Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Just got back from DRAFT DAY the movie. Coulda' been a
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 4
| visibility

Just got back from DRAFT DAY the movie. Coulda' been a

Apr 11, 2014, 8:15 PM

great movie. As it was, it was enjoyable enough. If you like that sort of thing, if you liked Moneyball..then you will like this movie.

One of the feature draftees is a supposed FSU running back, and every highlight that is shown is against Clemson.

The other key players involve Wisconsin and Ohio State, and they do paint OSU in a better light than Wisconsin.

Overall, it is a little over the top. The trades are far-fetched. The interpersonal backdrop is OK, but you can really feel the hand of the NFL all over it, trying not to really show any team as a winner or loser(well, maybe Jacksonville).

The concept is really good and I think a new movie genre', between Moneyball and Draft-Day, may have been created.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather did, in his sleep -- not screaming, like the passengers in his car."

"I don't suffer from insanity. I enjoy every minute of it."

Interesting

Apr 11, 2014, 8:23 PM

I didn't think it looked very good at all......looked way over the top. That's just me tho

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'm not neccessarily reccomending that you run out to the

Apr 11, 2014, 9:07 PM

theatre to see it. It is a bit contrived and hokie. Dennis Leary as head coach is laughable and Jennifer Garner in a love interest role with Kevin Costner is a bit uncomfortable too.

But the movie is still watchable and the inside interactions are interesting to watch. Like I said, I would reccomend it for Fantasy football fans and guys who like developing a Franchise on Madden.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather did, in his sleep -- not screaming, like the passengers in his car."

"I don't suffer from insanity. I enjoy every minute of it."

doesn't look good to me. A moneyball wannabe***

Apr 11, 2014, 9:09 PM

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I will see it, but will wait till DVD***

Apr 11, 2014, 9:11 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 4
| visibility
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic