Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Georgia has 30 commitments and could sign 36 players
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 4
| visibility 1

Georgia has 30 commitments and could sign 36 players

Dec 4, 2012, 12:40 PM

with 11 counting towards last year. ###! You can recruit over a lot of recruiting mistakes when you do that.

18 defensive players - 6 linebackers(5 at least 230lbs), 5 safeties, 3 cornerbacks, 5 defensive lineman with 2 over 300lbs.

We have had some good recruiting classes lately, but that is hard to compete with.

http://blogs.ajc.com/recruiting/2012/12/04/ugas-big-board/

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Georgia has 30 commitments and could sign 36 players

Dec 4, 2012, 12:44 PM

The numbers still equate to what everyone else has to work with. I'd rather spread them out over 4/5 years so you can play developed players while developing younger guys. Also, bringing in so many players in one class dilutes the talent you are able to bring in. A 4 star LB will prefer to be 1 of 2 LBs in Clemson's class over 1 of 6 LBs in Georgia's class.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Georgia has 30 commitments and could sign 36 players

Dec 4, 2012, 12:46 PM

well you'd hope so but look at Marshall and Gurley last year. after that nothing kids do recruiting wise surprises me anymore

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

How do you lose 11 in one yr without running some off?

Dec 4, 2012, 1:01 PM

Understand Nick Saban in famous for running off players after they have had a chance to assess their abilities over a semester or so.

Also have read on several CU sites Dabo believes this practice of weeding out players is unethical.

Replacing 11 in one year implies some were run off. Does Mark Richt also utilize Nick Saban's attrition plan?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Would have to be. Plus, with our 2009 class of 10 players

Dec 4, 2012, 1:30 PM

passing through our program like a rabbit through a snake, we could use a year or two of signing these numbers to catch up. Otherwise, you're looking at 3-5 years to catch back up, which is what we are seeing.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 4
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic