Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Football Update: Quick notes on Danny Ford press conference
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 7
| visibility 2,313

Football Update: Quick notes on Danny Ford press conference

Dec 11, 2013, 2:27 PM

Quick notes on Danny Ford press conference

Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

That first quote

Dec 11, 2013, 2:37 PM

is part of why Danny Ford will always be my favorite Clemson coach.

I wish we could bring this guy on just for the attitude and

Dec 11, 2013, 6:02 PM

wisdom....

Re: I wish we could bring this guy on just for the attitude and

Dec 11, 2013, 7:55 PM

Amazing man and coach, remember him well, they don't make them like him anymore, when he is gone it will mark the end of the greats.

"...very very excited, very very proud..."***

Dec 11, 2013, 8:24 PM

I love my Tigers and I love Danny

Dec 11, 2013, 9:07 PM

I remember my first game in the Valley against UGA, the safety game in 86. I was in 6th grade. I remember the punt rookie and I remember him cussing the ref during MD game. I went on to graduate from Clemson in 97 after working 4 years as a Student Equip Mgr under Hatfield and West. I was on sidelines as FSU beat us 57-0 on Charlie Ward's way to the Heisman. With all that said, I personally think we are doing the current group of coaches a disservice by doing these types of interviews. It breaks my heart that we have lost to The Coots 5 yrs in a row, it literally makes me sick to my stomach. My kids didn't want to go to school the following Monday. However we shouldn't be living in the past. Danny lost many a games to teams that were far worse than his teams. Dabo has at least stopped that trend in Tiger Nation. I know most if us hate losing to the coots but put some history in perspective. The Coots we are now aren't the same Coots I saw in the 80s or 90s. We aren't the same program that we witnessed under Hatfield, West or Bowden.

Dabo has taken our program to new levels. I just think its unfair to him and current staff to keep putting Ford out in the open.

I agree with you in general but with us playing OSU

Dec 11, 2013, 11:29 PM

I think this was appropriate.

It's funny that Danny is such a god now to fans. I attended Clemson when he was coach and have been attending games since Red Parker was coach.

Danny lost plenty of games he shouldn't. He also had a penchant for running the call up the middle repeatedly even when it wasn't working at all. I remember a lot of fans being exasperated. I'm not saying he wasn't a great coach - he was. But he was not perfect.

Re: I agree with you in general but with us playing OSU

Dec 12, 2013, 10:47 AM

You are right 81. The fans called for his head too. Tough job being the coach of a team who isn't allowed to ever lose!

I have said it a hundred times .... give DF a job as fund raiser. (then we can build the oculus!)

Replies: 7
| visibility 2,313
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic