Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Mickey Plyler's Blog: Practice Observations
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 12
| visibility 1

Mickey Plyler's Blog: Practice Observations

Aug 6, 2012, 11:25 AM

Practice Observations

Practice Observations
We got to spend about 45 minutes at practice Friday and I wanted to pass along the following observations:

Chad Kelly
flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Mickey Plyler's Blog: Practice Observations

Aug 6, 2012, 11:37 AM

Adding a player like BRADLEY PINION can make a tremndous difference over the course of the season! Much credit for the 1981 MNC was due to the ability of Dale Hatcher to keep the opposing offense pinned deep and to occasionally "flip the field" when our own offense appeared to be ready to give up prime field position when punting from deep in our own territory. Kickers like Donald Iguwbuke and punters like Dale Hatcher can be genuine game changers and can often times be the subtle difference between winning and losing.

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Go back to the Champs Bowl against Colorado....

Aug 6, 2012, 11:40 AM

The only that prevented that from becoming a 30 point blow out was the fact that their punter kept us starting our offense from what seemed every possession inside our own 10.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The body works better with a proper nerve supply.

I agree 100%......if Clemson fandom learned ANYTHING

Aug 6, 2012, 11:41 AM [ in reply to Re: Mickey Plyler's Blog: Practice Observations ]

during the Ford era, it was that championships CAN be won with great defense and great kicking.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 6, 2012, 11:43 AM [ in reply to Re: Mickey Plyler's Blog: Practice Observations ]

Really excited about Chad.

In photos and on film he looked kind of thin although athletic.

Seeing photos...he look like a freshman Tim Tebow. Seriously. And hearing that he has a whip for an arm makes me all the more optimistic.

Aug 6, 2012, 11:43 AM [ in reply to Re: Mickey Plyler's Blog: Practice Observations ]

I remember a comment attributed to Bear Bryant back in the early '80s, I think. Anyway he was referring to kicker/punter tandem and said something like, "There's two national championships right there." Seems the two had two years of eligibility together.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The definition of awesome!

Aug 6, 2012, 11:39 AM

Very encouraging, Mickey. We've heard the rave reviews every fall camp, though. I hope Kelly and Pinion are every bit as ready as you say, though.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

This year their attitudes will be different

Aug 6, 2012, 11:41 AM

this could be a special year ;)

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: This year their attitudes will be different

Aug 6, 2012, 11:44 AM

It's one thing for the OL to look more athletic; it's another thing for them to dominate the defense. I'm holding my breath until I see what the OL can do.

Re: This year their attitudes will be different

Aug 6, 2012, 12:29 PM

I am hoping we can have 8 or 9 O-Line with significant #snaps. 6 or 7 D-Linemen with significant snaps would be good too. Last year it seemed that many played significant snaps with injuries, Hall and Meeks at safety, Thompson on the D-Line, Price on the O-Line, Ellington and Watkins as well. Probably a lot of others as well.

Pinion: Perfect name for a punter

Aug 6, 2012, 1:02 PM

I see many "Pin" puns in our future lol

I am the most excited about Kalon Davis and

Aug 6, 2012, 2:36 PM

Spencer Region - if they slim down and toughen up, we could see a difference on the O-line sooner than later.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I really like the unspoken responsibility that the players

Aug 6, 2012, 2:53 PM

have taken upon themselves to hit the weightroom, drop the social networking, and take their game to the next step. This group is hungry, and ready for big things. watch out!

Replies: 12
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic