Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Tell me why...............
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 19
| visibility 1

Tell me why...............

Apr 18, 2014, 1:43 AM

the agenda of at least 78% of Americans is being silenced while the agenda of less than 1% of Americans makes headlines every day?

Sign of the times?

GO CDS! GO TIGERS!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Tell me why...............

Apr 18, 2014, 1:46 AM

I agree with the gist of your post, but the reality is that we value minority rights in this country. If it weren't for that, we would have a tyranny of the majority in every facet of life. I think FFRF should mind their own #### business until, at a bare minimum, someone files a complaint, but I do think it is good to have a regular debates on issues like separation of church and state.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

True, but not minority rule. If you don't like a school with

Apr 18, 2014, 7:35 AM

Christian morals and leadership, go to Arizona State or wherever. If you don't want to own a gun, move to Chicago, DC, Jersey, but don't try to take mine. If you want your 18 year old kid to walk to 7-11 and buy weed, move to Colorado. Etc. Etc.

i don't like the way my grass looks. true

Apr 18, 2014, 9:40 AM

I could just move to a new house with grass I like, or I can try to change mine.

Move if you don't like it is NOT the american way. If you defend your right to own a gun you should also defend the right of some one else to outlaw guns.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

Why is it so hard to understand that they don't get to

Apr 18, 2014, 1:52 AM

promote their religion when they are acting as agents of the state!!!

Then NO ISLAMISTS should be in any government position

Apr 18, 2014, 2:47 AM

...because their insistence on special provisions for their faith and daily prayers would be alienating and/or a form of public display or proselytizing of their religion. Correct?

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Wouldn't most Christians

Apr 18, 2014, 4:01 AM

getting the day off on Sunday to worship fall into the same category?

yes and mo. special provisions are ok. if they

Apr 18, 2014, 9:36 AM [ in reply to Then NO ISLAMISTS should be in any government position ]

Are organizing and promoting. .then they should be reprimanded.

When I used to walk around with ash on my forehead I was simply excersing my religious beliefs, no probLem. If I walked around trying to get every one to do the same, problem.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

Apr 18, 2014, 2:06 AM

The only agenda these organizations have is equal rights. They don't care if Dabo or any of his players are religious.

The problems arise when a coach, or any other person in a position of power working for the government coerces those under him to follow that religion as well. As a state employee, Dabo must allow an environment where everyone is treated equally - that means no team trips to church, no chaplain selected by the coach, and no baptisms during practice.

Players are most certainly allowed to attend FCA meetings, or any other religious functions of their own volition, but they cannot be influenced by an authority figure working for the school.

BTW, using your logic, Jim Crow laws would still be enforced and women likely wouldn't be able to vote. After all, the majority should always rule, right?

Apr 18, 2014, 3:17 AM

I agree with your views of the faulty nature of majority wins, but you are absurdly nearsighted to think that the agenda of groups like the FFRF is simply equality. Just a cursory web search of this organization unearths the truth about their motives. They are an aggressive atheist group that is working hard to eradicate theistic thought I particular and any non-naturalistic worldview in general. You need to look no further than their own website and the plethora of legal action and billboard marketing they do. Please don't oversteer in your response.

Apr 18, 2014, 3:40 AM

Notice in the letter they sent to Clemson that they never said that Dabo should become an atheist. They never said that the university should hire an atheist coach. They simply said he needs to use discretion in his role, and not push his beliefs on his players. I know exactly what the FFRF's stance is - I've read the co-founder Dan Barker's book where he details what his views are, and what his foundation is all about.

I find it hilarious that you tell me not to "oversteer" in my response, because the past few days T-net has been one big knee-jerk reaction by the Christians on this site. You think we want to force you to become atheist. The fact is we couldn't care less what you believe, so long as you don't force your beliefs into the government or our homes.

Apr 18, 2014, 3:55 AM

My honest question to you is, do you not think that it is just as uncomfortable and forceful for an atheist to ask a Christian to completely remove any indications of his faith or practice of faith from his vocation as it is for a Christian to ask an atheist to remove any indication of his naturalistic worldview and practice of said worldview from his vocation? It is impossible to compartmentalizations one's worldview from one's day to day life (family, vocational, community, etc.) and be a wholistic being. And actually the FFRC wants Clemson to fire Dabo. That is clear in the interviews.

Apr 18, 2014, 4:10 AM

While Annie Laurie Gaylor may have said she would like to see Dabo fired in an interview, nothing of that sort was in the letter to Clemson, and if a lawsuit was brought, I highly doubt the FFRF would attempt to have him fired through force of law. That's simply not the way things work.

The only thing I can say to your point about removing faith from vocation is don't be a government employee if you aren't able to do so. There are plenty of coaches in college sports who are able to do this and still hold to Christian beliefs. School teachers do it everyday.

Apr 18, 2014, 6:25 AM

Of course there was nothing in the letter about "having Dabo fired" because they have to make sure they remain within the "current bastardized" legal determination of what the Constitution says in the 1st Amendment. When you then make statements as Ms. Gaylor made outside of the "legal letter of complaint"that Dabo needs to be fired, your intentions are very clear.

badge-donor-10yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Are you saying school teachers aren't government employees?

Apr 18, 2014, 9:39 AM [ in reply to Re: Tell me why............... ]

You mean private school teachers?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aspiring member of the TigerNet Sewer Dwellers

You get that off their website?***

Apr 18, 2014, 10:00 AM [ in reply to Re: Tell me why............... ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

inflammatory hogwash

Apr 18, 2014, 9:57 AM

first, no one has been silenced..the group has simply written a letter to clemson, asking that they stop what the group sees as proseletyzing..

and secondly, i'm a vocal dabo supporter and a Christian..i am very proud of the program dabo is building and the kind of young men we try to attract..but i do not want any public entity supporting Christianity over any other individual religion..a major reason many founding fathers came to this country is for freedom from the tyranny of government-sanctioned (Christian) religion.

so long as it is made clear that there will be no preferential treatment for Christians, and believers/non-believers suffer no consequences for not participating in Christian activities, no problem.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

GoTiguhs!!

^^^^^

Apr 18, 2014, 9:59 AM

What he said.

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yes. Everybody has 'freedom of choice'... coaches, players,

Apr 18, 2014, 10:13 AM [ in reply to inflammatory hogwash ]

administrators, support staff, etc. If it wasn't that way, there would have been an outcry from within Clemson long before these 'sniffers' came along.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'll put it this way.

Apr 18, 2014, 9:59 AM

Christ ignore politics and so did every one of his Apostles along with the first church.

In consideration of that I express an opinion here. I consider it a waste of time and energy to argue and fight against other fleshly critters. I consider them ignorant and obstinate enough to remain that way. I'm willing to teach one who takes to teaching but I'm not learning anybody anything.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 19
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic