Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
FB Update: Clemson football sets new attendance record
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 19
| visibility 1

FB Update: Clemson football sets new attendance record

Feb 11, 2014, 3:46 PM

Clemson football sets new attendance record

Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"The fun is in the winning!" Keep it up, GO TIGERS!***

Feb 11, 2014, 3:51 PM

Time to move the capacity from 81.500 to 90,000 by adding

Feb 11, 2014, 3:51 PM

a measley 8,500 seats. Take advantage of the low interest rates and add those seats. Games with FSU, South Carolina and Notre Dame once every 6 years, plus big sellers like Georgia Tech, NC State, Louisville and the non-conference big game like an Auburn, Georgia, will see to it that we build to the attendance. Also, the opening game and homecoming are big sellers.

don't forget the Marching 101!***

Feb 11, 2014, 4:02 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

don't forget the Marching 101!***

Feb 11, 2014, 4:02 PM [ in reply to Time to move the capacity from 81.500 to 90,000 by adding ]

Re: Time to move the capacity from 81.500 to 90,000 by adding

Feb 11, 2014, 4:11 PM [ in reply to Time to move the capacity from 81.500 to 90,000 by adding ]

I agree Clemson could support more seats but where would they go? I can't imagine the north or south stands to be able to add anymore seats. You could expand the west end zone some. Also the could add stands above the hill although I imagine there would be a ton of resistance to that.

Feb 11, 2014, 5:35 PM

I think it would look bad A$$ to have stands above the hill and have the team come out under them to rub the rock and run down the hill. It would complete the Stadium on all sides. I vote for this!!

Feb 12, 2014, 9:14 AM

That would be a real challenge, especially since the symetrical position for those stands would be right where the players run.

Feb 11, 2014, 4:32 PM [ in reply to Time to move the capacity from 81.500 to 90,000 by adding ]

OR MAYBE WE COULD start filling up the lesser games and making the bigger games a tougher ticket.

Plus, we'd need extra seats for the extra ACC game

Feb 11, 2014, 4:43 PM [ in reply to Time to move the capacity from 81.500 to 90,000 by adding ]

Oh, nevermind!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 3, 2022, 7:01 PM [ in reply to Time to move the capacity from 81.500 to 90,000 by adding ]

Anybody know what expansions like this run? The problem is that there's no good place to add seats. The WEZ was just redone. We're not messing with the hill and the stadium is pretty much symetrical.

Also, how many games would we have filled up 90K? I can think of 2 last year, 1 or 2 next year, and 2 the following year. Ga-FSU, usc-e, ND-FSU. That's additional ticket revenue of around a half million for each of those games, say $3M to round up. We'd also add a few tickets for other games, but these won't be premium seats that we're clamoring for.

Wow would have never expected that looking at the schedule

Feb 11, 2014, 4:15 PM

2 FCS teams and a thursday night game, you would think we would take a drop in attendence

Brad Brownell: more losses than any other coach in school history.

Notice there was no mention of record revenue.***

Feb 11, 2014, 4:20 PM

Those figures are inflated with ticket package tie ins and Sunday School ticket giveaways. There were tons of empty seats at several games this year.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Notice there was no mention of record revenue.***

Feb 11, 2014, 4:25 PM

I thought the attendance numbers were taking from the amount of tickets that were scanned at the gate, I know the SC state game was technically a sell out, but like you said there were a number of empty seats.

Brad Brownell: more losses than any other coach in school history.

Feb 11, 2014, 4:36 PM

Where is the article? I would like to see the rankings.

Feb 11, 2014, 5:45 PM [ in reply to Notice there was no mention of record revenue.*** ]

Wow great point! This is probably the first year ever with ticket giveaways and we are probably the only school to do so.

Hmm...is someone padding stats?

Feb 11, 2014, 5:56 PM

And, I'm not talking about Clemson:

http://www.postandcourier.com/article/20140211/PC20/140219847/1032/south-carolina-edges-clemson-in-2013-football-attendance-both-schools-in-top-15-nationally

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"It is not part of a true culture to tame tigers any more than it is to make sheep ferocious."
--Henry David Thoreau

Re: Hmm...is someone padding stats?

Feb 11, 2014, 10:41 PM

No way UF averaged 87 this past season. They had games were literally half the stadium was empty

Re: FB Update: Clemson football sets new attendance record

Feb 11, 2014, 6:59 PM

We need to start selling out the doomsday corners on a regular basis before we start expanding the capacity of the stadium. Yes, we could sell more tickets to FSU, UGA, and similar games, but adding seats at this point would be a really expensive undertaking, since the only available location is really above the West Endzone (the new military heritage garden and memorial on the Hill side basically ensures that expansion won't happen on that side.

Of course, we could always appeal to the fire marshal to let us change the rated capacity of the Hill. There used to be several thousand more "seats" due to that. If I'm not mistaken, we added seating with the WEZ project and lost capacity because that was around the time they cut the number of Hill tickets issued.

Re: FB Update: Clemson football sets new attendance record

Feb 11, 2014, 10:11 PM

Correct me if I am wrong but I remember adding the West end zone limited the number for attendance. When we had the hills flanking the West I remember hearing that was the most ever! So how is this. Anyway it us ALL GOOD!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 19
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic