Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Baseball Update: Tigers Top LaFleche 22-2 at Fluor Field
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 10
| visibility 1,575

Baseball Update: Tigers Top LaFleche 22-2 at Fluor Field

Oct 17, 2013, 10:34 PM

Tigers Top LaFleche 22-2 at Fluor Field

Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Pitching was awesome tonight we hit well but not sure if we

Oct 17, 2013, 10:52 PM

faced any really good pitching except when Pohle pitched for them. We hit Pohlee pretty hard also. Yeah that is right they had run through their staff and let Pohle pitch for them.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Baseball Update: Tigers Top LaFleche 22-2 at Fluor Field

Oct 17, 2013, 10:53 PM

When I left Kevin Pohle was pitching for the Canadians.

Boulware do anything?***

Oct 17, 2013, 10:58 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

No...

Oct 17, 2013, 11:39 PM

Garrett had arthroscopic shoulder surgery recently and is out of commission for a couple of weeks. It bothered him all last season, so he took the summer off and when he started swinging the bat again, it started hurting again. Turns out there were 2 nerves rubbing against one another, so he had it fixed. Shouldn't be a long-term problem. I imagine he'll be ready for the Orange and Purple.

Hope that helps him throw more guys out at second

Oct 18, 2013, 11:58 AM

that was the one weak aspect of his game last year.

Oct 17, 2013, 11:00 PM

Disappointed there were no home runs against that pitching staff. We will need an occasional long ball this year to be really good.

Oct 17, 2013, 11:03 PM

smh

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 17, 2013, 11:12 PM [ in reply to Re: Baseball Update: Tigers Top LaFleche 22-2 at Fluor Field ]

We opened with two warning track shots to left by Maleek and TK. There were several more huge shots to right. Game temp was 67 and the humidity was 100% which would keep the ball from flying very far. On a dry day some of them would have surely gone out. Way too early to start harping about lack of power especially if you were not there to see what actually happened. Also, right field at Fluor seems to gobble up balls. Our freshmen played well. Chris Oakey hit four straight balls hard, Weston Wilson also hit the ball hard, and Eli White looked impressive as well. Boulware had not played when I left in the bottom of the seventh. We should know more in November after the fall series.
Our competition was definitely not up to our level.

All those points, and no home run?

Oct 18, 2013, 5:45 AM

Also, where's the box score? I know it's just for practice. But, I like seeing a box score.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There were several ground rule dbls and we hit the ball on a

Oct 18, 2013, 11:52 AM

rope pretty consistently. We sat next to Chris Okey grandparents whom were in attendance. Chris was very close to going to Florida and playing but the family decided that Clemson was the better fit. Athletically and Academically Chris is going to be huge for this year with 2 great catchers we will not wear them out towards the end of the season. I was very encouraged with the Freshman that played they seemed to have great plate presents and fielding ability. Whales Tony came in and pitched and seemed to be a little nervous in his first inning of work but went 3 up 3 down in his next inning. Jake Long a transfer from East Tenn is going to be a beast. We may be nationally known for our pitching by years end.They were that good.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 10
| visibility 1,575
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic