly at Clemson!!!

badge-donor-10yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Neither you or I know everything that happened

Apr 20, 2014, 8:39 PM

And while I wouldn't fault Dabo for allowing his foot back in the door, I certainly wouldn't presume to think it the right thing to do.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Neither you or I know everything that happened

Apr 20, 2014, 9:34 PM

i actually know exactly what happened. and no it is not something for this or any other board. dabo made the correct call and even if i knew nothing i trust the decisions dabo makes and everyone else should also if you have seen his decisions in the past.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 21, 2014, 8:17 AM

so why is it not for any board? why are you the only one entitled to know exactly what happened?

Apr 21, 2014, 12:33 PM

It's called "honoring the connections" that you may have.

I think Dabo has already forgiven him....multiple times.

Apr 20, 2014, 8:43 PM

Enough is enough.

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I think Dabo has already forgiven him....multiple times.

Apr 20, 2014, 9:29 PM

I treasure my school years at Clemson College(1957), my RAT days, became a very good pool player, could make $2 to $4 daily.those were the days, but above all Clemson allowed me to serve 25 years in the Air Force, AND FIRING PEOPLE WHO CANNOT DO THE JOB/or/ WHO CANT FOLLOW THR RULES....THEY MUST/MUST BE KICKED TO THE CURB...END
OF CAREERS IN MANY CASES....ENOUGH SAID...HAPPY EASTER

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Re: I think Dabo has already forgiven him....multiple times.

Apr 21, 2014, 12:35 PM

Best post on this topic!!!! Thanks opt!!!

I think Dabo has more than shown that he is the type of

Apr 20, 2014, 9:10 PM

coach that knows how to build character in his players. Dismissing CK from the team is the type of tough decision that people of high principle such as Dabo must endure. In doing so, he added risk to our on the field fortunes for the coming two seasons by eliminating a highly talented and trained player. The rewards are a team that better understands personal responsibility and accountability, and a young man in CK who better understands the same as he continues his own journey elsewhere with the benefit of painful experience as a guide.

Forgiveness is about not holding a negative grudge, wishing harm and continuing to punish, or riding a misguided sense of responsibility on behalf of another for your own ills. It has nothing to do with putting yourself or your charges back in potential harm's way, or enabling someone to continue a pattern of destructive behavior by not being resolute.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

As of today we have 4 players who recently didn't

Apr 20, 2014, 9:29 PM

understand personal responsibility as they are suspended for UGA game. In two years one would hope that CK could have been directed in a better way. It is not freshmen that are having issues but players that should be beyond the learning curve on personal responsibility. Guess it will be a thing that repeats itself year after year.

Methinks that the staff did everything they could to direct

Apr 20, 2014, 9:52 PM

CK to a better way over those two years, and he still didn't get it. Though as fans we were never privy to many details, it was pretty obvious through several reported incidents that CK was crossing the line here and there often enough to raise concerns.

Everybody screws up now and again, such as the 4 did for the UGA game. Yes, there will be more that screw up in the future, year after year. That goes without saying. I guarantee you that the 4 you mention have a far greater grasp of the repercussions of irresponsibility now going forward than ever. If it doesn't stick, neither will any of them in this program.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: As of today we have 4 players who recently didn't

Apr 21, 2014, 12:45 PM [ in reply to As of today we have 4 players who recently didn't ]

People make mistakes, some learn from them and others have to repeatedly be corrected. At some point, counseling has to end and punishment has to prevail. Dabo did that and I support him completely!!!

Re: I think Dabo has more than shown that he is the type of

Apr 21, 2014, 12:41 PM [ in reply to I think Dabo has more than shown that he is the type of ]

GREAT POST, wildblulou!!! Hit the nail on the head!!!

Practicing forgiveness does not mean entrusting

Apr 20, 2014, 10:09 PM

a problem child without restriction. In this case, the restriction has reached a point where CK is no longer a Clemson Tiger. But he can certainly sit in the stands and cheer for the team if his heart is for Clemson.

John 3:16; 14:1-6

go ahead and write this down

Apr 20, 2014, 10:16 PM

he (CK) is leaving may 2nd. headed to a JUCO. Will play 1 year then go back thru the recruiting process if his 1 year i successful. I imagine it will be.

Knowing what we do about Dabo's character

Apr 21, 2014, 12:52 PM

he has already forgave Chad.

However, that doesn't mean Dabo is willing to submit himself and the team to the possibility of the antics Chad has shown multiple times in the past.

I had a really good friend in high school who got involved with drugs as an adult and stole from me and my family. I forgave him, but that doesn't mean I am willing to let him in my house anymore.

Replies: 25
| visibility 2,977
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic