Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Football Player Update: Bucs losing patience with Da'Quan Bowers?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 31
| visibility 1

Football Player Update: Bucs losing patience with Da'Quan Bowers?

Aug 17, 2013, 9:47 AM

Bucs losing patience with Da'Quan Bowers?

Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Football Player Update: Bucs losing patience with Da'Quan Bowers?

Aug 17, 2013, 9:49 AM

Never really lived up to #1 recruit in the country

Pretty good college player but perfect example of all the talent none of the work ethic

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sounds like a description of

Aug 17, 2013, 9:59 AM

Clowney except Bowers was a better college player

Re: Sounds like a description of

Aug 17, 2013, 10:03 AM

Don't even respond to this troll. The fact he puts on this false identity front to try and make a point shows he's an insecure little weasel.

Clowney better than Bowers easily.***

Aug 17, 2013, 11:52 AM [ in reply to Sounds like a description of ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

That might ultimately be true, but you have nothing to base

Aug 17, 2013, 12:47 PM

that statement on right now. Probably better if you would have said, "I think he will have a better college carer".

Clowney already has more sacks than Bowers did in his career***

Aug 17, 2013, 12:54 PM

Ok, and?***

Aug 17, 2013, 1:06 PM

You said he had nothing to base it on.

Aug 17, 2013, 1:18 PM

In two years Clowney has more sacks than Bowers did in three. That is a lot more than nothing. Bowers was a solid player for us, but he just isn't the same type of athlete nor pass rusher as Clowney.

Yeah, and that alone is not enough to make the definitive

Aug 18, 2013, 11:26 AM

statement that he did.

Nothing except their production on the field...***

Aug 17, 2013, 3:46 PM [ in reply to That might ultimately be true, but you have nothing to base ]

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

What? Clowney is projected as #1 draft pick. Bowers was 51st

Aug 17, 2013, 11:59 AM [ in reply to Sounds like a description of ]

I wonder if Bowers' degenerative knee ailment is hampering his play and maybe even his conditioning.

Re: What? Clowney is projected as #1 draft pick. Bowers was 51st

Aug 17, 2013, 12:03 PM

Keep in mind...before the word spread on Bowers' knee, he was projected as a top pick, as well. Some had him at #1.

That said, he's no Clowney.

Based on 1 good year. Bowers was inconsistent and a huge

Aug 17, 2013, 3:26 PM

under achiever until his last year. Clowney has been a beast since he stepped on campus and does in fact week in and week out play against far superior OLs than Bowers ever did.

You are nuts. Clwney has been a beast since he got to usc an

Aug 17, 2013, 3:09 PM [ in reply to Sounds like a description of ]

would have been the number one raft pick last year had he left school. Bowers never lived up to expectations and always played soft.

He's not playing with boys anymore--time to man up D'Q!!

Aug 17, 2013, 10:03 AM [ in reply to Re: Football Player Update: Bucs losing patience with Da'Quan Bowers? ]

Talent only gets you so far...it takes attitude & discipline to stand out. Playing "soft" has often been a criticism of Clemson players & the NFL certainly will expose those not willing to pay the price.

You mean CU players post the Ford era. We got soft primarily

Aug 17, 2013, 3:29 PM

under TB and Dabo.

Aug 17, 2013, 10:38 AM

you can question clowney all day but to say Bowers was a better college player than clowney simply because bowers is failing in the nfl makes no sense.

The comments were about bowers not playing up to potential . That is not a personal shot, it is saying that he is better than most and has plenty of capability just is not putting it together. Doesn't even mean he can't turn it on this year and be dominant.

However, somehow stating the obvious about bowers gets a negative comment about clowney.

Many GC fans would agree clowney has his hands on hips often and better get in better shape, same thing we said about bowers a few years ago.

playing soft?

Aug 17, 2013, 10:42 AM

Yeah, Brian Dawkins, Lavon Kirkland, Ed Mcdaniels, Chester Mcglockton, Wayne Simmons, Brentson Buckner, Micheal Dean and William Perry, Dexter McCleon, the Bostic bros., Jim Stuckey, Terry Allen just to name a few and really to numerous to remember played soft? Epic fail Home ####.. Willing to put Clemsons NFL roster agsinst USuCs anyday...Try again

Re: playing soft?

Aug 17, 2013, 10:50 AM

way to bring up recent names to make a point.

Exactly, under TB and Dabo we have consistently been soft an

Aug 17, 2013, 3:22 PM

we consistently have players with injure riddled careers, and wayyyy too many highly regarded 4 and 5 star recruits that never come close to fulfilling their potential. I couldn't believe how soft CJ sounded when the new OC said he was going to give CJ the ball until he puked and people defended CJ. Sorry, but to be a great back you can't be soft and your attitude has to be give me the ball coach, let me put the team on my back and get it done. CJ is the only RB from Clemson that would ever respond to something that positive in such a soft way.

Sorry folks, I'm a CU grad and love my Tigers, but under TB and Dabo we practice and play soft and have soft injury prone players that rarely reach their potential. And it's going to get worse when Morris leaves, just like when RichRod left.

Re: Exactly, under TB and Dabo we have consistently been soft an

Aug 17, 2013, 4:41 PM

CJ also said (after Buffalo's Thursday night win over Miami last year) when asked what kind of workload he would be comfortable with as a back "It don't matter to me. Give me the ball."

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/football/bills-rb-spiller-2-000-yard-goal-article-1.1427991

Here, it's pretty clear his response was in a joking manner. He also jokes that "coach couldn't just let me be the yards per carry guy" and says his goal is to pass 2000 rushing yards. Show me a back that doesn't want the ball every time he's on the field and I'll show you one that's not trying to pass the 2000 mark.

We get it, you hate Dabo. You think we're a soft team. Except for New Years Eve when we hit LSU in the mouth and last September when we put over 400 yards (over 100 rushing) and 37 points on a Florida State defensive line that legitimately had NFL players well into the 2-deep.

Soft teams lose to teams they're not supposed to. Soft teams are losing to the teams they're supposed to lose to well before the fourth quarter. Soft teams don't go into a bowl game as heavy underdogs against a top 10 SEC opponent (despite having already won 10 games), grind out 100 plays against one of the best defenses in the country, rack up 6 sacks against an offensive line that held Clowney and the gamecock DL in check, get critical stops in the fourth quarter, and come through in the clutch offensively to win the game in the last minute.

None of those guys played for Dabo or Bowden. We play a

Aug 17, 2013, 3:13 PM [ in reply to playing soft? ]

soft style of football. All spreads are inherently soft. Bama and USC own us because they play big boy smash mouth football like we use to under Ford. After RichRod left we got incredibly soft and will be until we get a head coach interested in developing a great OL and playing smash mouth football.

Re: None of those guys played for Dabo or Bowden. We play a

Aug 17, 2013, 4:28 PM

Rich Rod ran a spread offense..

Aug 17, 2013, 10:46 AM

I hate to say because I love Bowers but I'm not surprised by this at all. Bowers was extremely lazy in practice and in games his first two years at Clemson. He only had 4 sacks in his career heading into his monster 2010 15 sack season.

Exactly. Nothing surprising here, but the Kool Aid crowd can

Aug 17, 2013, 3:35 PM

never see truth or reality or even remotely objectively anything regarding Clemson, our players, our coaches, our administrators, or some of our fans.

Loved the guy at Clemson, but just had a feeling when

Aug 17, 2013, 1:22 PM

the knee situation came up, draft stock fell, and yada yada yada, that his NFL career would not be what I was hoping.

Even while healthy he never lived up to expectations at CU***

Aug 17, 2013, 3:09 PM

He only really showed up during his junior (contract) year..***

Aug 17, 2013, 3:29 PM

He's been consistently good since he got there and has

Aug 17, 2013, 3:31 PM

gotten better each year. Exactly as a talented well coached layer should do. No one has ever called Clowney average or under achiever while at USC. Bowers was called that and more till his last year.

Edisto Tiger....

Aug 17, 2013, 5:54 PM

Is a Hater and idiot. I FEEL sorry for his or her mother.

Ironic! Edisto opined. You name-called. Who's the hater?***

Aug 17, 2013, 6:21 PM

Replies: 31
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic