Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Football Update: Dabo sends a message to the media: Get a new storyline about Clemson
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 33
| visibility 1

Football Update: Dabo sends a message to the media: Get a new storyline about Clemson

Sep 1, 2013, 11:41 AM

Dabo sends a message to the media: Get a new storyline about Clemson

Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sic'em, Coach Swinney!!!!***

Sep 1, 2013, 11:43 AM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Heather Dinnich... Are you listening?***

Sep 1, 2013, 12:49 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Wowwwwww!!! I LOVE IT!!!

Sep 1, 2013, 1:08 PM

I love our coach!

Is Coach Swinney a little insecure?

Sep 1, 2013, 1:23 PM

This kind of talk bothers me. Is Coach Swinney a little insecure? He keeps saying this stuff over and over again. Of course it's true, but that doesn't mean you keep saying it. Let other people say that stuff. Let your talking be done on the field. Have you ever heard Coach Ford, Coach Saban, Coach Dooley, or any other great coach talk like this? No, they let their talking be done on the field.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Is Coach Swinney a little insecure?

Sep 1, 2013, 1:40 PM

Well Dabo is an open book and to be honest I'm glad he takes a stand to all the press. Because Clemson IS better than what they write and every Clemson fan, player, and coach knows it.

Sep 1, 2013, 7:38 PM

Don't get me wrong. I am a big Clemson fan and grew up during the Danny Ford days. I think Dabo is doing a great job. He has put the right people in right places, and has built an outstanding program. But, I think he should take a page out of the Vince Dooley handbook on how to speak to the media.

Sep 1, 2013, 9:06 PM

Ok big time Clemson fan. You have been on T-net for a whole year with 11 post. Ok big time!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 1, 2013, 11:31 PM

Dabo was obviously standing up for his players hard work and to reply to the on for a year and only 11 posts maybe guy is like me and has been reading the stories on tigernet for many years but hasn't bothered with comments because of the ancient set up they have that requires you to tap on each comment to read it. Then when you do waste your life tapping on them they end up being something stupid. Dear Tigernet thanks for the great stories but PLEASE UPDATE YOUR COMMENTS SECTION !!!

Sep 2, 2013, 2:30 AM [ in reply to Re: Is Coach Swinney a little insecure? ]

I read TNet often, but rarely post. That does not make me any less a Clemson fan. But, I felt like this is a topic that I should approach.

I definitely think he (Dabo) needs to stand behind his team and his players. And, I don't have any problem with him addressing "pulling a Clemson". But, he keeps tooting his own horn a little to much for me.

We don't really care what you think . . . Coach Swinney has

Sep 1, 2013, 10:27 PM [ in reply to Re: Is Coach Swinney a little insecure? ]

a message and he is right on the money and it is a message that needs to be said over and over until it sinks in . . .

It is a message that recruits need to hear to combat the bias and media crap about the sec. It is a message recruit's parents need to hear.

He is saying it so there is something out there that is honest and truthful and combats the overwhelming plethora of garbage that others are talking.

Vince Dooley ? 25 years ago Vince Dooley ? When people waited 2 days to read about a game in the paper (since it finished so late)? @5 years ago Vince Dooley who used to get into a car and drive all over creation to see recruits and give them the cash in person ? ( I kid . . . kinda)

Yeah - how he did things is really relevant right now.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Brad Brownell: Only Larry freaking Shyatt has a WORSE overall winning percentage among Clemson basketball coaches since 1975. Let that sink in. It's Larry Shyatt & then Brad Brownell.

Sep 1, 2013, 1:43 PM [ in reply to Is Coach Swinney a little insecure? ]

Dabo is correct in his take on always getting put down by the media.Clemson under Dabo have been more consistent than they ever were in under Bowden.Sick of this pull a Clemson everytime we have a big win

Sep 1, 2013, 1:49 PM [ in reply to Is Coach Swinney a little insecure? ]

Give me a freaking break. I for one am glad he called out the press on this tired and worn story line. It's about time these hack reporters opened their eyes and actually started thinking for themselves at what's going on instead of buying EsecPN's crock of crap all the time. Go Dabo!!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Probably since...

Sep 1, 2013, 1:53 PM [ in reply to Is Coach Swinney a little insecure? ]

Leach and Kippen will both be available again after this season.

I had a reasonable response but I won't waste it on a troll.

Message was edited by: ClemsonTiger1988®

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 1, 2013, 2:11 PM [ in reply to Is Coach Swinney a little insecure? ]

I believe he just kind of closed the case on that topic from his perspective.

^^i think this is the answer^^

Sep 1, 2013, 7:17 PM

he has now put a period on it in my opinion.

i like that he says his kids deserve better.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"These guys don’t feel like they take a backseat to anybody”

Sep 1, 2013, 7:28 PM

BEWM !!

Sep 1, 2013, 3:10 PM [ in reply to Is Coach Swinney a little insecure? ]

No.. he's defending the current state of his program. He's tired of people like sammich,herbstreit,(that dummy from the orlando sentienel) always talking about everything bad with clemson and not anything good about clemson..bowden is not here anymore so when people say 'pulling a clemson' they better say something good...

It's a new day in college football

Sep 1, 2013, 4:19 PM [ in reply to Is Coach Swinney a little insecure? ]

where your media hype contributes to your national title hopes almost as much as your work on the field.

As the head coach, he is also the #1 ambassador for Clemson football. And he's doing a hell of a job.

2024 student level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2008_ncaa_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-clemsonpoker489.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

He keeps saying it because they keep asking it, genius***

Sep 1, 2013, 4:47 PM [ in reply to Is Coach Swinney a little insecure? ]

Are you kidding or just stupid?

Sep 1, 2013, 5:07 PM [ in reply to Is Coach Swinney a little insecure? ]

He's defending his program and his players against the Dim Witch and other ESPN SEC homers and he's backing it up with facts.. I applauded him when he said it. It's about time.

"Dabo crushed my soul." --- Classof09

You do not understand this millennium very well, do you?***

Sep 1, 2013, 6:26 PM [ in reply to Is Coach Swinney a little insecure? ]

Spurrier is the insecure one ... can't stop talking about

Sep 1, 2013, 6:34 PM [ in reply to Is Coach Swinney a little insecure? ]

Dabo.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I was young, I was sure of many things; now there are only two things of which I am sure: one is, that I am a miserable sinner; and the other, that Christ is an all-sufficient Saviour. He is well-taught who learns these two lessons." -John Newton

He's standing up for Clemson...***

Sep 1, 2013, 6:39 PM [ in reply to Is Coach Swinney a little insecure? ]

when they keep asking then youre not the one bringing it up

Sep 1, 2013, 6:39 PM [ in reply to Is Coach Swinney a little insecure? ]

go back to fgf moron

Re: when they keep asking then youre not the one bringing it up

Sep 1, 2013, 9:29 PM

The coots win streak is over. Dabo will shut spurpricks mouth come November. And he will run off in retirement with his very OLD tail tucked between his legs....

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 1, 2013, 10:20 PM [ in reply to Is Coach Swinney a little insecure? ]

He's speaking with some pretty great results on the field. His frustration is that they don't seem to acknowledge what we have accomplished and what we continue to bring to the table. He only speaks the truth, and he wants them to get the message. Good for him!

Coach Ford, Saban, and Dooley's teams were never

Sep 1, 2013, 11:47 PM [ in reply to Is Coach Swinney a little insecure? ]

unfairly criticized over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over again. Ford and Dooley never had to deal with as much press as their is now either. Knowing all 3 of those coaches temperaments, I'd venture to say if they had to deal with the "pulling a Clemson" crap that Dabo has had to endure they probably would've handled it much worse than Dabo did. They might have even gone viral with their reactions lol.

Sep 1, 2013, 1:41 PM

It is a different world we live in now. These kids are bombarded with media via TV, twitter, and facebook. Proud of Dabo for taking on the media. Go get them Tigers! Make believers of all the non-believers.

Agree 110% Coach. Well said.***

Sep 1, 2013, 2:13 PM

Re: Agree 110% Coach. Well said.***

Sep 1, 2013, 4:17 PM

Coach Swinney being insecure!!!! Now there a negative post to top all others. To bad we don't still have a Bowden running things and telling the press how great all our opponents are playing and how young we are.

GO DABO. Give em' heck!!!!

\

New Definition for "Pulling A Clemson":

Sep 1, 2013, 2:26 PM

"Pulling a Clemson" is now beating a top 10 ranked team by electrifying offense & strong defense, while having a crowd that is as loud or louder than any other program in the country....that is now the definition of "Pulling A Clemson!!" And, very few programs in the country are capable of that. So, Pull on That Heather Denich & Herbstreit!!!

The players have worked hard to be this consistent and

Sep 1, 2013, 6:44 PM

they deserve the respect for getting there!

Way to go, Dabo!!

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Photobucket

Re: Football Update: Dabo sends a message to the media: Get a new storyline about Clemson

Sep 1, 2013, 8:40 PM

I like Dabo calling out the press--they don't have to work very hard once they get a standard line/question to ask every time ( Can you say LAZY! ) As far as NorCA Tiger holding up Vince Dooley as a role model for speaking to the press...PLEASE do not bring up his name on this website especially after the Georgia game. Just another coach of the vile "leg humpers"...

Replies: 33
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic