Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Front Page Story: Clemson slips to #11 in AP Top 25 Poll
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 52
| visibility 1

Front Page Story: Clemson slips to #11 in AP Top 25 Poll

Nov 11, 2012, 12:06 PM

Clemson slips to #11 in AP Top 25 Poll

Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

All we can do is win

Nov 11, 2012, 12:13 PM

These polls only show how flawed the system is. 4 2 loss teams ahead of us makes no sense.

thats what playing in the ACC gets you

Nov 11, 2012, 12:49 PM

only thing worse, the Big East.

Re: thats what playing in the ACC gets you

Nov 12, 2012, 8:34 AM

Well it was Texas A&M beating Alabama and jumping everybody in the polls. BCS 4-9 is SEC. What else can you expect...

Re: All we can do is win

Nov 11, 2012, 1:13 PM [ in reply to All we can do is win ]

Clemson has played ONE top 25 or 35 team, what do you expect. Dabo should consider beefing up the schedule. Instead of playing two cupcakes try and schedule two top 25 teams.

Well, you would expect Auburn to be top 25, we are playing

Nov 11, 2012, 3:14 PM

UGA the next two years. FSU is a top 10 team, and Va Tech is usually a top 10-15 team.

Although not expected every year, SCAR has been a top 25 team the last few years.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: All we can do is win

Nov 11, 2012, 3:27 PM [ in reply to Re: All we can do is win ]

Bingo!!! For the ones that think s o s doesn't matter as long as you just win. And that we can get to be a top team in the sucks ACC. Think again, and think about how we Clemson will ever get into a championship game with the other play off teams when it gets here. If our acc partners don't give a crap about FB. Then maybe Clemson should think hard about becoming a basketball school. Or we should change who our conference partners are, and it is just that plain and SIMPLE....

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yeah, cause it's Dabo's fault Auburn, GT, Maryland,

Nov 12, 2012, 7:48 AM [ in reply to Re: All we can do is win ]

Wake, and the rest of the ACC are terrible.

Look at that powerful out of conference schedule SCU plays.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's something in these hills.

This is what being a nice guy gets you by calling off the

Nov 11, 2012, 12:15 PM

dogs at halftime. Start beating the XXXX out of these teams and this wont happen. I know the AP doesnt matter, but the perception is we could only win by 35 over marylands 5th string QB.

Re: This is what being a nice guy gets you by calling off the

Nov 11, 2012, 12:26 PM

You're saying that right now, but say if Boyd or Hopkins were still playing in the fourth quarter yesterday airing it out and one of them got seriously hurt... Would you still be saying the same thing?

perception = you don't have a clue***

Nov 11, 2012, 12:55 PM [ in reply to This is what being a nice guy gets you by calling off the ]

Re: perception = you don't have a clue***

Nov 11, 2012, 1:07 PM

Very informative 74tiger. Does your ####### have something to add about "Perception"? Perhaps you can explain why we dropped you enlightened one.

Re: perception = you don't have a clue***

Nov 11, 2012, 1:46 PM

It's NOT from being nice and calling off the dogs at halftime. It's NOT because we could only beat a 5th string QB by 35 points.

If that's the case, explain to me why Florida did not drop?

It's about the SEC.

There was no doubt to anyone who watched the game who the

Nov 11, 2012, 1:14 PM [ in reply to This is what being a nice guy gets you by calling off the ]

superior team was and that we could score at will. Running the score up on a team facing as much adversity as Maryland has had to face of late would have just made us look like a classless team.

Although I do not think a drop in the polls was warranted based on our obvious domination of another team, our offense scoring on a top defensive team, and showing continued improvement on defense, I cannot say that our dropping in the AP came as a surprise.

Control what you can, and let the rest take care of itself.

Or Keeps Your Players Healthy For Late In Year***

Nov 11, 2012, 2:13 PM [ in reply to This is what being a nice guy gets you by calling off the ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 11, 2012, 3:42 PM [ in reply to This is what being a nice guy gets you by calling off the ]

If we would have beat Mary land by 135, the results would be the same. Dabo doesn't have to be a SpurrierPrick and run up scores. Clemson has to rethink the conference that he coaches FB in. I know the hard nose acc folks don't want to hear that, but it's true. The acc hasn't had ANY respect in FB for a very long time. Most of the acc schools are in talent rich area's. But they don't even get the best in their own area b/c acc schools won't hire and pay the type coaches that would make their schools matter in FB. Even the very small schools are hiring better coaches than the duke's and GT's in the acc. We need more acc schools to care as much about FB as Clemson, Fla.St., and VT. Even though VT is down, they will be back.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 15, 2012, 10:33 AM [ in reply to This is what being a nice guy gets you by calling off the ]

not to mention the fact that the players need to learn to play the entire game. Otherwise they give up at halftime and we wind up with 70 hung on us! I completely understand not wanting to get the players hurt with a big lead, but the flip side of the coin is having first string players who are only used to playing 2 quarters. The starters should only come out of the game after they hang at least 50 on these cupcakes we have been playing...but thats just MO

Re: Front Page Story: Clemson slips to #11 in AP Top 25 Poll

Nov 11, 2012, 12:16 PM

Well considering the only ranking anybody shows is the bcs ranking. Does it really matter.

Cannot wait till the playoff gets here. This is making the sport we all love into a major headache

a playoff makes this sport worse????***

Nov 11, 2012, 1:40 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yep, FSU and Clemson can expose sec in two weeks

Nov 11, 2012, 12:17 PM

There is a lot of fraud in that top 10. UF is lucky they aren't .500 right now if you watched them play Bowling Green, Mizzou, and Louisiana Lafayette. Lucky for them, they haven't played OOC outside FL since 1991.

Nov 11, 2012, 12:19 PM

I would much rather pull the starters than have one of them injured for the season (see Marcus Lattimore 2011)

Nov 11, 2012, 12:19 PM

Not many of the teams ranked above us scare me. Alabama, yes, Kansas St certainly deserves their ranking, but I like our chances vs. most of the teams ranked higher. I just hope we get a shot at 1 of them in a BCS.

I completely understand this

Nov 11, 2012, 12:21 PM

I mean, there's only 10 spots for 12 SEC teams....someone's gotta move down.

Nov 11, 2012, 12:22 PM

wait, how many SEC teams are there now?

Guys, Many of those two loss teams would be undefeated with

Nov 11, 2012, 12:24 PM

our schedule. So, I'm not mad about the human polls.

We may have 3 or 4 losses with LSU's schedule. We can't ignore strength of schedule just because it hurts us this year. Our strength of schedule will probably never be this bad again. Auburn sucked harder than we ever imagined. UGA will be first up next year. If we can beat them our SOS won't be an issue.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Guys, Many of those two loss teams would be undefeated with

Nov 11, 2012, 1:05 PM

Agree 100%. What we need is to stop playing these weak out of conference schedules. Grant next year we play georgia and SC, but we still have two weak games. One of those should be playing another good team outside of the south east.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yeah but its not our fault Auburn sucked this year. Nobody

Nov 11, 2012, 1:09 PM

saw that coming. If they had been mediocre, it would have helped us.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Yeah but its not our fault Auburn sucked this year. Nobody

Nov 11, 2012, 1:24 PM

Agree, but we still play Furman and Ball St. We should have played one more formidable opponent. The strength of the ACC is not good, and most likely will not be great in the near future, so we have got to help ourself by playing outside of the southeast. This is something Clemson can control.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

^^^^ agreed***

Nov 11, 2012, 1:38 PM [ in reply to Guys, Many of those two loss teams would be undefeated with ]

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

wait, how many of those 2- lossers would beat FSU?

Nov 11, 2012, 2:30 PM [ in reply to Guys, Many of those two loss teams would be undefeated with ]

I don't think any of them would.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Exactly.***

Nov 11, 2012, 3:23 PM

So Florida stays at number 7

Nov 11, 2012, 12:27 PM

after losing the whole game and getting really lucky on a blocked punt returned for TD w/ 2 seconds left in game at home against Lousiana-Lafeyete. We beat Maryland by 5 touchdowns at home and have been blowing out every team we play recently out of water and drop in AP poll. Un-freakin-believable. I can't wait for the SEC to stop winning championships, I don't care who steps up Notre Dame, Southern Cal, Ohio State, I will cheer for any.

Re: So Florida stays at number 7

Nov 11, 2012, 12:56 PM

Absolutely agree!! What a joke! They got their butts beat for 4 quarters, and win on a blocked punt. Awful, what a disgrace. I hate FSU, but I hope they whoop florida in 2 weeks.

Nov 11, 2012, 12:29 PM

How in the world does florida not drop after only winning by 7?

(2) 2 loss teams better than us? What a SHAM!

Nov 11, 2012, 12:34 PM

JUST WIN OUT!

Nov 11, 2012, 12:55 PM

As I have said before. Dabo has got to learn to rub it in when he has the chance. That way you move up in the polls.

Nov 11, 2012, 1:10 PM

Sure has worked for oregon,oklahoma,and various other Big 12 and Pac 12 teams.

Oregon usually scores 40+ in the first half and pulls their

Nov 11, 2012, 1:47 PM

starters. They run it up without even trying the majority of the time.

No respect!! That's why we gotta beat the coots!***

Nov 11, 2012, 1:29 PM

Understand this....we have unfortunately a weak schedule

Nov 11, 2012, 1:37 PM

the conference outside of us and FSU is total junk....JUNK...Auburn was junk this year as well....we've got to win out.

Clemson dropped in AP for ONE good reason. TAMU beat Bama.

Nov 11, 2012, 1:41 PM

Texas A&M jumped us because they beat Bama. I don't think that's unreasonable. If Clemson had beaten Alabama, we'd have jumped up a few spots. I don't think Clemson would have beaten Alabama and I concur with the AP voters that Texas A&M would be more likely than not to beat Clemson. TAMU lost by 5 points and 3 points to LSU & UF, and beat Alabama. It's not clear to me that Clemson would win any of those games.

Clemson has beaten ONE FBS team that has a winning record-- Duke. We're a big question mark. But that question will be answered over the next 3 games.

The coaches poll is self-serving political crap so I won't adress that.

agreed***

Nov 11, 2012, 1:42 PM

Actually two, Ball State! Point still stands though, heh.***

Nov 11, 2012, 1:46 PM [ in reply to Clemson dropped in AP for ONE good reason. TAMU beat Bama. ]

Sorry. I meant "AQ" not "FBS". Ball St. may be our best win***

Nov 11, 2012, 1:56 PM

I'm fairly certain it is our best win.***

Nov 11, 2012, 2:07 PM

Hate we dropped but glad Bama lost

Nov 11, 2012, 2:16 PM

Hopefully we won't have to stomach another SEC team in the National Title game, enough is enough win out Oregon and K-State, maybe not a highly hyped up game but should be a good one if they win out. they'll be in the title game.

Me too. I knew we'd get jumped but still pulled against Bama***

Nov 11, 2012, 2:19 PM

Hello Chick-Fil-a!

Nov 11, 2012, 3:11 PM

Even with a win over the Coots, I see us getting snubbed by the BCS.

Re: Hello Chick-Fil-a!

Nov 11, 2012, 11:26 PM

Only two teams per conference allowed in bcs games - so IF Oregon, KSU, and Clemson win out, the BCS may not have other choices more attractive than us.

Why is Ohio St. in the polls?

Nov 11, 2012, 6:16 PM

They are not bowl eligible,correct?

Sorry if germans

AP ranks bowl ineligible teams but not Coaches & Harrris.***

Nov 11, 2012, 10:37 PM

Nov 11, 2012, 7:08 PM

Ya think they will let us stay within the top 20 if we win out. When we beat the coots, they will move up to 10. ESECPN will happier when they get all 14 sec teams in the top 15.

;) I mean all 12 teams and not 14. My bad;)
Message was edited by: allorangeallthetime52®

Message was edited by: allorangeallthetime52®

Has each team above us beat a Top 10 Team?

Nov 11, 2012, 11:56 PM

I believe so.

We have not beat a Top 10 team. When we beat SC, then let's see where we're rated.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 52
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic