Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
according to AJC, Deshaun Watson has SIGNED w Clemson
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 8
| visibility 2,977

according to AJC, Deshaun Watson has SIGNED w Clemson

Nov 8, 2013, 7:25 PM

UPDATE: Gainesville coach Bruce Miller told the AJC on Friday evening that Watson has signed his financial-aid agreement with Clemson. “I just talked with DeShaun and everything was turned in on Thursday; it’s a done deal,” he said. (We’re still waiting on Clemson to make an official announcement or Tweet). It’s a big deal for Clemson because it permits the Tigers to have "unlimited communication" with Watson until he signs his NLI or enrolls at Clemson. In other words, if Ohio State's Urban Meyer or Auburn's Gus Malzahn drop in at Gainesville and try to have in-person meetings with Watson, then Clemson offensive coordinator Chad Morris can follow up each time with his own in-person visit. And meet and call Watson every day after that on an unlimited basis because Watson signed the financial-aid agreement. Taking Watson out of this (because we're only using him as an example), do you see the huge recruiting advantage it gives colleges with elite prospects? If the kid signs the financial aid with one college and then starts to sway to another school, then the first school can "camp out" at his high school or neighborhood like all the colleges did in the famous recruitment of Herschel Walker.

http://www.ajc.com/weblogs/college-recruiting/2013/nov/08/ncaas-early-signing-period-starts-now/

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: according to AJC, Deshaun Watson has SIGNED w Clemson

Nov 8, 2013, 7:28 PM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-beeksteak-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Elijah Hood signed with theTar Holes

Nov 8, 2013, 7:34 PM

that's huge for them

Carolina Football @TarHeelFootball
MJ Stewart, a cornerback from Arlington, Va., has signed a scholarship agreement with UNC. twitter.com/TarHeelFootbal…
about 3 hours ago

Carolina Football @TarHeelFootball
RB Elijah Hood has signed his scholarship agreement with the Tar Heels. Welcome aboard. twitter.com/TarHeelFootbal…
about 5 hours ago

https://twitter.com/intent/user?original_referer=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.ajc.com%2Fweblogs%2Fcollege-recruiting%2F2013%2Fnov%2F08%2Fncaas-early-signing-period-starts-now%2F&screen_name=TarHeelFootball&tw_i=398902620862947328&tw_p=tweetembed

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

This is great news!!!***

Nov 8, 2013, 7:49 PM

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Awesome news. Why no announcement from Clemson yet?***

Nov 8, 2013, 8:21 PM

Re: Awesome news. Why no announcement from Clemson yet?***

Nov 8, 2013, 8:38 PM

not positive on this, but what they signed is just financial aid papers, not letter of intent. Coaches can not comment on recruit until that is signed

Don't believe a LOI necessary for January enrollees.

Nov 8, 2013, 8:45 PM

The player simply enrolls and starts going to class and that seals it.

According to what I've read and seen, school can make announcement as soon as the financial aid papers are signed and can stay in constant contact with the player right up until they enroll and start classes in January.

No LOI needed and no National Signing Day drama!!

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

yep, I was wrong....oops***

Nov 8, 2013, 8:47 PM

Not sure why it's so hush

Nov 8, 2013, 8:27 PM

But according to reports, Artavis Scott and Demarre Kitt have as well. Also expecting Chris Register to sign.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 8
| visibility 2,977
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic