Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Football Player Update: Nuk Hopkins to throw out 1st pitch
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 5
| visibility 1,244

Football Player Update: Nuk Hopkins to throw out 1st pitch

May 21, 2013, 3:38 PM

Nuk Hopkins to throw out 1st pitch

Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

sweet deal. hope it is a fastball strike***

May 21, 2013, 3:41 PM

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Fiat Justitia et Pereat Mundus

so cool!!***

May 21, 2013, 7:14 PM

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Photobucket

Re: so cool!!***

May 21, 2013, 11:20 PM

Someone sees a superstar in the making and grooming him early by placing him in the limelights. Great Nuk!; go pack those stadium seats in Texas.

Nuk's pitch high but all the way to the plate....

May 21, 2013, 11:59 PM

Houston Texans first-round draft choice DeAndre Hopkins threw out the ceremonial first pitch on Tuesday night at Minute Maid Park prior to the Astros’ game with Kansas City.

The wide receiver from Clemson hasn’t played baseball since he was 10-years-old, but he said he has a strong arm. Hopkins, who starred at Clemson, was certain he’d do better throwing the 60 feet to home plate than Denard Robinson.

Robinson, the former Michigan quarterback, skipped a ceremonial first pitch to home plate at Detroit in April.

“I’m not trying to play Denard Robinson,” Hopkins said prior to throwing the pitch. “I don’t have too much to live up to you.”

Hopkins didn’t embarrass himself. He made the throw without skipping the ball. The throw was on target, but high.

Hopkins was making his first visit to Minute Maid Park. For some reason he said he was a Colorado Rockies fan growing up.

“I don’t know why,” said Hopkins. “I think because of the purple and black. That was my team.”

Hopkins was the 27th overall selection in April’s NFL draft. He said he’s glad the Texans took him.

“It’s a great fit,” said Hopkins. “They’re a great organization. They got a lot of stuff going on. They have a great group of guys.”

One person that Hopkins said he wants to emulate is wide receiver Andre Johnson.

“He’s a soon-to-be Hall of Famer,” said Hopkins. “I would be cutting myself short if I didn’t try to do all the stuff he did.”

Better than Denard Robinson did***

May 22, 2013, 12:03 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 5
| visibility 1,244
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic