Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
My two cents on the Kelly Situation
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 12
| visibility 1,159

My two cents on the Kelly Situation

Apr 17, 2014, 2:03 PM

First I hope he gets it together and can return to this team, or find a good fit elsewhere where he will be held accountable to his actions and grow as a person.

Second, I for one second do not doubt that this is also an indicator that Watson will be ready to go this year, and or they feel confident in Nick S. While keeping discipline on the team teaching accountability are important, these coaches still get paid millions to win games. They would not have let Kelly go if they did not feel the other 3 could win and win big.

Now comparing Kelly to Watson. Watson had to grow up in a hurry, he was the man of the house and watched and helped his mother battle cancer. I imagine this has given him a tremendous level of maturity and perspective at such a young age and i am sure has everything to do with his attitude and being "grateful" to have a chance to compete. He also learned at a young age that life can be cruel and does not always work out the way you want it. This is a tough lesson we all have to learn in order to become adults.

On the other hand, Kelly was raised with a sense of entitlement. He came up in what most would consider the ideal home, both with money and influential and successful family members driving him. But at some point his success did not have to be earned, although this is not to take away from his tremendous talent and hard work he has put in. But he just could not seem to handle the notion that he may never be the starter at Clemson and that undermined his inner belief that he was in some how destined, or deserved to be the starter. I think this affected his attitude tremendously, especially with all the Attention Watson is getting from the media and his team mates.

This will be a tough lesson, and one that unfortunately should have happened sooner than his 3rd year in the program.

Watson truly believes in his heart that he is blessed to be a part of this team, and that he is not guaranteed success. This will drive and motivate him in the right way, and will mold him into the kind of leader that you want in the heat of battle.

I do not blame Kelly for one second for his up bringing, it is how he responds that will be important in defining the rest of his life.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: My two cents on the Kelly Situation

Apr 17, 2014, 2:05 PM

He won't return....hint one, did Chad Kelly issue the apology, or did the Kelly "family"?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 17, 2014, 2:06 PM

yep pretty telling. I wish him good luck, elsewhere.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 17, 2014, 2:11 PM

Agreed...hope he gets his head on straight after this...just don't see it with our team anymore. Hope to hear some good news with the kid over time, more so than we did with Bellamy.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 17, 2014, 3:27 PM [ in reply to Re: My two cents on the Kelly Situation ]

with the Kelly Bryant commitment coming immediately after, I would have to agree that he is not expected to return.

I may be naiive

Apr 17, 2014, 2:24 PM

but I think Dabo would have still dismissed him regardless of the QB situation. If the team fails and he loses his job based on the dismissal of Kelly, I bet Dabo would still think he did the right thing.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-willmo.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cat on a tin roof, dogs in a pile,
Nothin' left to do but smile, smile, smile!!!!

Agree***

Apr 17, 2014, 2:35 PM

"Clemson Is Coming" says Stephone Anthony (Class 2011)"
"Why NOT Clemson"
"Why Not Dabo"

I hope Kelly gets it together as well. As for Watson,

Apr 17, 2014, 2:41 PM

there is no doubt in my mind that he will not only play this year, but will play specifically for the purpose of gaining experience and preparing to take the helm next year. Obviously, coaches won't play him if he's not ready, and he could win the job outright at some point, but I think they will be looking for opportunities to get him experience at the very least.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

QB an't the issue. Beating USC is the Issue.

Apr 17, 2014, 2:45 PM

QB an't the issue. Beating USC is the Issue. If we lose to USC again this year it's time to change coaches not QBs. From a very old tiger fan.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: QB an't the issue. Beating USC is the Issue.

Apr 17, 2014, 2:51 PM

gosh, i thought qb was the issue in this thread. silly me.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I didn't know we played Southern Cal, but it wold be

Apr 17, 2014, 3:20 PM [ in reply to QB an't the issue. Beating USC is the Issue. ]

great if we beat them.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

Apr 17, 2014, 2:50 PM

that was a very nice novel you just wrote right therebut there is a less than zero chance mr swag is allowed back on the team. zero, zilch, nada. mr swag made his bed in coach swinneys office monday afternoon and there are no do overs for what happened in there. sorry to bust your bubble.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

What Ed Zachary happened in there?

Apr 17, 2014, 3:23 PM

I never saw it reported.

- H. L. Mencken

Replies: 12
| visibility 1,159
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic