Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Happy Good Friday!
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 8
| visibility 574

Happy Good Friday!

Apr 18, 2014, 7:32 AM

Am I still allowed to say that, on a message board?

I still have not seen answers to several obvious questions regarding the FFRF:

1) Why Clemson? And why only Clemson? There are several other schools that I can think of who could easily be substituted for or included with Clemson in this complaint.
2) Why now? The alleged "offenses" happened months ago, even years ago, but the complaint comes now, at the end of spring practice, right after the Kelly affair, and as recruiting momentum is building. Why not during the Bowden or Hatfield regimes, when we had evangelicals in charge?
3) why did a Wisconsin based organization initiate this process, and not a player or group of players who took issue with Dabo's methods?

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

And Happy Good Friday back to you!***

Apr 18, 2014, 8:39 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonormyfavorange.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Happy Good Friday to you, also.

Apr 18, 2014, 8:41 AM

Good Friday - The Day Death Died! Soli Deo Gloria!

And, here is why the FFRF is attacking Christians -

18 “If the world hates you, keep in mind that it hated me first. 19 If you belonged to the world, it would love you as its own. As it is, you do not belong to the world, but I have chosen you out of the world. That is why the world hates you. 20 Remember what I told you: ‘A servant is not greater than his master.’ If they persecuted me, they will persecute you also. If they obeyed my teaching, they will obey yours also. 21 They will treat you this way because of my name, for they do not know the one who sent me. 22 If I had not come and spoken to them, they would not be guilty of sin; but now they have no excuse for their sin. 23 Whoever hates me hates my Father as well. 24 If I had not done among them the works no one else did, they would not be guilty of sin. As it is, they have seen, and yet they have hated both me and my Father. 25 But this is to fulfill what is written in their Law: ‘They hated me without reason.’

- John 15:18-25

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I was young, I was sure of many things; now there are only two things of which I am sure: one is, that I am a miserable sinner; and the other, that Christ is an all-sufficient Saviour. He is well-taught who learns these two lessons." -John Newton

Well last year they made Pickens county look like a

Apr 18, 2014, 8:44 AM

bunch of spineless cowards, so maybe while their sights were set on the area they noticed lil ole Clemson and decided to get us too or thought we wouldn't have a backbone either

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Whatever you do, always give 100%.....unless it's donating blood

YES! It is a wonderful GOOD FRIDAY, thanks to JESUS!!!

Apr 18, 2014, 8:52 AM

So glad the FFRF is helping CHRISTIANS everywhere to get more attention and a much larger platform to spread the GOOD NEWS of Christ! <'///><~~~<3

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Happy Good Friday!

Apr 18, 2014, 8:52 AM

1) biggest we have grown in national presence and Dabo is getting more and more national exposure. Other schools and organizations have been targeted by this group before. Also, this org is also small so they can only do so much at a time. As far as college football teams I'm having a hard time thinking of a better target. What are the public schools you can think of that are better targets? I can't think of one. Granted, my sphere of knowledge is limited to a handful of schools.

2) This is happening now because Clemson has become a bigger target. Also with social media it is possible for small groups to create a lot of noise. I'm sure Clemson has received many ( or several) complaints over the years. However, it is tougher to keep quiet now.

3),why Wisconsin? Why not? This is group who is feels their mission is to remove religion where they think it legally does not belong anywhere. Also much easier to bring a complaint from far away. Can you imagine the repercussions if a local legal group brought action and by a current player? They would be ostracized and probably much worse.

And yes, I'm observing Good Friday and will be worshiping on Sunday. I just don't have the concussion as to why this is happening to our beloved University.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Glad you don't have a concussion

Apr 18, 2014, 9:46 AM

GO TIGERS

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The answer is in Job Ch 1

Apr 18, 2014, 9:09 AM

My paraphrase: basically, Satan is roaming around with nothing to do, bored, and comes to a family meeting of sorts, and says, "Hey, God, have you thought about this guy Job (school Clemson)? They look like things are going up and up, but maybe they'll curse God if I make some adversity hit."

So permission is granted.

Not that I call this near as bad as adversity as Job had, but you get the point.

Re: The answer is in Job Ch 1

Apr 18, 2014, 9:58 AM

so.. clemson=Job? Maybe against USC...

Replies: 8
| visibility 574
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic