Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Front Page Story: Tigers lead for Herschel Walker's nephew
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 34
| visibility 1

Front Page Story: Tigers lead for Herschel Walker's nephew

Feb 19, 2013, 8:30 PM

Tigers lead for Herschel Walker's nephew

Milan Richard is a 4-star 2014 prospect out of Savannah (GA) Calvary Baptist who boasts offers from 11 schools but has the Tigers out front. Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Front Page Story: Tigers lead for Herschel Walker's nephew

Feb 19, 2013, 8:42 PM

His Uncle had us as his favorite, too, until the deal was cut with his folks. I hope this young man makes up his own mind, and if we are the choice, I hope we get the signature. If we are not, then that's okay, too.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Hope he can find the endzone in DV

Feb 19, 2013, 8:51 PM

'Cause his uncle sure couldn't

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-cu85tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

“Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.”
Isaac Asimov

Re: Hope he can find the endzone in DV

Feb 20, 2013, 7:48 AM

He never found ours, but he sure found a lot of others. I hope this kid is that type talent, and if he is, then I hope we get him. He doesn't have his uncle's speed, but maybe he has great instincts.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yeah, and we led for Herschel himself up until the........

Feb 19, 2013, 8:57 PM

very end when he decided to go to UGA.

that Trans Am and house did wonders***

Feb 19, 2013, 8:58 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Trans Am?

Feb 19, 2013, 9:33 PM

God Bless the 70's and 80's and Trans Ams.....with tee tops.

oh yes....the school put him up in a house immediately

Feb 20, 2013, 8:23 AM

next door to my wife's family when she was growing up in Athens...he was driving a trans am

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

According to Chuck Reedy, we bought him the Trans Am...

Feb 20, 2013, 9:25 AM

Georgia one-upped us by buying him the house. Does anyone really think the good 'ol 1980's are much different from today? I definitely think Swinney and Richt are trying to run clean programs, but with guys out there like Shapiro free lancing...I'm sure it's near impossible.

Re: It was more fun in the 80s***

Feb 20, 2013, 9:30 AM

Re: According to Chuck Reedy, we bought him the Trans Am...

Feb 20, 2013, 9:34 AM [ in reply to According to Chuck Reedy, we bought him the Trans Am... ]

not the way i heard coach reedy tell the story. he says he pulled into the gym parking lot to see hershell play roundball and saw the brand new trans am by the front door and knew we were screwed. called danny and let him know what he saw.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Maybe I misinterpreted what he said...he was speaking...

Feb 20, 2013, 9:40 AM

in somewhat vague terms about it on a radio show, but the way I heard him tell the story led me to believe someone alledgedly tied to clemson bought the car and UGA countered with a house. Maybe I heard that wrong.

Re: Maybe I misinterpreted what he said...he was speaking...

Feb 20, 2013, 6:10 PM

I remember reading in Sports Illustrated that our coach drove up to the gym and saw Hershal getting out of the car. SI also had a sentence that read.....Hershal drives a new black trans am, a gift from his parents. His father works in the mill and his mother works in a school cafeteria to support their SEVEN children.

oh! and don't forget the scholarship offered to his sister ***

Feb 20, 2013, 12:08 PM [ in reply to that Trans Am and house did wonders*** ]

you forgot this part $$$$ at the end of your statement***

Feb 20, 2013, 1:50 AM [ in reply to Yeah, and we led for Herschel himself up until the........ ]

this coaching staff can flat out recruit***

Feb 19, 2013, 8:57 PM

This is great and scary news at the same time

Feb 19, 2013, 9:19 PM

I wonder how much our 2014 recruiting class will fall apart if Morris decides to leave.

Ever see The Firm?

Feb 19, 2013, 9:21 PM

He cannot leave.... :)

The sky is falling, the sky is falling***

Feb 20, 2013, 1:55 AM [ in reply to This is great and scary news at the same time ]

UGAy asks, just out of curiosity, what kind of car he likes***

Feb 19, 2013, 9:48 PM

Our coaching staff sure loves nephews of good players

Feb 19, 2013, 10:40 PM

We have Jim Kelly, Ray Lewis, Javon Kearse, and soon to be Hershel Walker's. I hope they have half the talent of their uncles.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Remember Charlie Whitehurst father played in the NFL...

Feb 20, 2013, 1:57 AM

sometimes being a good athlete is genetic.

Also Wesley Walls (Colton), Cliff Stoudt (Cole) ...

Feb 20, 2013, 11:48 AM

... to name a couple more.

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 19, 2013, 10:55 PM

He doesn't cover a lot of ground with quick feet. But he does cover a whole lot of ground with big long strides.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Uh oh, the AJC ain't going to like this. Operation Trash

Feb 19, 2013, 11:52 PM

Clemson, part LXII will commence immediately.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We would have had Hershcel too if it wasn't for the money….

Feb 20, 2013, 1:50 AM

UGA was doling out. Still makes me mad about the way we got punished and vilified in the early 80's, and vilified throughout the 80's, when there were a ton of schools who were doling out hundreds of thousands of dollars who didn't even get a hint of an investigation from the NCAA. While the transgressions we committed included very small amounts of money, and these other schools got spend hundreds of thousand of dollars without punishment.

I refuse to get excited until he's signed a Clemson loi.******

Feb 20, 2013, 7:30 AM

Re: I refuse to get excited until he's signed a Clemson loi.******

Feb 20, 2013, 11:05 AM

Speed helps, he seen to have great hands like Nuk whom doesn't have 4.3 or 4.4 speed. With great hands, big frame, great blocking, Clemson coaches will do the rest. If he commits, the coach will get him where he needs to be or the best out of him. Ask Dwayne Allen, Ford, D. Clark, & Benny Cunningham. This have nothing to do with H. Walker but a good looking high school tightend, athlete, kid, son, child, and must of all a high school football player whom like what Clemson and its football team has to offer. Beside it would be great to watch H. Walker in DV cheering for Clemson and his nephew as he makes that one big catch with his 6'5 frame in the national champion game. Every player counts regardless where his family's college or university roots might be connected with. We all have or had family members connected with all colleges. Please stay positive to help the coaches get helpful players for our football team. STAY ALL IN, WERE WORKING ON A NATIONAL CHAMPION.

Walker in DV cheering?

Feb 20, 2013, 12:03 PM

I would love to see that happen. :)

Bennie was a huge man when he came to CU. I used to love to watch him carry db's on his back running down the field.

Feb 20, 2013, 11:46 AM

I have seen this kid play many times...he looks good in a uniform and comes from a great family...but he is not a big time football player the locals will tell you there is 4 or 5 kids that have better hands and better football mentality on that team.He is a bust waiting to happen.

Feb 20, 2013, 4:25 PM

A few years ago, I was at my son high school practice. Two twin brohters fought with each other during football practice. An assist coach stated that because of their attitude and action, that they wouldn't mount to nothing and was going to end up in prison anyway. Both brothers finished their high school career. Both graduated from high school and both brothers attended and finished at different division I colleges. Also they are doing quite well now. Some time it good to leave your comfort zone. Or your present environment. It ok to bring a little attitude and toughness to the field and game.

I live in Sav...

Feb 20, 2013, 11:54 AM

My GF''s son is a third grader at Calvary , a small parochial school not exactly known for its athletics. I will go see them play and report on Milan this fall...but cant say that ive heard anything about him in the local sports page.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

So Milan or Blazevhich?

Feb 20, 2013, 8:04 PM

Since we already have one TE signed (Cannon Smith), do we take Jeb Blazevich or this Milan fellow. Since our numbers will be low, thats a tough call. Obviously you take both if you can. I just dont like turning away talent and letting a team like UGA get a guy that we had to turn away because of numbers.

These kids are athletes. They'll get on the field somewhere

Feb 21, 2013, 9:20 AM

Tight ends can become tackles or full backs. KC plays TE and LB.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The Dude abides

1st class young man ... 1st class Savannah family

Feb 21, 2013, 7:56 PM

As a Clemson grad and Savannah local since '84 graduation, trust me on this one ... Clemson would be a good fit for this young man who will get a lot more touches his senior year of H.S. He has not fully blossomed yet ... when he does, watch out.

Replies: 34
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic