Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Basketball Update: Clemson women drop season opener to Davidson
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 15
| visibility 1

Basketball Update: Clemson women drop season opener to Davidson

Nov 8, 2013, 7:51 PM

Clemson women drop season opener to Davidson

Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Basketball Update: Clemson women drop season opener to Davidson

Nov 8, 2013, 7:53 PM

DROP wbb START A WOMENS SOFTBALL TEAM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Basketball Update: Clemson women drop season opener to Davidson

Nov 8, 2013, 9:10 PM

Drop women's basketball and begin gymnastics for them only. No additional facility will be needed. Cheapest option is the way to go.

Women's basketball in general sucks to another level. Nobody cares about it and for good reason (few exceptions for the people who win national championships every year)

I actually know some coots who all of a sudden "like it"

Nov 9, 2013, 7:33 PM [ in reply to Re: Basketball Update: Clemson women drop season opener to Davidson ]

since they started winning some in it. It's so predictable too...they play better fundamental basketball than the men do, blah, blah, blah.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Terry Don killed this program, but who cares

Nov 8, 2013, 7:59 PM

Women's basketball matters not..

Not so fast.....

Nov 8, 2013, 8:29 PM

Yes Terry Don killed it if you hold him responsible for letting Barbara Kennedy Dixon run it into the ground. Fired coach Davis-mistake (he started actually requesting stuff that everyone else in the conference had in order to keep up. Clemson was without resources that every single school in the conference had, fewer staff positions like weight trainer, admin assists and even academic people. I don't say spend a ton on that stuff but if EVERYONE else has it and Davis doesn't shouldn't he be pissed? Davis practically built the program with the great start by coach Tribble. He deserved better. The gender equity thing killed him if you ask me. Why was Carey green never considered for the job? Many other men were supremely qualified but didn't get a sniff from what I heard. They went through 5 women at least that I know of that turned down the job when they herd McKinney. No men even spoken to. Smh. ).

hired coach McKinney-mistake, was forced to hire Umoh.

Fired Umoh-mistake Umoh was told if she won she would get things she requested, same stuff her mentor Davis requested; recruited great talent but was not allowed to get rid of horrible character that McKinney recruited in that freshman class. Bad kids scared off high ranking recruits out of jealousy) still managed to attract recruits somehow and win some games. No coach was going to win with all fresh and sophs in toxic environment. Internal battle with Dixon gets nasty. When terry don leaves Dixon throws Umoh under the bus to the new guy. She is beyond incompetent. Hopefully she retires soon so the new lady has a chance.

Dixon has cost Clemson when she was an academic advisor. See baseball player suing Clemson and won, as a sport supervisor see near lawsuits with rowing hire and fires, track situations that could ave been disastrous when espn came calling. Yeah the coverup queen averted disaster there. The pregnancy scandal from outside the lines. The recent track stuff. Yeah, she supervised all of that. Was actually removed as sport supervisor I heard. She will eventually cost Clemson millions with her incompetence. People walk on eggshells because of her status, race/gender, etc. just wait for her to retire other than rocking the boat. Much more but all of this is no more than detailed ALLEGATIONS. no proof of course ;)
Gender equity at its finest folks!!!
Yeah that was a lot, lol. Thanks for reading.

Re:That is a perfect example of what happens when you get

Nov 8, 2013, 9:03 PM

too inbred.

Casey Green had no interest in the job......

Nov 8, 2013, 10:46 PM [ in reply to Not so fast..... ]

nm

This Dixon Person

Nov 9, 2013, 8:20 AM [ in reply to Not so fast..... ]

sounds to be very similar to Doris Helms.

Is this the same team

Nov 8, 2013, 8:34 PM

that hung 90 on Truitt McConnell & Limestone? Long season for coach in a dead program.

BKD did not fire Davis

Nov 9, 2013, 7:40 AM

Linda White was responsible for that. She had a beef with Jim for whatever reason. Unfortunately BKD had to deal with it from there. Mistakes have definitely been made by her since, but unfair to lay the blame for his firing on her.

Aaaahhhh!

Nov 9, 2013, 5:27 PM

You are 100% correct about Linda white. I lost added that but wasn't sure how many would even know who she was. They conspired against him. Do your homework and find out who Linda's accomplice was. The girl's club got him good.

And correct on the Carey Green not interested on this thread also. He was NOT leaving liberty. Problem is he didn't even get the overture from Clemson that he deserved. No interview and no phone call. I know this much and that is what I'm referring to. Also, no MEN got any looks but he for one had earned it.

Confused

Nov 9, 2013, 10:07 PM

You didn't know if anyone would know who Linda White was so you blamed someone else? Also, it's Carey not Casey. He may not have been interested this go round, but he was interested before. You have to be kidding that the most successful player in the history of Clemson basketball would not want to hire the best possible coach.

C'mon Rad. Situation crying out for AD Leadership.

Nov 10, 2013, 12:06 AM

Davidson surpassing Clemson in the classroom is somewhat understandable. On a basketball court minus Steph Curry, no way.

Put this one on your action list for Monday behind all the men's sports.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

we have a new coach this season***

Nov 10, 2013, 12:13 AM

not sure if you're serious

Nov 10, 2013, 5:24 PM

tigergrad, I never called Carey Green Casey.

Also, didnt blame someone else. Linda White was the Sr. Womens Admin at the time but BKD was huge in that deal and those two conspired, allegedly, against coach davis. my info says he was not ever intetested. i know him personally and his strong faith is what has kept him at liberty. he and his wife love it. he has had many opportunities and chose to stay there. I am not even sure if you are serious about the greatest player stuff. i blame it all on her incompetence. if you knew her you would understand. not yhe sharpest knife but a very nice lady when she has to act like one. and the best coach thing goes down to gender/minority stuff and prob wont change.

Replies: 15
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic