Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Anyone want to talk some Football? (RB Content)
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 24
| visibility 1

Anyone want to talk some Football? (RB Content)

Apr 19, 2014, 12:09 PM

Since it's Saturday maybe someone wants to turf talk ?

What do you think the backfield's depth chart will look like going into Athens? Are you comfortable with it?

I really hope Gallman continues to emerge- he is our Home Run Threat.

We no longer have Boyd up the Middle on 4th and 1. So Zac Brooks or CJ Davidson needs to step up and be that bruiser. Rotating in DJ Howard (who never had impressed me but has been behind some good ones on the depth chart) we should have a good stable of backs.

My concern is Chad Morris' decisions to abandon the run so quickly. I cant help but think the absence of a true home run threat factors in as the defense does not respect the break away possibility. I hope we find that in Gallman

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Best Is The Standard

I say Gallman starts, and I guarantee that

Apr 19, 2014, 12:15 PM

Kurt Fleming will be that bruiser, the guys a cannonball. When I say Gallman will start, I think he will be first on the depth chart, but will have the same amount of playing time as most of the other backs. I feel really good about our RB group as a whole this year, with CJ Davidsons speed, Kurt Flemings bruiser style of running, DJ Howard looks similar to Hot Rod, Zac Brooks will be great for a HB pass, and Gallman looks like he can pick up some nice yards.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I can't say that Gallman will start but were I to bet...

Apr 19, 2014, 12:25 PM

my money is on him getting the most yards next season.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I say Gallman starts, and I guarantee that

Apr 19, 2014, 12:28 PM [ in reply to I say Gallman starts, and I guarantee that ]

Probably a little "running back by committee", which is really not a bad situation at all. I was really impressed by Davidson in the spring game, Howard and Brooks seem solid, and they do have some experience. It will be competitive and interesting for the RB's in fall practice.

UGAy won't know what's coming next.

Apr 19, 2014, 12:32 PM

With such a variety of quality RB's I think one of the criteria for being considered a starter is blocking ability. That's another reason I think DJ might get the nod though summer workouts could change theses kid's shape a lot.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Anyone want to talk some Football? (RB Content)

Apr 19, 2014, 12:27 PM

I think for the sake of seniority Dabo will start DJ but I think Zac gets the most carries and Gallman gains the most yardage.

Apr 20, 2014, 11:45 AM

I would think they would play the back or backs that can get it done! DJ has not in 4 years...Brooks is NOT a RB but rather an excellent receiver (see his HS vids and last years Uga game).

Apr 20, 2014, 11:55 AM

Oh yeah I agree DJ hasn't really shown anything, and yes Zac Brooks can catch out of the backfield but he is a running back. At least he was in the spring game

Would 9-3 with win over the Coots be a good season?

Apr 19, 2014, 12:30 PM

Nm

Re: Would 9-3 with win over the Coots be a good season?

Apr 19, 2014, 1:10 PM

NOPE because BEST IS THE STANDARD!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Our country won't go on forever, if we stay soft as we are now. There won't be any America because some foreign soldiery will invade us and take our women and breed a hardier race.

~Chesty Puller
Lt.General United States Marine Corps

Apr 19, 2014, 1:13 PM [ in reply to Would 9-3 with win over the Coots be a good season? ]

Losing to the Coots now means we're out of playoff contention --- regardless of what has happened thusfar during that season due to it beeing OOC and late in the season. So...

Apr 19, 2014, 1:24 PM

The solution is simple... WIN ALL OF THEM

Our country won't go on forever, if we stay soft as we are now. There won't be any America because some foreign soldiery will invade us and take our women and breed a hardier race.

~Chesty Puller

Apr 19, 2014, 1:28 PM

At tally, at Athens, vs the Coots, Lville and even UNC. This is going to be a hard year to win them all.

Apr 19, 2014, 1:29 PM [ in reply to Re: Would 9-3 with win over the Coots be a good season? ]

Yes, win them all is great, except if we don't beat the Coots, none of it matters now.

Apr 19, 2014, 1:27 PM [ in reply to Would 9-3 with win over the Coots be a good season? ]

NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!this IS NOT good season!11-1 with win over the c$$ts is acceptable

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re:YES. I want to get that monkey off our backs.***

Apr 19, 2014, 1:28 PM [ in reply to Would 9-3 with win over the Coots be a good season? ]

Davidson is no bruiser and Zac is not much of one

Apr 19, 2014, 12:44 PM

Howard is running hard but not very big,hopefully new big guy will prevail?

Apr 19, 2014, 1:10 PM

I think we will use Kurt Fleming on short yard and goal line situations. RB is the least of our concerns. The WR do not seem to be able to get many yards after catch. Also, the big question mark is Special Teams. We had plenty of blunders on kick off returns that cost us the game in WILLIE B last year. We need to field the ball and get good field position. Our O Line looked promising for a Unit divided on the field at the Spring Game. When they operate as a complete set I see some depth that may be needed in the season. QB should be no question. Everyone assumes that Cole Stoudt isn't a dual threat. Think again, he weighs more than Tajh Boyd and is actually faster than Boyd. He seems to do check downs better and has a high rate of accuracy compared to most. His poise in the pocket shows maturity and discipline. I don't think Watson will play this year because I believe Nick Shuessler did a fine job backing up Chad and Cole during Spring game. At Half Time he was the more accurate of the 3 QBs out there. He just doesn't have a great deep attack. However, he was taking what the defense was giving him by exploiting the gaps in the defensive secondary. He can keep the chains moving. Shuessler actually won a State Championship at his high school. I have faith in that kid.

I expect to see Tyshon Dye about Mid-Season since he already Red Shirted last year. I do not think he will miss out. Oh and let us not forget Charone Peake coming back in who was actually rated higher than Sammy during the recruitment. He has battled injuries for 2 seasons but is expected to be at 100 percent by August. Then you have Mike Williams and Germone Hopper as well. I think that Demarre Kitt will be an impact along with Kyrin Priester and Artis Scott. We are in good shape all around. The question mark is the Offensive Line and the Special Teams. We cannot afford to lose QBs to injuries so we need depth at the O Line... That is all.

~Chesty Puller

Gallman appears to be what the staff has been searching for

Apr 19, 2014, 1:16 PM

He seems to be as close to the total package as we've had in a while.

Big, strong, quick, elusive, good blocker who can catch a pass out of the backfield.

I think he will emerge from fall practice as the starter with a combination of the others getting a lot of snaps in certain situations.

I'm just not as certain as some folks seem to be that Kurt Fleming will see the field much this year. He was impressive during 3-4 plays in the O&W game, but that honestly doesn't mean too much. It will be interesting to see where he stands after fall camp.

Re: Gallman appears to be what the staff has been searching for

Apr 19, 2014, 1:58 PM

I think Fleming will be big factor this season. After watching his high school tapes and the spring game...I'm impressed. He broke a lot of long runs on his highlight videos but that can be deceiving. (Will it translate over to the college level) Then in the Orange and White game he took off and showed some speed to go with his size. I'm on his bandwagon!

I think the coaches are keeping him under the radar, along with some other newbie's. (Artvis Scott/Kyrin Priester/TJ Green, etc) No need to put to much information out there. :)

Didn't TJ Green move to safety?***

Apr 19, 2014, 7:56 PM

I think we'll see a lot more wild cat this year

Apr 19, 2014, 8:02 PM

Why? Because I can dream I guess. It wouldn't surprise me if we see more of it. People keep trying to convince me that Cole is going to be a better runner than tajh, but I just don't see it and I think we're going to rely a lot more on our RBs.

I totally forgot about Dye, but I think we're going be fine at RB. Our issue is going to be the O line. If they can't make the running lanes or buy time for a pocket passer we're in trouble.

Wild Cat?? Please, no!

Apr 19, 2014, 8:10 PM

Even when we have had great athletes like Justin Miller, CJ, Sammy, Andre Ellington, and James Davis, it just seems as if the Wild Cat has always amounted to a wasted down the times we've tried it. I'm just not a fan of the Wild Cat. But, I suppose if it ever actually worked, I could change my mind quickly, LOL.

Gallman and Davidson - 1 and 1A.***

Apr 19, 2014, 10:19 PM

Apr 19, 2014, 10:22 PM

I think Brooks goes out at RB on the first play. Maybe even Howard just for the experience factor of carrying the ball in a high intensity game

Replies: 24
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic