Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
I submit for your consideration....
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 8
| visibility 1

I submit for your consideration....

Apr 16, 2014, 9:15 AM

that the FFRF is by definition a religious institution making it's objection invalid.
Religion is defined as: a specific fundamental set of beliefs and practices generally agreed upon by a number of persons or sects:
Look at their website and history. They are parellel to most religions in many ways. They have patriarchs and matriarchs as well as basic beliefs which they all agree.
We should be writing them letters demanding they stand down because they are promoting their "religion" over everyone elses which violates the aforementioned constitutional principle.
Basically the belief that their is no god is still a belief and therefore a religion. It requires just as much if not more faith, commitment, etc to believe there is no god.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

maybe I'm wrong

Apr 16, 2014, 9:26 AM

But I don't think their objection is to religion. If so your objection to thier objection is invalid.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

FFR = Freedom from Religion

Apr 16, 2014, 9:29 AM

However, based on the definition this gentleman just provided, they can in fact be considered a religion....

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Clemson has been historically better than Carolina. That's pretty obvious." - Classof09

"No one knew we were overhyped until the season started." - Classof09

but that wasn't their objection

Apr 16, 2014, 9:43 AM

They did not send a letter stating Clemson is at fault for having students who are religious.

Their objection is people being forced to be religious or the use of public resources being used for religious pRomotIon. In just guessing by what I have read here. I haven't read thier letter.

The irony of their name based off this definition is irrelevant.

Now, if they were using public funds to send these letters or promote thier ideas then thier objection would be hypocritical at least.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

they probably should change their name...

Apr 16, 2014, 9:29 AM [ in reply to maybe I'm wrong ]

I have a confuse

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-franc1968.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Anarchists of the world....UNIONIZE!!!!!!

Apr 16, 2014, 9:34 AM

That kind of irony?

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather did, in his sleep -- not screaming, like the passengers in his car."

"I don't suffer from insanity. I enjoy every minute of it."

Re: Anarchists of the world....UNIONIZE!!!!!!

Apr 16, 2014, 9:44 AM

Exactly! The very nature of man whether you believe in god or not is to be religious! We are either religious or zealous in our belief as we are in our unbelief! It is a part of who we are and cannot be seperated by will or lawsuits. They are a religion by definition. Making their devoted, dogmatic, dyed in the wool, stiff necked, legalistic, uncompromising followers loyalists!
Sound familiar?

Re: I submit for your consideration....

Apr 16, 2014, 9:45 AM

DERP

Re: I submit for your consideration....

Apr 16, 2014, 10:18 AM

Agree!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 8
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic