Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Saw this on FB.... Classic....so proud to be a tiger
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 38
| visibility 1

Saw this on FB.... Classic....so proud to be a tiger

Nov 19, 2012, 5:44 PM

The Difference between Clemson and Scar

We are the Clemson Family. You are the Gamecock Nation

Our Stadium is named after the Clemson Students who gave their lives in the service of our country. Your stadium is named after a female booster.

It is 5 football fields from Tillman Hall to the 50 Yard Line of Frank Howard Field. It is one and a half miles from the Horseshoe to the 50 yard line at Williams-Brice.

To get to our Stadium, you walk through a park dedicated to all the Clemson Students who gave their lives in the Armed Forces. To get to your stadium, you pass an empty fairground, railroad tracks, warehouses, liquor stores and parking lots.

Our Coach embraces the history and tradition of Clemson Football. Your Coach disavows everything that came before him (East Carolina game quotes 9/8/12); after moving to #3 in the AP poll "That is a school record"- he was then informed that the 1984 SCar team rose to #2 before losing to Navy (Greenville News 10/8/2012)

We lost a bowl game by 37 points and it is considered one of the lowest points in the history of our program. You lost the SEC Championship game by 39 points and that appearance is one of the highlights of your program.

Our Coach honored the scholarship of a high school student who suffered a stroke after he verbally committed to Clemson and will likely never walk again. (Jake Nicolopulos). Your Coach pulled a scholarship offer on the day before signing day to a player who had been committed for months who was an orphan and spent the majority of his childhood as a ward of the state. (Lorenzo Mauldin).

Our Coach proposed a plan to generate revenue for schools by playing an exhibition game against regional universities that was lauded by his peers. Your coach proposed paying amateur student athletes in revenue sports only.

Our Coach goes on national television after a huge win and says "I can't think of a better place …than Death Valley, South Carolina!". Your coach, after arguably the biggest win in school history, presents himself with the gameball.

Our Coach uses his bonus money from winning the ACC Championship to provide additional pay for his assistant coaches. Your coach became a member of Augusta National after signing his contract.

Our program helped a scholarship athlete gain custody and care for his 11 year old little brother, then created an endowment to ensure his higher education. Your program frequently refuses to renew scholarships to players who aren't deemed good enough to play. (Grayson Mullins, Bryce Sherman, Tramell Williams, Andrew Clifford, Seaver Brown, Kevin Young, ect…)

Our coach leads the nation in APR (academic progress rate), your coach doesn't even realize that 18 year-olds can vote (Greenville News 11/6/2012)

After the games, my four kids play football and soccer with scores of other kids while we continue to tailgate for hours. After your games, there are four armed robberies and a shooting (Clemson 2011), two mob assaults and another shooting (Mizzu 2012), felony DUI with a flipped car and 41 other arrests (Georgia 2012).

We suspended our best player for two games, including one of the biggest games of the season for a misdemeanor arrest for which he underwent PTI and had removed from his record. Your best player was arrested in 2/2007 for public intoxication (age 19) and again in March of that year for keying a professor's car. In March of 2008 he was arrested for underage drinking and that same night had the police come to his dorm for pulling a fire alarm and discharging a fire extinguisher. He was suspended from practice for violating team rules during a bowl trip in December of 2010. And he was suspended again in April of 2011 for causing a disturbance at a SEC-mandated meeting, where he was reportedly intoxicated. Despite all this, he never missed a game until he was finally kicked off the team in October of 2011 for failing a substance abuse screening.

We won Southern Living's "The South's Best Tailgate" competition in 2012. South Carolina had a fan arrested for mooning the crowd at the LSU game in Baton Rouge 11/13/2012

When Marcus Lattimore was hurt, these were Coach Swinney's comments: "It took my breath away. I was watching and it just breaks my heart. I mean, I just hurt for him and his family and his teammates. This is a guy that, to me, represents all the good things that college football should be about. He's a guy I know personally. He's a class young man and so is his family. I know how hard he has worked. "If there is anybody I would bet on it is Marcus Lattimore. I know it will be a long process, but I tell you what, I would put my money on Marcus Lattimore in a heartbeat. When he comes to terms with this, he will do everything he can to come back. My prayers go out to him and his family. I have been heavy-hearted for him. He is a winner in every regard. Hopefully we haven't seen the last of him from a football standpoint. He has been a great representative for his family and his university. I will lift him up in my prayers." Then Coach Spurrier had this to say at the celebration meant to honor Marcus Lattimore: "A lot of quotes came across the country and I read one today from the head coach at our upstate school," Spurrier said at the rally, as if it was beneath him to mention Swinney or Clemson by name. "You know, that school that used to beat us a lot that doesn't beat us much anymore, that one. Usually when that coach up there talks about South Carolina it's a bunch of garbage and a bunch of BS usually."

Clemson Memorial Stadium was named as the top venue in college football by Bleacher Report.com(2012), Williams-Brice Stadium was noted by the Wall Street Journal as having the shortest distance from the stadium to a Waffle House in the SEC (10/3/2012).

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Set. Point. Match.***

Nov 19, 2012, 5:49 PM

"We establish no religion in this country, we mandate no belief. Nor will we ever. Church and state are, and must remain, separate." ~Ronald Reagan

Ready, fire, aim???? Delta-alpha***

Nov 19, 2012, 9:32 PM

a little friendly advice

Nov 20, 2012, 9:23 AM

you should probably be quiet.

Re: Saw this on FB.... Classic....so proud to be a tiger

Nov 19, 2012, 5:52 PM

He presented himself with a Gameball???

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Excuse me? I don't go down to your work and tell you how to flip the burger!"

went something like " we won 11 games, that doesnt happen

Nov 19, 2012, 5:57 PM

round here to often. I'm going to keep this one for myself.."

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

What a self centered POS***

Nov 19, 2012, 6:10 PM

"Excuse me? I don't go down to your work and tell you how to flip the burger!"

Nov 19, 2012, 5:57 PM

I thought I saw Jake Nicolopolus at the Tiger Walk and he seemed very mobile, he was walking fine. But that's beside the point, this is a great post. I'm glad I'm a Clemson Tiger fan!

Thanx. Best post of the day. +1.***

Nov 19, 2012, 6:01 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

This may very well be one of my all time favorite posts.

Nov 19, 2012, 6:19 PM

. sorry that i can only give one point.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Wow....how True!!!! Dear Ole Clemson College, what a place!

Nov 19, 2012, 6:21 PM

GoTiGERs....beat the #####!

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nice post, but I would trade it for scoreboard. BEAT SCAR!!!***

Nov 19, 2012, 6:38 PM

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 19, 2012, 6:42 PM

Andrew Clifford? You ruin things when you don't post facts.

Nov 19, 2012, 6:57 PM

Great post! Love this!!

Nov 19, 2012, 7:00 PM

Those are impressive distinctions. Proud!

Best post ever on Tnet.

Nov 19, 2012, 7:09 PM

I'd point you 1,000 times if I could. I may get flamed, but these things are more important to me than beating those dirtpeckers.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Dabo crushed my soul." --- Classof09

Add this:

Nov 19, 2012, 8:40 PM

after games, our fans join the team on the actual playing field in an age-old tradition of "family". After SC games, fans head for the exits and traffic lines.

Re: Add this:

Nov 20, 2012, 10:39 PM

What do you mean "after the games"....they leave in the 3rd quarter most games!

I think we should temporarily suspend the 1 vote limit!!!!!***

Nov 19, 2012, 8:51 PM

oh shi+

Nov 19, 2012, 8:51 PM

Clemson Memorial Stadium was named as the top venue in college football by Bleacher Report.com(2012),

Williams-Brice Stadium was noted by the Wall Street Journal as having the shortest distance from the stadium to a Waffle House in the SEC (10/3/2012).

A point for you, good sir!

Nov 19, 2012, 8:55 PM

nfm

cut. paste. Thank you sir.***

Nov 19, 2012, 8:58 PM

I am printing this out. Thanks. point***

Nov 19, 2012, 9:00 PM

63-17

Great Post

Nov 19, 2012, 9:05 PM

I would give up a TU but your on 63 right now and it just seems appropriate.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Just a few of the many reasons I

Nov 19, 2012, 9:08 PM

am proud to be a Clemson Tigers fan.
Clemson = Class
Chickens = Crass

Re: Just a few of the many reasons I

Nov 19, 2012, 9:23 PM

I love the Waffle House comment...

Love it, but Jake is walking so everyone knows***

Nov 20, 2012, 6:06 AM

This needs a bump!

Nov 20, 2012, 7:42 AM

great post...

pretty sure this originated on TI***

Nov 20, 2012, 9:39 AM

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

And on top of that . . .

Nov 20, 2012, 4:55 PM

gamecocks suck!

Southern Living, LMAO!! that whole post is hysterical.***

Nov 21, 2012, 2:23 PM

Hall of Fame Post. I took a screen shot and saved it.

Nov 21, 2012, 2:49 PM

I believe we win this game but no matter what happens I am privileged to be a tiger.

bump***

Nov 21, 2012, 11:49 PM

Best post in a long time***

Nov 22, 2012, 2:57 AM

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"It is not part of a true culture to tame tigers any more than it is to make sheep ferocious."
--Henry David Thoreau

Cared so much about Ray Ray that his scholarship was pulled.

Nov 22, 2012, 6:53 AM

Carolina's staff helped Sammy up last year and patted him on the helmet. Next play, Clemson coaching staff members stood over and taunted a Carolina player after getting knocked down on a nice block. They then "embraced their history" by spewing the series record. It was a 21 point lead at the time. Stay classy!

DeAndre McDaniel was never suspended. Did you forget about him? What was his offense? What were Garcia's (who want nearly our "star player")? Sammy was driving a car while in possession of drugs. Joe Craig also say hello. He had to mess up again before he would be suspended. Beating a woman just wasn't enough. How high is that hire now?

Southern Living. SOUTHERN LIVING? I give. You got us.

Just goes to show. Anyone can post anything on social media. it doesnt matter how inaccurate it is, many will embrace and follow.

All in good fun. Should be a heck of a game.

LOL...What's one of the first posts I see on early T-day?

Nov 22, 2012, 7:04 AM

A member of our loyal opposition ready to defend his turf on TNet...rather than chatting with his cohorts on one of his own sites! Makes one think that too many of us may well be gluttons for punishment...even on a glorious holiday! Nevertheless, I won't engage in retribution at this moment and will agree: should be one heckova game.

BYE***

Nov 22, 2012, 10:13 AM [ in reply to Cared so much about Ray Ray that his scholarship was pulled. ]

badge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Clemson has been banned from bowls and tv before...sc hasn't

Nov 22, 2012, 9:50 AM

Point..Set...Probation!

You're on probation right now.

Nov 22, 2012, 10:14 AM

Tread softly.

badge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Replies: 38