Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Clemson football players are a self-selecting group...
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 2
| visibility 334

Clemson football players are a self-selecting group...

Apr 17, 2014, 9:36 AM

They know what they're getting into when they join the football team. No one is forcing them to come play football with the openly-Christian Dabo Swinney, and even once they're on the football team, no one is forcing them to partake in any religious activities. Dabo provides information when asked, and he offers players opportunities to pray if and when they feel inclined to do so. He has also had no complaints from non-Christians on the team stating they felt uncomfortable or pressured. All of the non-practice activities are optional.

I don't see how this is any different than a school having an FCA Club or a college offering a religious studies course as an elective. This isn't a situation where people are forced to be there. This is a self-selected group of individuals who are signing up for what Coach Swinney stands for and how he runs his program.

Coach Swinney is merely the leader of a group of young men who are choosing to improve their lives on and off the field by joining the Clemson football team. The FFRF needs to just shut up because they have no case here because nothing is being forced upon any individual at Clemson. No one has been harmed here. Students at public institutions have the right to join and form clubs or groups where prayer is encouraged and religious texts and topics are discussed. That's why this isn't going to court, and why Clemson is right to just ignore this group of loony wackos.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I don't see how it's different than my post below

Apr 17, 2014, 9:39 AM

Except maybe the difference between the Clemson football team and the United States Senate. Other than that....sounds exactly the same, if not more "victimizing" in the Senate.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-tiggity-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I agree, they'd have a better case against the Senate...

Apr 17, 2014, 9:44 AM

There's no other Senate for politicians to choose to attend. If they want to be a Senator, they have to join the only Senate there is. High school football players have 100's of college choices.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 2
| visibility 334
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic