Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
What's 2015 RB recruitment looking like?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 13
| visibility 1,626

What's 2015 RB recruitment looking like?

Apr 19, 2014, 11:25 PM

How many we gonna take? Who are top promising prospects? I recall Rocky Reid out of N.C. Being high on Clemson .....but see he picked Tennessee. Did we offer him?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: What's 2015 RB recruitment looking like?

Apr 19, 2014, 11:50 PM

Our top two targets (JMO, BTW) are Taj Griffin from the state of Georgia and Mikell Lands-Davis who is also from Georgia. Here's links to their highlight films

Taj:
http://www.hudl.com/athlete/1693215/highlights/66252375

Mikell:
http://www.hudl.com/athlete/1739998/highlights/85022378

My evaluation of both of them:

Taj: Taj Griffin is more of a scat back and is widely acclaimed as the fastest RB in the 2015 class but he doesn't have that bruising size that Morris is looking for (5-10 176 per Rivals). That being said, he is incredibly fast and once he gets past you, you will not catch him. I personally think that while he is highly rated and all we aren't that high on him because we already have a couple pure speed backs in the works, like CJ Davidson but more recently in Daniel HS product Jae'lon Oglesby. There is also the very real possibility that Jae'lon has to go the prep school route just like Kyrin Priester, Shaq Lawson, and Martavis Bryant all had to do, essentially making him a 2015 recruit. But after all this, I don't think the coaches would be upset if Taj were to come to TigerTown. (I personally think he will end up at Oregon because he is the perfect fit for their offense and he sees himself being the next D'Anthony Thomas)

Mikell: Mikell Lands-Davis is more of a straight line or one-cut runner with better size (5-11 208 per Rivals) for the Morris power back mold. After watching some of his film his speed is actually pretty good, and I think this kid could easily become 220 in a couple years. His offer sheet isn't nearly as impressive as Griffin's, as Clemson and Tennessee are his only real offers. Mikell also very closely resembles Rod McDowell in his running style, and I think I can speak for most of TigerNet (except for the coots) when I say that Rod McDowell was actually a very serviceable RB when it was all said and done. Mikell also was/is incredibly high on Clemson since we were his first offer and we were his only offer for quite a while. I think if the staff really pressed, we could easily get Mikell.

Hope that helps, I know it was long, but hopefully it was plenty informative.

Apr 19, 2014, 11:52 PM

+1, good breakdown. Do we know their religious affiliations? ;)

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yes we do know

Apr 19, 2014, 11:56 PM

Taj is Hindu (grew up thinking he was born to be in the Taj Mahal) and Mikell is a full-blown Mormon.

Guess they won't fit into our system then...

Apr 19, 2014, 11:59 PM

I keed, I keed!

But I think we'll be good for awhile at RB, with Gallman and Dye both being RS Freshman only this year.

Re: Guess they won't fit into our system then...

Apr 20, 2014, 12:12 AM

like what I saw from gallman, definitely a step up from what we had on campus.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Agreed

Apr 20, 2014, 12:16 AM

He looked good in the spring game and we all finally got to see what the coaches have been raving about from practices. It's great to see that kind of performance from a guy so young, knowing that he'll be here for a while

Thx. Also, forgot Fleming is only a freshman!***

Apr 20, 2014, 12:40 AM [ in reply to Re: Guess they won't fit into our system then... ]

A 21 year old full grown freshman!***

Apr 20, 2014, 1:01 AM

Apr 20, 2014, 7:52 AM

Are we going after Eric Swinney? He's a 4-star out of sandy creek.

Apr 20, 2014, 8:46 AM

I'm pretty sure we are.

Apr 20, 2014, 9:23 AM

It's pretty down to Griffin and Lands davis. We're recruiting Hines out of NC but I think as a WR. Hines is pretty darn good and I hope Clemson can him as a WR. I think most schools may be converting him as well. Kid has excellent track speed. Griffin is a stud he's mike Bellamy with more size and a brain. Kid will be a good RB in college. Would be a great change of pace back and let's be real he's better than davidson. Lands davis is a very physical RB. Some insiders are saying he's the most underrated recruit maybe in the south. Both should takes and then ALL IN on feaster.

Rarely does someone ask about racquet ball recruiting on here.

Apr 20, 2014, 8:36 AM

I applaud you.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-francismarion.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've played multiple sports and would bet any amount that I'm still more athletic than you at this present time...."

...or Yachting

Apr 20, 2014, 10:46 AM

;)

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 13
| visibility 1,626
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic