Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
I think atheism should also be considered a religion.
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 35
| visibility 1

I think atheism should also be considered a religion.

Apr 19, 2014, 8:12 PM

That is all I have to say on the matter. Now back to football.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

So how would the FFRF obtain freedom from themselves?***

Apr 19, 2014, 8:16 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aspiring member of the TigerNet Sewer Dwellers

Any cases of FFRF attacking a religion other than Christiani

Apr 19, 2014, 8:18 PM

or is it purely an anti-Christian group?

Don't know for sure, but I'm betting they don't have the

Apr 19, 2014, 8:20 PM

cojones to take on the Muslims.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Don't know for sure, but I'm betting they don't have the

Apr 19, 2014, 8:24 PM

http://ffrf.org/publications/freethought-today/item/19487-because-of-religion

That's pretty critical of Islam. Find an instance of Muslims forcing their religion into the government of the US, and they'll be on it like white on rice.

I don't think the Muslims necessarily demanded this, but

Apr 19, 2014, 8:29 PM

here's an example of where a state government provided religious benefits to Muslims:

http://www.barenakedislam.com/2009/08/29/muslim-footbaths-on-the-march/

What Christians are "forcing" their religion onto the government of the US?

Re: I don't think the Muslims necessarily demanded this, but

Apr 19, 2014, 8:36 PM

Were people of other religions forced to use those? Providing a service for a certain number of people is not quite the same thing as a coach instilling his religion into his players.

So using state funds to build foot washing basins for

Apr 19, 2014, 8:39 PM

Muslims is not a violation of the Constitution?

How does a coach "instill religion" into his players by offering voluntary bible studies?

Re: So using state funds to build foot washing basins for

Apr 19, 2014, 8:45 PM

Dabo hired a chaplain himself and had baptisms during practice. Even if he isn't telling his players they should be Christian out loud, his actions say exactly that.

The footbaths are there for people who need them. There's no one from the school telling students they should convert to Islam so they can use them.

Oh yeah I used to use foot washing basins all the time.

Apr 19, 2014, 8:49 PM

So using state funds was appropriate?

Isn't the chaplain a voluntary position? Thought I read that.

Baptisms (plural)? Not aware of more than one. Which Nuk requested. And asked some of his friends to stay. Without coercion.

GET A CLUE!!! Dabo lives his religion. That is his right.

Apr 19, 2014, 8:56 PM [ in reply to Re: So using state funds to build foot washing basins for ]

Nuk WANTED to be baptized after practice. That is his right. No Christian is going to tell another Christian that they can't be baptized. With all the wrong in the world and this aethist group goes after people like Dabo whose charity organization has given hundreds of thousands of dollars to the needy and all you can do is say what you THINK he is doing wrong.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

they don't care how many young men or women have had

Apr 19, 2014, 9:05 PM

their lives enriched by clemson's program. they only concern themselves with the possibility of ONE person that may have been made uncomfortable or has felt "coerced" into sharing a public agent's christian views or faith.

this isn't spock sacrificing himself for the crew of the enterprise, where the needs of the many out weigh those of the few or rather, one. it's about the ONE that MAY be injured.

it's ridiculous, but it's the "world" we've allowed to be created.

i hope it burns & not necessarily in the fires of tartarus.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Your next to last sentence is spot on. Took religion out

Apr 19, 2014, 9:14 PM

of the schools and now having to have police in a lot of schools. And some people still don't get it.

Which religion should be in public schools?

Apr 20, 2014, 12:06 AM

Christian, catholic, Mormon, Jewish, Muslim, Hindu, Buddhism , or all of them or none?p

Re: Which religion should be in public schools?

Apr 20, 2014, 9:05 AM

The "religion" this nation was founded on. Christianity!! Now, would I have a problem with people of other faiths having the opportunity to believe and share their beliefs? No I wouldn't !! But the only problem with that is Muslims believe that unbelievers in their dead leader (mohammed) makes them infidels and should be killed. Whereas if they believe Jesus is/ was just another guy and is still dead. Then I'd let them believe that because Jesus died for their right to believe in him or reject him. Funny how atheist "fear" something they say doesn't exist. They want to silence those who believe in something that isn't real(to them). I find it hilarious !! Now I do know some atheist that don't care what I believe or what I tell them. They are going to believe what they want. I'm cool with that. I won't tell them to be silent about their belief or stop sharing their position . And they don't care if I continue to share what I believe because from their perspective , I believe in nothing and have that same right as they do. Funny how these groups get all twisted up about something that "isn't even real". It's like the kid with the "boogeyman" man in the closet . Don't open the closet door cause he might be there.

I would think that the school did not buy

Apr 20, 2014, 9:27 AM [ in reply to Re: So using state funds to build foot washing basins for ]

water tanks for the expressed purpose of baptism. I would also think that coaches did not refuse use of the water tanks to players unless they were Christian.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-francismarion.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've played multiple sports and would bet any amount that I'm still more athletic than you at this present time...."

The problem with your statements is that they are so overtly

Apr 21, 2014, 1:21 AM [ in reply to Re: So using state funds to build foot washing basins for ]

biased towards a stance that it's hard to take them seriously.

You say, to paraphase, Dabo is forcing his players to choose Christianity (VERY much your opinion without any justification or proof) and then you argue installing footbaths are practical...that just makes no sense. Is the chaplain position not their for players who need him? Or are you assuming every player MUST meet with him?

Re: Any cases of FFRF attacking a religion other than Christiani

Apr 19, 2014, 8:22 PM [ in reply to Any cases of FFRF attacking a religion other than Christiani ]

Since Christianity is the only thing that offers real hope as it includes the only avenue to a real God, and since their objective is to be anti-God, then it would be senseless for them to attack any other.

With a glock 19.***

Apr 19, 2014, 8:34 PM [ in reply to So how would the FFRF obtain freedom from themselves?*** ]

There's something in these hills.

I'm thinking...

Apr 20, 2014, 9:59 AM [ in reply to So how would the FFRF obtain freedom from themselves?*** ]

a sharp razor and a tub of warm water might do it.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I think atheism should also be considered a religion.

Apr 19, 2014, 8:18 PM

I think off should be a TV channel.

Apr 19, 2014, 8:19 PM

In your methaphor agnosticism would be off. Atheism is a clear belief on God which is in a way a religious belief.

Apr 19, 2014, 8:20 PM

Wrong. Agnosticism is not a stance on belief, it's an admission of a lack of knowledge. Atheism is a lack of belief, thus off should be a TV channel.

Oh how I wish atheists would act like a turned off TV.***

Apr 19, 2014, 10:55 PM

Re: Oh how I wish atheists would act like a turned off TV.***

Apr 20, 2014, 10:19 AM

What's the matter? Is your faith so weak that the mere mention of there possibly not being a god scares you?

No. Atheism doesn't scare me because it is wrong.***

Apr 20, 2014, 10:02 PM

Re: No. Atheism doesn't scare me because it is wrong.***

Apr 20, 2014, 10:13 PM

So why do you want us to be quiet? There must be a good reason.

How you gonna talk about nothing 24/7?

Apr 20, 2014, 10:01 AM [ in reply to Re: I think atheism should also be considered a religion. ]

Wait, ESPiN is doing it so you're right, a TV channel would work.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I agree with you

Apr 19, 2014, 8:31 PM

and I am non-religious.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 19, 2014, 8:48 PM

Atheism is simply the non-belief in a deity or deities. Even Christians are atheistic towards other gods and/or religions. I see what you are saying in that some atheistic groups act similar to a religion but i'm not sure I would go as far as to say "atheist" should be deemed a religion since it is pretty much the opposite of religion.

Apr 19, 2014, 11:54 PM

If athiests deny the existance of a deity, and supposedly it is impossible to prove a negative, then their belief system has to be taken by faith. Seems like a religion to me.

Apr 29, 2014, 11:16 PM

Ok, then by that logic we have a belief system that has to be taken by faith for every single thing we deny that exists.

For example, I deny the existence of unicorns, ergo I must have a belief system that has to be taken by faith. Must be my religion of the denying of the unicorns. Doesn't make sense does it?

You can apply this to yourself. I'm assuming from your comments that you are an anglo saxon christian, so you must deny the existence of budda right? Well by your logic it is impossible to prove budda doesn't exisit so then you have a belief system that has to be taken by faith. Seems like a religion to me...

Also let's define the word "religion":

"the belief in and worship of a superhuman controlling power, especially a personal God or gods."

So if an atheist does not belief in a superhuman controlling power or a personal God or gods, then that means he holds a view that is the exact OPPOSITE of religion.

I think there are differences just like those between

Apr 20, 2014, 12:01 AM [ in reply to Re: I think atheism should also be considered a religion. ]

mainline and evangelical churches.

The people we are dealing with right now are evangelical atheists.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Demon Deacon problems? There's an app for that too, and it ain't buggy like that yellowjacket repellant:

Apr 20, 2014, 9:37 AM

My personal thoughts on the matter....
https://www.facebook.com/austin.gurley.94/posts/10154059691595182

I hereby proclaim Christianity isn't a religion!

Apr 20, 2014, 10:05 AM

Religion is the vehicle man uses to make himself presentable to God.

Christianity is God's way of making man presentable to Himself!

It is.***

Apr 30, 2014, 8:43 AM

Replies: 35
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic