Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Football Update: Clemson Football Practice Report: August 14
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 19
| visibility 1

Football Update: Clemson Football Practice Report: August 14

Aug 14, 2013, 12:54 PM

Clemson Football Practice Report: August 14

Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dline looked like they were getting pressure

Aug 14, 2013, 1:00 PM

also Blanks one handed pick was sick

Brad Brownell: more losses than any other coach in school history.

Defense

Aug 14, 2013, 1:05 PM

Looked good. Blanks with 2 int. some missed tackles from LB's but also good to see Brooks breaking tackles. So I don't know how to feel about this.

Re: Defense

Aug 14, 2013, 2:08 PM

And not one of us will know how to feel until its put to the test by lining up and playing someone besides our selves. Our own players know our own players and how they play. If you get yourself worried sick about talk coming out of camp, give up sports.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Am I missing Dye or is he not there?

Aug 14, 2013, 1:07 PM

I don't remember seeing him in any videos recently. Is there a reason for this or just coincidence?

This to me is the good and the bad of AD controlled media

Aug 14, 2013, 1:19 PM

the good is we see SOMETHING which is better than not seeing anything.

the bad (lack of better word, see above) is that if they don't want fans to get too carried away and put too much pressure on a player or don't want video of Dye's ability for tactic (UGA)... then I can see them omitting his highlights from the video practice diary.

I'm cool with it, but I think that may be what's going on.

I hope you are right

Aug 14, 2013, 1:30 PM

I'm fine with them hiding the whole thing if it helps us win games and protect our players. I was more worried that he is hurt or not participating for some reason.

Re: This to me is the good and the bad of AD controlled media

Aug 14, 2013, 2:21 PM [ in reply to This to me is the good and the bad of AD controlled media ]

What you see on practice film that they show to us, is what they want everybody in the world to see. Its what you don't see is what we really have. Its called modern day war fare. Never show what your plans are, and never show where you will attack. Strategy = keep it to yourself if you want it work. If they show on public film what we are really doing. Then its senseless to close practice.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

reported elsewhere he didn't participate this morning.***

Aug 14, 2013, 1:29 PM [ in reply to Am I missing Dye or is he not there? ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

That's what I was worried about***

Aug 14, 2013, 1:31 PM

Link? tia***

Aug 14, 2013, 1:38 PM [ in reply to reported elsewhere he didn't participate this morning.*** ]

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aspiring member of the TigerNet Sewer Dwellers

Re: reported elsewhere he didn't participate this morning.***

Aug 14, 2013, 9:24 PM [ in reply to reported elsewhere he didn't participate this morning.*** ]

Definitely something suspicious with his absence from the last couple of videos and minimum carries Saturday and I was so excited from the reports from earlier in camp ....I think Dabo mentioned he was "back" Saturday, like he had been out of practice or something ...Please update if anyone knows any further details

Alexander.

Aug 14, 2013, 1:15 PM

Haven't seen much of him either. He was supposed to be back this week.

Crawford and Z. Brooks looked good

Aug 14, 2013, 1:31 PM

Last scrimmage looked like the D-Line show, particularly C. Crawford. Didn't see much of Beasley. The coaches may have a lot of Lawson/Crawford combinations at DE if Beasley struggle versus the run.

Z. Brooks continues to look good. I think we are in good shape with him and Hot Rod.

Alexander is definitely a concern. I know the highlights don't show everything, but it didn't look like he was out there again. Hopefully, he was just held out as a precaution.

So did Blanks - 2 Ints. Nice to see Mike Williams...

Aug 14, 2013, 1:38 PM

back and making some very touch catches. He must've recovered from his injury. He is a long body. Beasley was caught "taking a play off" on the long pass to Charone. That was not good to see.

I got the impression from Chad's interview the other day that Gallman has a really good grasp of the offense. He did not say it but my read was that maybe not so much so for Dye just yet. That one run Brooks had was awesome, especially the second hard tackle he broke. I'm encouraged. I think he and Hotrod will be our 1-2 punch this year. Not spectacular backs but very good and serviceable, which is all we need.

Williams is definitely avoiding a RS

Aug 14, 2013, 3:30 PM

Not so sure about the RBs though. You'd think Dye but Gallman is amking a case for himself though I think he's going to need to add a couple more LBs to be the brusier we really need. He's at 199 right now I think but his frame can hold 215 easy.

Sure hope Corey Crawford does that all yar.***

Aug 14, 2013, 4:03 PM

Ron Cherry'd***

Aug 14, 2013, 6:29 PM

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

glad to see Ron Cherry's crew is out there...should help

Aug 14, 2013, 9:06 PM

later in the season

Except when the whole team got upset with the one sack