Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
New Story: Swinney says Watson among best freshmen he's ever seen
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 43
| visibility 1

New Story: Swinney says Watson among best freshmen he's ever seen

Apr 18, 2014, 4:41 PM

Swinney says Watson among best freshmen he's ever seen

Dabo Swinney said recently that freshman QB Deshaun Watson is special. In fact, Swinney calls him one of the top two or three freshmen has have ever been around. Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: New Story: Swinney says Watson among best freshmen he's ever seen

Apr 18, 2014, 4:46 PM

So, it sounds like when Morris leaves, we should look into the Gainesville coach as his replacement.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If, after reading this, you still think there's a chance he

Apr 18, 2014, 4:50 PM

redshirts . . . you're crazy. I think he would have probably redshirted before Swag was bumped, but now, no way.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

I think the only way it happens

Apr 18, 2014, 4:55 PM

Is if his injury does't heal well in time to get him completely acclimated.

Even then, we'd probably see him later in the year

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yes, I meant to say "barring injury".***

Apr 18, 2014, 5:19 PM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

Re: I think the only way it happens

Apr 19, 2014, 2:24 PM [ in reply to I think the only way it happens ]

Crazy thing....in all of Clemson history, we've never had a qb like him. Watson. #21

we can't redshirt him this year with Kelly gone anyway***

Apr 18, 2014, 5:07 PM [ in reply to If, after reading this, you still think there's a chance he ]

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

sure we can! the key to what Dabo said - could be 220lb!

Apr 18, 2014, 6:45 PM

Barring injury to Cole, Nick can be used like Cole was with Tajh in control. You gotta realize in 2 of the last three times Watson has played "live", he was injured. In his last HS game and in the second live scrimmage. The kid needs to build up his strength and weight!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I was crazy.

Apr 19, 2014, 9:31 AM [ in reply to If, after reading this, you still think there's a chance he ]

I'm starting to come to my senses.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We're only going to have him for 3 years anyway.

Apr 20, 2014, 9:52 AM [ in reply to If, after reading this, you still think there's a chance he ]

Wouldn't make sense to waste one of those on a redshirt.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Dabo crushed my soul." --- Classof09

Apr 18, 2014, 4:51 PM

I can't wait to see this young man develop into a great player. With the Overall recruiting surrounding him and the talent on O-line coming in; we have the potential to win a NC.

Go Tigers!

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 18, 2014, 7:39 PM

IF he is as good as coach says he is, and with the O line we should have. I can see a couple of NCs back to back. But we would have to give at least one to the coots b/c they have beat us. Oh well, I guess they will take them anyway they can get them.:)

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 20, 2014, 1:16 AM

With the OL recruitment, Watson will inherit a gem of talent to lead and protect the way toward a successful run not only for him but for the runningbacks and receivers as well. Once these type of linemen with their sizes and athletic abilities get comfortable with Chad Morris hurry up offense, Clemson should hold an advantage getting to playoff contention for a few years to come.

I just hope Morris will be around next yr to call the plays

Apr 18, 2014, 4:59 PM

Yes, I'm starting that talk already...

Apr 18, 2014, 5:04 PM

I was impressed to see him on the sidelines during the Spring Game following Coach Morris around, even going across the field with Coach. He was fully engaged. He seems very mature and grounded for such a young guy. Congrats to his previous coaches and his parents for preparing him well. Can't wait to see him on the field with a paw on his helmet! Go Tigers!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Last guy he said this about was Watkins***

Apr 18, 2014, 5:07 PM

Re: Last guy he said this about was Watkins***

Apr 18, 2014, 5:08 PM

And he was spot on with Watkins.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

So Spiller, Watkins, & Watson are the top 3 Fr he's seen?***

Apr 18, 2014, 5:36 PM [ in reply to Last guy he said this about was Watkins*** ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: So Spiller, Watkins, & Watson are the top 3 Fr he's seen?***

Apr 18, 2014, 6:04 PM

Swinney also had very high praise for Shaq Lawson.

I have not had the pleasure to see Watson in action at CU,

Apr 18, 2014, 8:13 PM [ in reply to So Spiller, Watkins, & Watson are the top 3 Fr he's seen?*** ]

but I have been watching the Tigers since 1959 and CJ and Sammy are the best Tigers I have ever seen, and it is not even close. I did see Watson three times at GHS, and barring injury, he will have the same explosive impact as the other two. It is great to be a Tiger.

Last QB he said this about was Kyle Parker. I will hold off

Apr 18, 2014, 10:31 PM [ in reply to Last guy he said this about was Watkins*** ]

On my anticipation for a little longer yet.

Kyle Parker was very good until speared in Auburn game

Apr 19, 2014, 3:06 AM

cracked a couple of ribs and not revealed until after the season. Have you ever had fractured ribs? I had one, and it was most painful with every breath and movement. And I am sure it did not help his baseball career. Kyle outplayed the now Seattle Qb a couple of times when he was at NC state. He was short but very good, and that dirty penalty cost us the game against the team that went on with Cam$$$ to the Nat. Championship.

Apr 18, 2014, 5:33 PM

but not good enough to start against Georgia...even with fall camp to come...?

hope the best QB is on the field, whoever that may b

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

He is not healthy or strong enough yet to start against Ga.

Apr 18, 2014, 7:48 PM

See what Dabo said about "220 lbs" - he needs to gain strength and weight. Cole will do great and Deshaun will R.S. barring injury! He has been injured last 2 of 3 times he played "live"!

Re: He is not healthy or strong enough yet to start against Ga.

Apr 18, 2014, 7:53 PM

i hope staff doesn't feel like they "have to" start anyone...play the best QB period

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Well, common sense says they are not going to start injury-

Apr 18, 2014, 8:21 PM

prone freshman until he is physically ready. Winston Red shirted, Johnny FB redshirted, Tajh redshirted!

Injury prone?????? He was injured ONE time in his high

Apr 18, 2014, 11:20 PM

school career. Starting every game during his 4 years in high school and accumulating over 17,000 yards of offense. Definately not injury prone since he was playing top line teams including the University of Buford as Dabo says. Korie Rogers in a prime example of players Watson faced. Definately needs some bulk like most players need when they reach college that is to be expected.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

However, that one game in H. S. was just a few months ago

Apr 19, 2014, 3:09 AM

and then again this spring - 2 of 3 times in his last 3 "live" performances. He needs to bulk up, and Dabo would like him at "220". I think he will be fine at 205 and if he can do that by fall, fine let him play, however I doubt it?

Re: However, that one game in H. S. was just a few months ago

Apr 19, 2014, 9:43 AM

He definitely needs to bulk up but injury prone isn't really what you should describe it as if his injury was always the same then id understand but an injury at the end of his hs season and then a collarbone fracture in the spring not exactly direct links to each other

hope that because of injuries at 2 diff. areas, he is NOT

Apr 19, 2014, 12:56 PM

injury prone? And that is bulks up and is never injured again! GO WATSON AND GO TIGERS!

isn't Stoudt listed at 205lbs?

Apr 19, 2014, 3:04 PM [ in reply to He is not healthy or strong enough yet to start against Ga. ]

if watson is that good what's 20 pounds?

Re: isn't Stoudt listed at 205lbs?

Apr 19, 2014, 3:17 PM

By my math, that's about 185 lbs. Not ideal if you're wanting to run the read option.

Apr 19, 2014, 3:39 PM

Yet Morris/Dabo are confident Stoudt can run the ball better than Boyd....at 205? They may want to rethink that strategy now that your back up is Nick Schuessler.

Apr 19, 2014, 5:12 PM

Well, if you knew what the hell you were talking about, it would be one thing. But you don't, so I won't mention how Stoudt is up in the 220 range.

And you keep talking smack about our situation despite your team getting drug last year. I guess that garbage time touchdown you guys got has given you the impression that you're closer to our level than you really are.

No, Nick Schuessler could beat your average team, too.

Stoudt is closer to 220 now.***

Apr 19, 2014, 10:45 PM [ in reply to isn't Stoudt listed at 205lbs? ]

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

What if............

Apr 18, 2014, 5:45 PM

when Chad Kelly showed his rear last Saturday, Deshaun could have come in and given an exhibition of the talent he possesses? Can you imagine? Too bad we didn't get that preview.

Re: What if... elephants could fly?***

Apr 18, 2014, 6:46 PM

Got the perfect one-----Watson played for the Gainesville

Apr 18, 2014, 11:55 PM

High School Red ELEPHANTS.

Definitley a letdown not getting to see him in the Spring

Apr 18, 2014, 8:07 PM

Game. Can't wait for this kid to suit up.

He is definately a high light film such as Sammy and KJ.***

Apr 18, 2014, 11:23 PM

Apr 18, 2014, 9:00 PM

Odds are he will be with us only 3 years. Lets get all we can from him if he's ready!

Apr 19, 2014, 9:25 AM

After he puts on some weight and gains the experience of this upcoming season I think we will be looking at one of the greatest in school history a step towards the top

A 'Sammy Watkins,' under center?

Apr 19, 2014, 9:34 AM

woohoo mofos

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: A 'Sammy Watkins,' under center? Not as strong as Sammy

Apr 19, 2014, 12:53 PM

yet - I expect him to get bigger and stronger, but Sammy had the strongest legs I have seen on a player that size, remember how he used to break arm tackles and run over them!

Replies: 43
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic