Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Fox News Ripping FFRF Attorney A New One (video)
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 26
| visibility 1

Fox News Ripping FFRF Attorney A New One (video)

Apr 18, 2014, 3:59 PM

http://video.foxnews.com/v/3482867393001/clemson-football-program-accused-of-christian-worship/?playlist_id=2694949841001#sp=show-clips

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Fox News Ripping FFRF Attorney A New One (video)

Apr 18, 2014, 4:01 PM

Also, CJ Spiller.

Apr 18, 2014, 4:07 PM

Not really that impressive considering the home field advantage the Fox lady had. In fact, the dude was able to stay on message despite the predetermined nature of where the conversation would go and the "gotcha" nature of the irrelevant question of whether a player has come forward with a complaint yet.

All Fox did was give him a platform, which is what they've wanted all along.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

She asked relevant questions and he tried not to answer

Apr 18, 2014, 4:10 PM

them. So there's that.

I do think it would have been more effective if they had interviewed some of the non-Christians that played under Swinney in the past (and thus would have no fear of speaking out).

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aspiring member of the TigerNet Sewer Dwellers

Bob you are mistaken,

Apr 18, 2014, 4:12 PM

we've only ever had Christian players on our Clemson varsity football team under Dabo. Don't you remember the great purge of '08 he did when hired?

Smh

Whatever you do, always give 100%.....unless it's donating blood

You are 100% karact!

Apr 18, 2014, 4:19 PM

So karact, in fact, that, although I may get blasted for this, I've come to the conclusion that these guys are actually working secretly FOR Clemson by making all these allegations.

Question for ambulance chasers, since all this has happened I've been eating an unusual amount of cheddar popcorn, is that a tax write-off since I've donated to Clemson?

Depends on how much

Apr 18, 2014, 4:22 PM

popcorn you've donated to Clemson and which departments. If it was the athletic department then no there's no tax write off since it's funded by donations and revenue brought in by merchandise/sports events.

If you donated said popcorn to the academic side then there is a tax write off

Thank you for that klairiffeyekayshun.

Apr 18, 2014, 4:27 PM

I understand you are paid hourly for your legal advice & I've forwarded said funds to your international lawyer's committee & also donated another 38 lbs of unpopped kernels to the FAFFRFA student financial aid branch that will distribute its goods to private Christian schools in order to further along Clemson's efforts to remain a, quote un-quote, public religion-free institution.

Amen.

Wait a minute. Dabo's first class was the "Dandy Dozen",

Apr 18, 2014, 4:37 PM

right? How many disciples were there again?

OMG my goodness.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-francismarion.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've played multiple sports and would bet any amount that I'm still more athletic than you at this present time...."

Re: She asked relevant questions and he tried not to answer

Apr 18, 2014, 4:17 PM [ in reply to She asked relevant questions and he tried not to answer ]

Well, I only watched the interview with the attorney part. Her point was that no players have complained, and although he didn't directly acknowledge that, he tried to steer things back to the issue of separation of public university and religion. No one learned anything new. I don't think the complaint ever said or implied that any players have come forward.

And yes, I would like to hear former players from different backgrounds. But even if there were no problems there, it ignores the potential for future problems IMO. All it takes is one player to say they feel uncomfortable --- maybe not in the past, but in the future.

I have an issue with one person feeling "uncomfortable"

Apr 18, 2014, 4:20 PM

over the thousands of past, current, and future players that grew as young men and appreciated the environment that they were coached under.

I understand your point but I think it's the vast minority vs. the majority, no one is making the athlete come play here or particiapte in anything.

Would you rather have your son play for Dabo or go play for that Syracuse coach and the culture he espouses?

Have a good weekend my friend

Message was edited by: CUtiger2012®

Re: I have an issue with one person feeling "uncomfortable"

Apr 18, 2014, 4:21 PM

That's how discrimination lawsuits often work. It only takes one person feeling uncomfortable for it to have merit, based on the presumption of minority status. Why would it be any different for religion in the setting of a public school?

I don't know the answer to that question, but it's worth thinking about.

Have a good weekend as well, boys. Waiting for all this to blow over.

That certainly would be an interesting discussion

Apr 18, 2014, 4:25 PM

I think and one that I'd always be up for by tmale so we don't distract the boreds too much

:)

Re: I have an issue with one person feeling "uncomfortable"

Apr 18, 2014, 5:05 PM [ in reply to I have an issue with one person feeling "uncomfortable" ]

Lord ....not the jingling keys.....I can't take it......

Apr 18, 2014, 4:19 PM [ in reply to Re: Fox News Ripping FFRF Attorney A New One (video) ]

I liked it...I personally believe that a religion whether it be Christianity, Muslim, Hindu, Jewish, etc. gives the believer a correct way to the live their life. Dabo is Christian, let him say what he feels. And every coach is going to put in the best player at the end of the day, if they can put them in the better position to win the game so that's dumb for someone to mention.

I think the relevancy of that question

Apr 18, 2014, 4:40 PM [ in reply to Re: Fox News Ripping FFRF Attorney A New One (video) ]

Is not that "since no one complained, there is no bad action" as that is not a legally sound principle. Rather, I think the point made with that question is "If no one has said they were coerced by inappropriate religious action, why do you think, from an outsider's view you know about the inner workings of the team".

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

bless your heart, you fool***

Apr 18, 2014, 5:47 PM [ in reply to Re: Fox News Ripping FFRF Attorney A New One (video) ]

Earhardt is a SCar graduate. Good to see she

Apr 18, 2014, 4:19 PM

is putting principle first in her eyes.

Re: Earhardt is a SCar graduate. Good to see she

Apr 18, 2014, 4:21 PM

she's hot too ;)

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

And married to Will Proctor. Perhaps his greatest

Apr 18, 2014, 4:27 PM

success on or off the field.....

"You shall know the truth, & the truth shall make you free."***

Apr 18, 2014, 4:32 PM

I like this lady reporter a LOT***

Apr 18, 2014, 5:34 PM

We need to hire her.
This whole nonsense will end up being a GREAT benefit to our TIGERS. The more I hear, the more I like Coach S and the kids he brings into Clemson. I bet we have gained thousands of followers because of this action.

What are the odds that someone with feathers started this?Another reason to kick their feathered #### come November. GO DABO AND GO TIGERS~

Glad Clemson was defended but this is just another example

Apr 18, 2014, 5:44 PM

of how completely biased and unprofessional Fox is. It's like that soccer movie when Rocky tries to beat the Nazis. No chance.

I believe that anybody who can't see how biased Fox is a dangerous person.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Glad Clemson was defended but this is just another example

Apr 18, 2014, 6:43 PM

They are all biased. Main stream media is bought and paid for by one side or the other.

MSNBC/CNN= Fox but other side of the isle.

null

Fox was around along time before MSNBC decided to stop...

Apr 18, 2014, 7:19 PM

trying to out fox Fox, and go with a liberal slant. And CNN is still trying to out fox Fox.

Hot conservatives babes and positive towards Clemson.

Apr 18, 2014, 5:58 PM

PERFECT!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I was young, I was sure of many things; now there are only two things of which I am sure: one is, that I am a miserable sinner; and the other, that Christ is an all-sufficient Saviour. He is well-taught who learns these two lessons." -John Newton

Pathetic when Gretchen Carlson can shake your argument down***

Apr 18, 2014, 7:15 PM

Replies: 26
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic