Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Football Update: Video: Spurrier previews Clemson-SC game
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 15
| visibility 1

Football Update: Video: Spurrier previews Clemson-SC game

Nov 26, 2013, 7:52 PM

Video: Spurrier previews Clemson-SC game

Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I hate Steve Spurrier.

Nov 26, 2013, 8:15 PM

Good clean games? Jungle Boi?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's something in these hills.

Re: I hate Steve Spurrier.

Nov 26, 2013, 8:50 PM

I find him entertaining at times. Unexpected that he didn't fire any jabs at dabo. Had to deny that Spurrier is a good coach though. Hope our boys are well prepared and fired up going into saturday. I know I'm worried about our secondary.

Re: I hate Steve Spurrier.

Nov 26, 2013, 9:47 PM [ in reply to I hate Steve Spurrier. ]

me too!

Why?

Nov 27, 2013, 12:10 PM

The guy has brought some credibility to our broken rival. We always wanted this game to mean something, now it does - in no small part due to him. He said a lot of nice things in this interview and was classy. I don't hate the guy. I hate the fact that he's beaten us four in a row but he's certainly raised the bar for us and for USC.

Re: Why?

Nov 27, 2013, 2:17 PM

Anyone who hates Spurrier or South Carolina needs to get a life. It's just a game guys!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Somebody get Steve a drink.

Nov 26, 2013, 9:23 PM

He looks extremely uncomfortable.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

That was cordial and respectful,

Nov 26, 2013, 9:38 PM

unexpected from that sh!thead.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Football Update: Video: Spurrier previews Clemson-SC game

Nov 26, 2013, 10:05 PM

I would say that probably is the best interview I have heard him do. It is interesting that he said beating us was a huge thing for them, and it is. It seems like it has meant more to him/them lately than it did before, and it seems like it hasn't meant as much to us lately as it has to them. That seems to have changed, of late. I do think both coaches now get how significant this game has gotten. It is much more than bragging rights now. I think both sides now get it.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 26, 2013, 10:24 PM

He's always cordial and "respectful" during the 2 weeks leading up to our game because he is cautious to avoid bulletin board material....it's the other 50 weeks of the year that he throws jabs! Just fricken beat them and shut him up, Tigers!!

Where was the arrogant prick we all really know him as?***

Nov 27, 2013, 7:19 AM

he talks smack when he's confident. the "lack of smack"

Nov 27, 2013, 7:38 AM

tells me he is skeered! go tigers!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 27, 2013, 9:18 AM

So for everyone that is wondering why Spurrier isn't too "arrogant" n his approach to this game this year, here are four reasons why he may be not too "excited" about game planning:

Year 1) One thing: Contain Spiller....

Year 2) Clemson was decimated with injuries with a QB who was thinking more about his baseball draft stock more than playing South Carolina (first viewing of Tajh Boyd)

Year 3) Tajh Boyd's installation of the new offense with new offensive coordinator Chad Morris. Limited plays and Clemson coming off a big defeat of NC State.

Year 4) Brent Venables' installation of new defense. Better than the year before but still fresh. Hold on to the ball and not allow that offense to "do what it does."

When you think about the team this year, where is the weakness? The only loss was against a good Florida State team in which we hurt ourselves more than Florida State hurt Clemson. Sure, past the "young" secondary, Clemson comes into this year's rivalry looking the most complete in years. South Carolina has weaknesses in the secondary and linebacker positions on defense. Not to mention, they have been a second half team all year with the exception of Arkansas. If Clemson gets on them fast and often and the defense does it's job, the game could become ugly fast (not that I expect that to happen).

In short, Clemson need to play to their standards; no beating themselves and playing smart, tough, physical!

GO GO GET 'EM!

Nov 27, 2013, 2:26 PM

Agree w/everything except the Florida State game. We hurt ourselves, but we were beaten by a better team. Florida State has out-recruited us for years, and it shows - including the freshman phenom at quarterback.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 27, 2013, 6:29 PM

I can't disagree. But think about it this way. What if we loss the turn over batter 1-4 against Georgia, LSU, Auburn. As a matter of fact, with the exception of last year and the injury-ridden year, we have lost the turnover battle in this game each year and it cost us big. If it happens in each of the games I mentioned, we aren't talking how dominant Clemson has been against the SEC in recent years. With the exception of Georgia, that can't be because LSU or Auburn or even South Carolina is out-recruiting us. Oh and I hate to mention West (by God) Virginia in the bowl game where our defense couldn't stop snot but our offense lost the turnover margin. Did WVa have better athletes or out-recruit Clemson in that year? I like to think that sometimes it is about how you play the game. Otherwise why play them if the other team already has more "4-star" or "5-star" athletes than we do?

Nov 28, 2013, 12:37 AM

Great Point, ball security give a edge and a chance for success.

Replies: 15
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic