Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Is it possible the FFRF publicity helps our program?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 8
| visibility 774

Is it possible the FFRF publicity helps our program?

Apr 18, 2014, 11:53 PM

Someone may have already brought up this point, and if they have I apologize, but with such a strong religious background in almost all of our recruits upbringings could this publicity actually turn out to be a positive? For example, we are recruiting a player and he (and Mom or Grandma) are on the fence about who to choose then they hear how Dabo and crew have raised eyebrows around keeping religion in the program's DNA. Could this possibly sway that recruit to come our way? Just a thought and I hope it all resolves itself sooner than later so we can get our focus back on whoopin dem Dawgs!

Go Tigers!!!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Is it possible the FFRF publicity helps our program?

Apr 19, 2014, 1:52 AM

As long as the true facts are given by the media then yes. But everyone seems to want to take shots at Clemson and everyone seems to want to see Clemson fail.

I think they are afraid of what Dabo is building here at Clemson.

But I understand what you are saying.

But didn't that TE Blazevich choose Georgia over Clemson because he felt a strong religious connection with the UGA staff

Not sure what you're reading, most I have read say FFRF...

Apr 19, 2014, 8:02 AM

...is FOS.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's no such thing as a stupid question, just stupid people who ask questions.

Re: Not sure what you're reading, most I have read say FFRF...

Apr 19, 2014, 8:15 AM

I think it can do nothing BUT help. Recruits moms and families want to know that their sons will be watched carefully , taken seriously and moreover given the tools to thrive beyond the college fields.
Dabo being seen as standing up in his particular beliefs ( which are shared by about 99% of his recruits) just places the Tiger program in a very good light and I think improves a recruiting angle .
FFRF has helped Clemson Football inadvertantly and in doing so I say thanks to the non-believers that they are ;)

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

I agree completely, even tho I am not sure...

Apr 19, 2014, 12:33 PM

..it should be so engrained in what they do - I have no problem with it and appreciate what Dabo does. I appreciate and believe they tell kids this is part of the program and as long as he continues to make it voluntary and it has no bearing on football decisions, and no evidence it does, then this can only help as you say.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's no such thing as a stupid question, just stupid people who ask questions.

Apr 19, 2014, 8:12 AM [ in reply to Re: Is it possible the FFRF publicity helps our program? ]

Aha! It's the old "everyone seems to want to take shots at Clemson" and "everyone seems to want to see Clemson fail" conspiracy theory. Who's afraid of what Dabo is building here? ESPN? The SEC? Maybe the ACC? The White House? Putin? Jimbo Fisher? Spurrier? I do agree that this religious controversy might help recruiting, in some instances, but Dabo will be forced to back off in his open religious dealings with the team. Surely a statement from Dabo and the University addressing said topic will be released in the next couple of weeks.

Apr 19, 2014, 7:58 AM

Ask me monday because I figure the fine folks at FFRF
won't have anything better to do EASTER Sunday than to continue their assault on Clemson.

"Birds of a feather flock together."

Apr 19, 2014, 8:39 AM

You've never heard of that?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: "Birds of a feather flock together."

Apr 19, 2014, 8:48 AM

"The whole world hates, and unjustly picks on, Clemson". Heard that maybe more than a few times this week?

Replies: 8
| visibility 774
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic