Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
FB Update: Tajh Boyd ranked #4 QB at Senior Bowl
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 8
| visibility 2,064

FB Update: Tajh Boyd ranked #4 QB at Senior Bowl

Jan 26, 2014, 5:57 PM

Tajh Boyd ranked #4 QB at Senior Bowl

Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: FB Update: Tajh Boyd ranked #4 QB at Senior Bowl

Jan 26, 2014, 7:46 PM

With NFL coaching and some patience,I think Taj will evolve into a credible NFL QB-we already know he is a terrific leader and person!

Re: FB Update: Tajh Boyd ranked #4 QB at Senior Bowl

Jan 27, 2014, 8:10 AM

When he was a rssophmore he was throwing into tight windows.... I do not think the North Squad had the receivers or the OL to help Tahj show his stuff... the DE Ford from Auburn already had 2 sacks when I fell asleep

Re: Re: FB Update: Tajh Boyd ranked #4 QB at Senior Bowl

Jan 27, 2014, 8:22 AM

I agree, the defense was for the South was a total mismatch for the O line, the QB's had no time to do anything, still curious why he didn't play in the 2nd half.

I knew the O-line for the north would be terrible...

Jan 27, 2014, 8:54 AM [ in reply to Re: FB Update: Tajh Boyd ranked #4 QB at Senior Bowl ]

and Tajh would get sacked when I saw the guy in the Ohio State helmet head out onto the field.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Should NOT have played. No time 4 chemistry. He needs that.***

Jan 27, 2014, 8:46 AM

Re: Should NOT have played. No time 4 chemistry. He needs that.***

Jan 27, 2014, 11:54 AM

Chemistry between WR and QB is essential and in a short week practice game of all stars like the senior bowl that chemistry is hard to develop. I believe that is where the true talent is shown, if you can connect and succeed with WR you have no chemistry with then you have some special talent. Tajh not being able to do this well will mean the team that drafts him will be wanting him to sit for several seasons before he gets a shot in order to build chemistry with his fellow players. I believe this is why he was so good in college, much more family atmosphere and bonds are built quickly between fellow players. NFL is all business and that connection is harder to develop between QB and WR.

Re: Should NOT have played. No time 4 chemistry. He needs that.***

Jan 27, 2014, 3:49 PM

If he needs a family atmosphere in the NFL, he's screwed. That's a business, either perform, show promise or start pursuing another career. They don't care if he's saint or a jacka$$, they want return on investment.

Scouts care less about "chemistry" than drills and mechanics

Jan 27, 2014, 1:07 PM [ in reply to Should NOT have played. No time 4 chemistry. He needs that.*** ]

And most reports mimic what the writer of the linked article said. What hurt him the most by the time the game came around was the way he overthrew everyone on long plays. Still did well on short throws including a few he had to thread. Regardless of why, I'm betting scouts notice it. The "why" for me is that he had gotten so used to a number of fast receivers from Nuk onward running under his balls. He overthrew those guys in spells, too.

He still has the combine and Pro Day (will Clemson have one??) to show off skills and mechanics again. Every chance he goes 3rd/4th rounds. And probably as a backup in training.

Replies: 8
| visibility 2,064
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic