Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Mizzou BBall coach Frank Haith (former U ) resigns via Text
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 5
| visibility 1,435

Mizzou BBall coach Frank Haith (former U ) resigns via Text

Apr 19, 2014, 11:39 PM

Wow. Can't say I'm surprised. Remember at Miami his contract stated that he was to be booked in a five star hotel when on the road. Dude didn't even stay with his own team and other coaches.

Frank Haith resigns from job by sending a text message to his boss

Posted on: 11:41 am, April 18, 2014, by FOX 4 Newsroom, updated on: 11:59am, April 18, 2014

COLUMBIA, Mo. — The official word came via text message. That’s how Missouri Athletic Director Mike Alden found out that his men’s basketball coach, Frank Haith, had accepted the same position at the University of Tulsa.

Haith has accepted at contract at Tulsa that will pay him $1.85 million a year for 7-years. Alden, in speaking with reporters in Columbia late Friday morning, says he will head up the search for a new coach, and will not discuss the names of any possible replacements.

When asked about the perception of Haith leaving an SEC program like Mizzou, for what might be perceived to be a lesser job at Tulsa, Alden said:

“I don’t know if it’s deflating. It’s disappointing because I think you enjoy working with people. I very much enjoyed working with Frank. He’s a very good person. He’s a good basketball coach and it was our intention to work together for quite sometime but he made a decision that he wanted to work somewhere else and I wish him the best as he goes forward to Tulsa,” Alden said.

When asked the same question by ESPN, Haith said of the Tulsa job: “This is a great fit for me and my family. We had great leadership at Missouri and I had a great relationship with athletic director Mike Alden and our administration.”

Alden says there is no timetable for hiring a new coach, but admitted that this is not the ideal time of year to begin a coaching search.

Haith just finished his third season at Missouri. Before Missouri, Haith was head coach at Miami (FLA) where he went 129-101 in seven seasons and had just one NCAA tournament appearance. At Missouri, his first two teams went to the tournament, but this year’s team missed the NCAA tournament.

FOX 4 has a crew in Columbia and will have more from Mike Alden. Refresh this page for updates.

http://fox4kc.com/2014/04/18/frank-h...e-to-his-boss/

________

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Best Is The Standard

That is a real kick in the teeth

Apr 20, 2014, 12:09 AM

To SEC basketball . When the coach at Missouri thinks its a better idea to go coach at Tulsa ? I must say that this is shocking. What is going on in Columbiathat would cause this bizarre juxtaposition ?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Haith knew Mizzu prefers Brownell and got out while he could

Apr 20, 2014, 12:34 AM

What are we going to do this late in the cycle?
Is this why KJ has been waiting on his decision to see who we can get?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

they don't like hoosiers in Missouri.***

Apr 20, 2014, 9:05 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

Can't decide which shows less class

Apr 20, 2014, 9:13 AM

Resigning by text, or calling the AD at 1:30 in the morning to say he was quitting as of that day.

Re: Can't decide which shows less class

Apr 20, 2014, 11:27 AM

okie doke. I work on a job that requires nights/weekends on-call as well as the standard 8-5. Calling someone at 1:30a is NOT a problem for me, and apparently it's not a problem for them calling me. That said - I'd have to hate my job/boss to do that. :)

Replies: 5
| visibility 1,435
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic