Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Odds of Chad Kelly Being Reinstated
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 22
| visibility 2,447

Odds of Chad Kelly Being Reinstated

Apr 17, 2014, 12:34 AM

I mean it was one mess up. Chad is reportedly staying at school this semester. Do you think he could do something to get reinstated. I believe it was premature. Kids act like this all the time. Its part of growing up. I guess he just has to live with mistake.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Odds of Chad Kelly Being Reinstated

Apr 17, 2014, 12:59 AM

It wasn't "one mess up"... as Dabo said, it was a "pattern" of behavior that was detrimental to the team. Even if he had a complete change of heart, I don't see why he'd want to come back. With Stout named as starter, and Watson waiting in the wings to take over next year, Kelly has almost zero chance to play outside of injuries. He'll likely finish this semester and then transfer somewhere that isn't as stacked at QB.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

a coot stirring the pot....just leave it alone***

Apr 17, 2014, 6:41 AM

Apr 17, 2014, 1:17 AM

I don't think he is going to be allowed back on the team. It would be crazy for him to not finish the semester. Finals should be in about two weeks.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Zero

Apr 17, 2014, 1:30 AM

Dabo made it clear that he's already had enough chances to clean up his act (a pattern of behavior is not just one screwup).

Move on.

A Snowballs Chance

Apr 17, 2014, 2:03 AM

Chad Kelly not only created issues at Clemson. He created issues in his former High School where he was dismissed 2 years in a row from his team for having a pattern of bad behavior. Before even coming to Clemson he was reflecting an arrogant attitude towards members of the team. While at Clemson he had several doings that inflamed several Professors and Fellow Students. During team functions he acted like a total attention hog with plenty of drama to go along with it. It was to such a degree that I know of two team members that are impact players that would rather transfer than to deal with his poor leadership skills. A QB is supposed to lead his team by example with humility and honor. Chad Kelly was the opposite of that. He was selfish and put his image before the needs of the team. I've spoken to several team members that have confirmed his actions to be unprofessional on and off the field on a consistent basis. Though, he is apologetic of his actions I do not feel he is truly regretful of his actions. He is regretful that he is being held accountable for them. His outburst were a thing of constant sorrows for those on the team that believe in the vision that Dabo has striven for. From nothing to number 1 is what Dabo is working on. Chad Kelly's level of maturity is like carrying around a 1000lbs weight. In other words, Chad Kelly had plenty of friends on the team but they are almost relieved to have him gone. They were friends off the field, but his work ethic was frustrating in their eyes. I for one do not expect a coach who has brought notoriety back to Clemson to bow down to a player just because his uncle is in the NFL Hall of Fame. I said it before, and I will say it again, "NEXT MAN UP". It's time to count our blessings and just move on.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Our country won't go on forever, if we stay soft as we are now. There won't be any America because some foreign soldiery will invade us and take our women and breed a hardier race.

~Chesty Puller
Lt.General United States Marine Corps

Very High

Apr 17, 2014, 2:13 AM

To:

Cincy
UConn
S. Florida
Ole Miss

-Doc

2005_ncaa_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I've been wrong two times, but this isn't one of them.

Apr 17, 2014, 3:48 AM

Odds:
1)A snowballs chance!
2)Raising the Titanic!
3)Man on Mars by end of decade.
4)Me winning The Masters!!
5)Clowney not being a top 5 pick!
6)Jerry Jones hiring a football G.M.
7)South Carolina becoming an unionized state.
8)Tom Brady not being elected to the HOF on the first ballot.
9)Jack Leggett getting fired!
And the 10th odd against reinstatement ;Letterman taking over The Tonight Show ,and Leno taking over Lettermans gig!

Chad who? haha***

Apr 17, 2014, 5:58 AM

slurrier was very desperate and that's why he gave carkeya

Apr 17, 2014, 6:43 AM

so many chances but like MANY other things.....there's a difference between the two schools

excellent.***

Apr 17, 2014, 6:58 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 17, 2014, 7:02 AM

He'll be back

Apr 17, 2014, 7:10 AM

care to wager on that one.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 17, 2014, 7:19 AM

Zero %. Final exams probably next week and he's gone.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

- 10%

Apr 17, 2014, 7:55 AM

If you can have 110%...

absolute ZERO

Apr 17, 2014, 7:57 AM

JUCO bound for a year

That's cold.***

Apr 17, 2014, 9:30 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Zilch

Apr 17, 2014, 9:34 AM

I have a feeling there WAS a physical altercation or something in the neighborhood. No second chances for that, under any circumstances.

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Zilch

Apr 17, 2014, 10:14 AM

there was no physical altercation...that is just ridiculous....however, Chad had picked a destination and will be leaving in early May. I cannot disclose location because i was asked not to. But it is a JUCO.

I've got a better chance of winning the lottery than

Apr 17, 2014, 8:31 AM

young Mr. Kelly has of being re-instated to the football team.

I want to ask if you think Swinney, Morris, and Scott didn't consider ALL the ramifications of releasing Kelly before actually doing so???

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Only Dabo knows***

Apr 17, 2014, 8:33 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

He's done at Clemson period.***

Apr 17, 2014, 8:59 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

LOL

Apr 17, 2014, 9:28 AM

"I believe it was premature"

I assume you must be privy to more information than the rest of us fans for you to draw such a conclusion? I mean, it would seem odd to me for you, without knowing the details, to really draw that conclusion.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 22
| visibility 2,447
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic