Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
You people talking about how good South Carolina is now...
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 32
| visibility 1

You people talking about how good South Carolina is now...

Nov 30, 2012, 1:05 PM

should probably go ahead and sign up for a few more losses. You speak of them like they are some kind of football juggernaut that cannot will be beat.

Those of us who have been around a while know of very good SC teams in the past that we have indeed beaten. SCar has benefitted from a unusually weak SEC East the last few years, and the team we lost to Saturday night is not a great team.

As long as you talk about how great SCar is now, you will be able to have a built in excuse to lose to them, but you also lessen what we have done in the past dominating this rivalry.

I want no part of you defeatist, loser mentality.

When we decide to wear our big boy pants again, we will indeed beat them. They are not better than us.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-franc1968.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

i wouldnt say

Nov 30, 2012, 1:13 PM

they are a great team but they have had a hell of D the last couple years but we will see how good they will be next year cause i think they lose like 9 starters on D but i hatem for ever an always

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Lose 6 starters. But remember that we lost a lot of

Nov 30, 2012, 3:40 PM

defensive starters last year (Ingram, Robertson, Gilmore, Allen, etc) who were drafted by the NFL. We recruit very well on defense and redshirt many such as Diggs, Lewis, Fleetwood, Elder, English, McWilliams, Moody, Holloman, etc).

Yep. We keep running the ball last Sat and we win. No....

Nov 30, 2012, 1:15 PM

matter how bad our D was. Their juggernaut best team ever sure did whip our tails?????

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Actually we are

Nov 30, 2012, 1:16 PM

but I don't say that to brag or rub it in

when you win 4 games in a row- you are better- and I realize 98% of Clemson fans know that.

We were better Saturday night because our defense was better. Our defense kept your offense off the field where it couldn't do damage.

Your defense- which played fairly well- wasn't able to get our offense off the field. Our offense clearly isn't as good as Clemson's. But our offense makes the most impact when it stays on the field a lot, runs the clock, and controls field position.

The SEC being "WEAK" as you say - had no impact on our game Saturday night. The game Saturday night was impacted by the ability of our defense to keep your offense off the field.

Re: Actually we are

Nov 30, 2012, 1:40 PM

Don't worry Clemson fans it is going to flip back our way. We won 5yrs. in a row one time, remember? Even if Spurrier is better than Holtz, but we still did it. Clowney is the new Bubba Smith I will give him that. The thing is the SEC has been dominate for awhile now only because the out of conference teams they play and the media allow them to be. Recruits see this and feel thats the place to be. We have to play to win no matter what the conference is or what conference we are in.

Re: Actually we are

Nov 30, 2012, 1:51 PM

Bubba was my best good friend. And even I know that ain't somethin' you can find just around the corner. Bubba was gonna be a shrimpin' boat captain, but instead, he died right there by that river in Vietnam.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Clemson has been historically better than Carolina. That's pretty obvious." - Classof09

"No one knew we were overhyped until the season started." - Classof09

Disagree

Nov 30, 2012, 3:42 PM [ in reply to Re: Actually we are ]

The SEC isn't the dominant conference right now because of the out of conference teams they play

considering that when they play those teams - they win those games

South Carolina- Clemson
UGA- Ga. Tech
LSU - Oregon last year

Bama- Michigan this year

yes, we've beaten great acar teams in the past.

Nov 30, 2012, 1:23 PM

4 years is more than 1 team. they've gone thru early entry, coaching turnover, player turnover[garcia/latt/others that have been shown the door], graduation[although at a lower rate than many ;)], but the program keeps moving forward.

they are not 'better' than clemson. clemson isn't limited by what scar does, but by what cu does or doesn't do.

i'm peeved that we lost this recent game. and i don't believe it was player effort, s&c or toughness that lost that game.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Thats the Truth, Truth***

Nov 30, 2012, 1:25 PM

"Clemson has been historically better than Carolina. That's pretty obvious." - Classof09

"No one knew we were overhyped until the season started." - Classof09

Wait a sec

Nov 30, 2012, 1:31 PM

did franc just drop a serious post?

USuC is 6th in the SEC. We beat ourselves, actually Morris

Nov 30, 2012, 1:35 PM

did with his nonexistent gameplan.

6th in the sec is till good enough for top 10 in the nation

Nov 30, 2012, 2:24 PM

we played and lost to a good team, but we're improving and recruiting better players each year. Our time is coming, soon.

Re: You people talking about how good South Carolina is now...

Nov 30, 2012, 1:38 PM

man are you serious??. "an unussually weak SEC east"?? huh?? they have 3 teams in the top 10. plus its very possible that Vandy, yes,Vandy, is better than every team in the ACC.

The sec this year may have been the best conference ever. And the east was almost equal to the west.

Clemson has virtually no shot at b eating SC next season in columbia as things stand now. And everyone knows that. The best bet for the tigers to end the string will be 2 years from now back in the Valley

he might be referring to the 4 years of losses. no

Nov 30, 2012, 1:41 PM

argument for uf, ut, uga being down when scar won the seceast.

uf was the only .500 team in the east that year and scar finished 22 or 23?

Nov 30, 2012, 1:38 PM

I always say jugger-not to make the point a given team isn't so strong after all. :)

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 30, 2012, 1:46 PM

I don't understand all the excuses for losing to the Gamecocks or even why people feel they need to make excuses. Both teams are made of coaches and players supported by "enthusiastic" fans. It is the players and coaches who determine who is the better team. Clemson is not inherently better than South Carolina and hasn't been ordained from some higher power to always dominate them. Had the Tigers beaten the Gamecocks the past four years no one here would be questioning; everyone would be proclaiming how superior the Tigers are to the Gamecocks. But reality is that the Gamecocks have won the last four. Sorry, but it wasn't luck and had nothing to do with an easy SEC schedule or the scheduling of cupcakes before the big game. They won because they were better than the Tigers in all four of those games and all four of those seasons. Sorry again, but it comes off as quite insincere for anyone who roots for any ACC team of late to complain about strength of schedule of another team from another conference. The ACC has been down in football for several years, making excuses will not change that.

No that would be you people who are scared to play

Nov 30, 2012, 1:54 PM

In the Sugar or vs LSU, saying we 'll get drilled. Yeah those yella bellies are who you need to point the finger out

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: No that would be you people who are scared to play

Nov 30, 2012, 2:06 PM

You would have won if you scored more points too. That is as good as an excuse as the rest. All are pretty laughable, which is why I read all these posts here.

Nov 30, 2012, 2:10 PM

You are in denial. They have a dramatically better defense than we do at the present time. I do not believe they are an "unbeatable dynamo." I simply think the past two years have been the best teams South Carolina has ever fielded. I believe Clemson has a better Offense, but that didn't buy us much because we couldn't give our QB time to find the open receivers. That, too, will change, beginning in 2013. if you've been around for a while you know that everything in life is cyclical. College football is no different. South Carolina has been to the top of the mountain and all they got out of it was a 4th place finish in the SEC and nice rings for an 11 win season. They'll never again have a season with so much talent on both sides of the ball, at least if you include Lattimore in the equation. So no, I'm not a defeatist; I'm a realist. No reason to blow smoke. We were beaten soundly by the yardbirds. To pretend otherwise is simply delusional. But Clemson has a superior school and will field superior teams in football, basketball and baseball in the very near future. Just give the devil his due. Spurrier has done what no other coach in the history of the University of South Carolina has ever been able to do; make them respectable on a national level. And he, too, is cycling down. Can't have many more years to coach, and I say, "Good riddance." Go Tigers!

Nov 30, 2012, 3:49 PM

Right now, our recruiting is ranked 12th and, I like our chances with several uncommitted blue chip prospects. So, we should be able to maintain this for several more years, at least. When Spurrier eventually retires, we should be able to attract a very good replacement because of SEC money, the prestige of coaching in the SEC and Spurrier has proven you can win at South Carolina.

sounds like you need some big boy pants.***

Nov 30, 2012, 2:20 PM

Deer franc...

Nov 30, 2012, 2:23 PM

Too things,

1) What do you mean by, "you people"?
2) You misspelled jugger-knot.

Try to keep booth eyes FOCUSED on you're work.

PS: Just kidding.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-francismarion.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've played multiple sports and would bet any amount that I'm still more athletic than you at this present time...."

Nov 30, 2012, 2:25 PM

Hey Franc,

Just curious if you are retired? I'm trying to figure out how one gets 43000 posts since 2007. Geez! They should give you some kind of a trophy!

Do you have time to do anything else other than Tigernet? Thats got to be a 40hr/week job to get those kind of numbers. Hats off to you. No clue how you do it. Sorry to get off topic!

Nov 30, 2012, 2:30 PM

I see you really do believe fan (spectator) talk has something to do with the play on the field. That is interesting. :)

The 2000, 2002, 2007, and 2008 teams were good.***

Nov 30, 2012, 2:45 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's something in these hills.

Clowney might go in the 5th round. I'm tired of people

Nov 30, 2012, 3:16 PM

saying he's such a good player.

He might - if he blows out his knees- but other than that -

Nov 30, 2012, 3:43 PM

he will be a top 10 pick - easily.

That's reality whether you like it or not.

Re: Clowney might go in the 5th round. I'm tired of people

Nov 30, 2012, 3:49 PM [ in reply to Clowney might go in the 5th round. I'm tired of people ]

Clowney would be the the #1 overall pick this year if he went out.

I have a friend that is a scout for an NFL team. He told me they would have taken Clowney #1 coming out of high school and let him sit for 2 years.

To think he is a 5th round pick proves you know absolutely NOTHING AT ALL about football.

Nov 30, 2012, 3:51 PM

Yeah, that SEC "least" went 4-0 against the best of the ACC this year. I'm tired of hearing that too.

Re: Geez, you house is smoldering around you ankles, stop...

Nov 30, 2012, 4:14 PM

trying to burn down you neighbor's house..

SC just walked into Death Valley with a backup QB in his second start and beat the supposedly the best Clemson team in nearly a decade by 10 pts. SC lost two games this season in a three week period both on the road to Top 5 teams. If they aren't a good team then there are not any in college football.

And it was delusional beaners like you who had Clemson fans thinking that the game was a mere formality this year with the "great" Clemson offense treating the "overrated" SC defense like Duke or Wake Forest.

If you can't face up to the reality of the situation then the problem can not be addressed.

I agree with you Franc.

Nov 30, 2012, 4:27 PM

Clemson had no business losing that game.

"We establish no religion in this country, we mandate no belief. Nor will we ever. Church and state are, and must remain, separate." ~Ronald Reagan

Nov 30, 2012, 4:43 PM

What we think as a fan base has nothing to do with how Clemson University will do on the football field. Your putting on our big boy pants comment is as foolish as the ever popular ""we need to focus"! Dabo, the Chad, BV, and noboy else worries about what you or I think. We all are entitled to our own opinion.
This board is becoming like a middle school.....at one time I looked forward to the Clemson family approach T-Net members had. Now 10-2 sucks and the sky is falling???
Might be time to just delete the account and move on.

Replies: 32
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic