Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Recruit Update: Mike Williams Junior Highlights
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 4
| visibility 2,263

Recruit Update: Mike Williams Junior Highlights

Jul 16, 2012, 10:34 AM

Mike Williams Junior Highlights

Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Not taking anything away from this kid at all,

Jul 16, 2012, 3:52 PM

but those are some of the most pathetic defenses I've ever seen.....looks like a middle school playing.

Still, I'd love to see us sign him and North

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Not taking anything away from this kid at all,

Jul 16, 2012, 4:20 PM

While the defenses were not any good in the highlights the QB wasn't really any good either so he was always having to stop his routes just to catch the ball. Give him a good QB who throws it on stride and we might be able to see what this kid can actually do.

If Clemson saw him at camp and he lit it up I am fine with offering the kid, looks the part on the highlights which is pretty much all he can do with that QB and those defenses giving him no challenge whatsoever.

Williams has Aaron Kelly 2.0 potential IMO

Jul 16, 2012, 3:56 PM

Tall & wiry. Long strider with deceptive vertical speed that can sneak up on a DB. Uses his length to gain separation. Looks to have similarly soft hands and outstanding body control when catching. Similar natural ability when both adjusting to throws and shielding from defenders. As he physically matures, he seems like he'll be more quick than fast, and considering how much ground he covers during his first 5 steps, that could be a nice asset to Morris's offense. If he's a student of the game and fine tunes his route running, Williams looks like Aaron Kelly to me, a reliable possession receiver who can consistently move the chains and create opportunities in the redzone. My 2 cents.

Re: Recruit Update: Mike Williams Junior Highlights

Jul 16, 2012, 5:20 PM

Hopefully he will come to Clemson and become one of the top 5 football players in history named Mike Williams.

My Ranking:

1) Mike Williams (WR) born 1984, played for the real USC and finished 8th in 2003 Heisman.

2) Mike Williams (WR) born 1987, 2010 4th round pick of Tampa Bay from Syracuse. Set the TD receiving record (11) for Tampa as a rookie

3) Mike Williams born 1980, University of Texas All American offensive Tackle, Drafted #4 by Buffalo Bills.
Despite being a 4 year NFL starter, he was named the #4 biggest draft bust 1989 to 2008 by Sporting News (hello Ryan Leaf and Tony Mandarich).

4) Mike Williams born 1955, #22 pick for San Diego out of LSU, played 8 seasons at corner in NFL.

5) Mike Williams born 1966, Corner 1 season with Detroit and 5 seasons with Dolphins out of Northeastern.

Replies: 4
| visibility 2,263
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic